• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Insider Trade Idea: Hinrich for Darius Morris and a Pick

Swatguy

You guys kill me............you have accepted the mediocrity that the Hawks have become. Sticking up for a guy who is not an NBA coach. A GM and ownership that let Crawford walk with no compensation, and its about to happen again with Hinrich.

Yep go ahead and trade Hinrich for some bum that is not NBA material and a draft pick that will never see the court for the Hawks. The Hawks should be trying to improve the team, not giving parts away.

Nobody is accepting mediocrity, we have all been critical. You mentioned losing Jamal for nothing, do you want the same with Kirk. We are going nowhere fast so we might as well get something of value to potentially help us going forward

• Premium Member

I would do it simply for the pick. The Hawks have a history of screwing these picks up, but you could get some considerable talent with a late 1st round pick. MarShon Brooks went 25th and Norris Cole went 28th in one of the weakest drafts in recent memory. We could find a player who contributes as much as Kirk w/o costing $8M a year. Darius Morris is a toss-in.

AMEN! We can use those two first round picks to trade up in the draft. I like Kirk, but his play as of late has been dismal. Plus, Darius Morris ain't bad at all. MAKE THE TRADE!

Another reason to make the trade. Teague will play better if he is not looking over his shoulder all the time.

Another option, instead of a pick, is to find a third team who wants to dump salary to the Lakers. They can have the pick, and we take the player.

For example....Dallas may want to unload Shawn Marion in order to be able to offer 2 max contracts (D Will and D Howard). They could trade Marion to LA for the TPE and the pick, and LA could flip Marion to us for Kirk. I'm not sure if you could do all that in one deal or not.....TPE rules are funny.

Now, I'm not really saying I want Marion, I'm just saying there might be other ways to get value other than a pick in the low 20's.

Another option, instead of a pick, is to find a third team who wants to dump salary to the Lakers. They can have the pick, and we take the player.

For example....Dallas may want to unload Shawn Marion in order to be able to offer 2 max contracts (D Will and D Howard). They could trade Marion to LA for the TPE and the pick, and LA could flip Marion to us for Kirk. I'm not sure if you could do all that in one deal or not.....TPE rules are funny.

Now, I'm not really saying I want Marion, I'm just saying there might be other ways to get value other than a pick in the low 20's.

I don't know the rules either but I do like that idea... although you'll still have to do another deal like the Marvin for Sessions deal that clears enough salary off the books to get us under the luxury tax. That is unless the player we get back from the 3rd team is paid less than $5million or so.

Chris Brousard says Lakers turned down a deal for Beasley since they didn't want to pay more luxory tax. Makes you think they would be even less interested in Kirk.

"While Beasley, a talented and athletic small forward, would fill one of the Lakers' greatest needs, the Lakers rejected the offer because they do not want to add to their luxury tax bill, according to the source."

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bfm2Y?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

Chris Brousard says Lakers turned down a deal for Beasley since they didn't want to pay more luxory tax. Makes you think they would be even less interested in Kirk.

"While Beasley, a talented and athletic small forward, would fill one of the Lakers' greatest needs, the Lakers rejected the offer because they do not want to add to their luxury tax bill, according to the source."

http://bleacherrepor...tm_campaign=nba

I saw that on NBA.COM as well. Beasley would fit in with us at the SF and no one we could draft at 20 would come close to what he would bring talent wise if he gets his head on straight.

The new NBA where teams like the Mavericks and Lakers aren't willing to spend recklessly anymore. Either way, the ASG is more likely to dump salary now through trade because I read that Damp was just signed for the remainder of the season and that puts the team in the tax by a few hundred K. Now I don't know when exactly Stack or Pargo's deals became guaranteed or if they did yet so they might be candidates to be waived but as of right now we can pop champagne, the ASG came through on their promise to pay the tax!

The new NBA where teams like the Mavericks and Lakers aren't willing to spend recklessly anymore. Either way, the ASG is more likely to dump salary now through trade because I read that Damp was just signed for the remainder of the season and that puts the team in the tax by a few hundred K. Now I don't know when exactly Stack or Pargo's deals became guaranteed or if they did yet so they might be candidates to be waived but as of right now we can pop champagne, the ASG came through on their promise to pay the tax!

As I recall they said they would pay the tax for a player who would put us over the top. Guess that means Dampier will be putting us over the top. spiteful.gif

I'd go for Beasley. We are used to head cases. Plus, he won't be buring us like he always seems to do.

You guys kill me............you have accepted the mediocrity that the Hawks have become. Sticking up for a guy who is not an NBA coach. A GM and ownership that let Crawford walk with no compensation, and its about to happen again with Hinrich.

Yep go ahead and trade Hinrich for some bum that is not NBA material and a draft pick that will never see the court for the Hawks. The Hawks should be trying to improve the team, not giving parts away.

I would not call Hinrich and his game a very important part. Seriously dude he has not averaged dbl digits since we traded for him. Why would you want to pay for another half season of that at 10 million a year?

I would not call Hinrich and his game a very important part. Seriously dude he has not averaged dbl digits since we traded for him. Why would you want to pay for another half season of that at 10 million a year?

If he could consistently be the guy who harassed the crap out of the Magic PGs in last years playoffs then Hinrich would be a very valuable player, although he's certainly not worth his current contract amount!

If he could consistently be the guy who harassed the crap out of the Magic PGs in last years playoffs then Hinrich would be a very valuable player, although he's certainly not worth his current contract amount!

No he is not and its a shame that if we do not get something in return for him, we basicly gave away two 1st round picks just so the Wizards would eat Bibbys contract and we would ended up eating his. That is a high price to pay even with the 1st beat down we handed the Magic last season.

No he is not and its a shame that if we do not get something in return for him, we basicly gave away two 1st round picks just so the Wizards would eat Bibbys contract and we would ended up eating his. That is a high price to pay even with the 1st beat down we handed the Magic last season.

I agree we definitely need to get back a 1st round pick and/or young player for Hinrich in order to even remotely justify making the trade for him.