• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can you defend Zaza? Just how can you?

Colin

ept_sports_nba_experts-673021022-1289853789.jpg?ymd9yFEDUzWtlcKy

The man has no dance moves! This is unacceptable, how are you supposed to live in Atlanta and move so un-fluidly? Plus he can't even grow a beard. Absolute disgrace, get him out of here and bring in a real dancing big man.

mark+madsen.jpg

Edited by Colin
  • Like 3

Zaza is Zaza. We don't expect a lot from him for starters. He doesn't usually have much responsibility but since Horford is out, he does.

I know that i'm the biggest Zaza fan here, but I thought it would be nice to point out his stats for those who still think he sucks. He obviously isn't the best center in the league, but his stats as a starter, despite his low usage percentage (the lowest of his career, 13.9%) are holding their own.

As a starter (21 games)- 30 MPG, 8.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 53.3 FG%, 1.2 SPG, 0.8 BPG, 1.7 APG.

His 1.2 steals per game rank tied for 3rd among centers in the NBA. (Behind Dwight, Greg Monroe and tied with DeMarcus Cousins)

His 1.7 assists per game as a starter ranks tied for 8th among centers in the NBA. (Behind Marc Gasol, Greg Monroe, Dwight, Camby, Joakim Noah, Nene and Kaman.

His 8.1 points per game ranks 14th among centers in the NBA.

His 53.3% field goal % ranks 11th among centers in the NBA.

Zaza is also 38th in the NBA at shooting from 15 feet and beyond. (Source: http://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2012/02/pi-stat-of-the-day-kings-of-the-midrange/) The only other Hawk on the list is Pargo, at #16.

Zaza is boosting his value a ton this season, and really had a strong second half today (10 rebounds, two late scores). It might be time to try to cash in on his value, or trade for a dance instructor at least!

You ain't lying about that. I was at the game and he was terrible, fans were calling him all kinds of soft.

Damn, if Zaza is soft, Josh must be

Apologies for making it a Zaza defense thread though, the only reason I posted it was to lighten the mood after the loss.

Good numbers, Colin. Zaza plays hard most of the time, which is way more than I can say about many others on our squad. I like the steal a game, and always respect the intelligence of players who shoot well over .500.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Good numbers, Colin. Zaza plays hard most of the time, which is way more than I can say about many others on our squad. I like the steal a game, and always respect the intelligence of players who shoot well over .500.

I don't understand the Zaza bashing. If everyone on the team gave his effort we'd be much better off. The dude had two key buckets at the end of the game last night.

• Like 1

I grow jealous of that.

I should be awarded "Josh's #1 Hater" , but I realize I've got some fierce competition!

crazy.gif

Keep it up and perhaps we'll have a poll someday for the biggest Smoove homer & hater. Colin has long been the sole Zaza #1 fan so that's why he got that title.