• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Get a good look because you will miss him once he is gone.

Brotha2ThaNite

Funny how all the good teams would love to have Smoove but we would like him to be the first out the door... smh

The only two players I would like gone is Joe Johnson and Marvin William... Players not to many teams want because they're not worth crap. lol

Hey but lets keep them and get Josh out of here. smhslap1.gif

Link http://probasketball...on-serge-ibaka/

Video: J-Smoove throws it down on Serge Ibaka

Josh Smith is an underrated in game dunker — he doesn’t get as many chances as he should in the Hawks offense, but the man can be fierce.

Just ask Serge Ibaka. J-Smove got up and threw it down on Ibaka during the Hawks upset win over the Thunder Saturday. It was a big dunk and at a big time in the game.

Smith may be one of those guys who, if he ever gets traded, makes people realize just how good he was with the change of scenery.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite
  • Like 3

I won't miss Josh because the game he played last night is not the game that he consistently plays. EVERYONE on this board knows he has potential and he is a freak athlete. We all know that he is capable of those types of games.

I only caught the 2nd half from a really laggy connection on league pass, but Josh very easily could have given away that game last night. Missed huge free throws in crunch time, HUGE turnover trying to bring the ball up the court, and plenty of bad shots. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he had a particularly good shooting game. Watching the game, the Thunder had every opportunity to steal this game, they just couldn't convert or come up with the big shots.

I would absolutely love to see Josh play somewhere that will make me miss him. If he goes to the Lakers or some other team as the final piece and does things to help his team win, I will be thrilled for him. I do think that if he gets a good coach, he will become a much better player. That is not happening in Atl. We are not getting a great coach. He is not leading us to a championship, he is not going to reach his potential and he is not going to be the player that most of us want him to be.

Or we can just continue to be an average team and get excited about a handful of great games each year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I won't miss Josh because the game he played last night is not the game that he consistently plays. EVERYONE on this board knows he has potential and he is a freak athlete. We all know that he is capable of those types of games.

I only caught the 2nd half from a really laggy connection on league pass, but Josh very easily could have given away that game last night. Missed huge free throws in crunch time, HUGE turnover trying to bring the ball up the court, and plenty of bad shots. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he had a particularly good shooting game. Watching the game, the Thunder had every opportunity to steal this game, they just couldn't convert or come up with the big shots.

I would absolutely love to see Josh play somewhere that will make me miss him. If he goes to the Lakers or some other team as the final piece and does things to help his team win, I will be thrilled for him. I do think that if he gets a good coach, he will become a much better player. That is not happening in Atl. We are not getting a great coach. He is not leading us to a championship, he is not going to reach his potential and he is not going to be the player that most of us want him to be.

Or we can just continue to be an average team and get excited about a handful of great games each year.

Well said.

so all I just read from you are a bunch of could have, should have... would have? well how about if KG would have been traded to Phoenix Boston might not have won the NBA Finals.

coulda shoulda woulda are for losers. Winners deal with facts. Josh Smith all around stats has helped this team more than anyone

Funny how all the good teams would love to have Smoove but we would like him to be the first out the door... smh

The only two players I would like gone is Joe Johnson and Marvin William... Players not to many teams want because they're not worth crap. lol

Hey but lets keep them and get Josh out of here. smhslap1.gif

Link http://probasketball...on-serge-ibaka/

Oh don't worry. Josh will continue to play well until after the trade deadline. Once he's safe from being traded, he'll revert to 8 pts, 3 rebound on 3 for 10 shooting Josh.

Oh don't worry. Josh will continue to play well until after the trade deadline. Once he's safe from being traded, he'll revert to 8 pts, 3 rebound on 3 for 10 shooting Josh.

Dude, you know as well as many on here, Josh has always avg in the top 3 in every stat for this team. Hell, this year he's damn close to leading this team in every stat.

Every player is going to have their bad games. Josh is just the easy player to pick on because of his past. He is also the first to dive on the floor for a ball or draw a charge. How many times have you seen Joe or Marvin do that?

So please stop reaching

• Like 3

First to draw a charge? Now you're the one reaching my friend....josh does some great things but inviting contact is not one if those things

First to draw a charge? Now you're the one reaching my friend....josh does some great things but inviting contact is not one if those things

Yep I was thinking that as well. Josh probably does more exceptional things than any of our players but he's definitely not the 1st to take a charge or to invite physical contact.

Yep I was thinking that as well. Josh probably does more exceptional things than any of our players but he's definitely not the 1st to take a charge or to invite physical contact.

I couldn't pull up the specific statistics for his rookie and sophomore seasons, but since the 06-07 season Josh has lead the team in drawing charges ( current lockout season excluded )..

I seriously don't understand how you can refute the fact Josh is the first one to draw a charge, you don't really even need the statistics to see that. He's mastered the "head snap" flop and it's become a signature part of his game. Josh is a multi-dimensional weak-side defender, 'nuff said.

Edited by SmooveZilla
  • Like 2

I would love for you to prove this. I honestly think Josh leads the team in drawing charges. The only people I ever remember drawing charges is Ivan and Josh.

Well, here is a little of something. This is from the 2010-2011 season. Leader in taking charges was Grant Hill at 65. Josh Smith was the leading Hawk with taken charges at 36. Next Hawk after him was Jason Collins at 23, then Jamal at 8.

http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/taking-charges-offensive-fouls-drawn-in-2010-11/

Josh is #3 on the Hawks this season in charges taken, despite being the leader in minutes played. Ivan Johnson leads the Hawks with 13 compared to Josh and Zaza with 8. Ivan has played 391 minutes while Josh has played 1203. For reference, the league average is 5, so Josh is above average in taking charges.

http://www.hoopdata.com/defrebstats.aspx?team=ATL&type=tot&posi=%&yr=2012&gp=0&mins=0

Josh leads the team in Free Throws taken. Has for quite a while now.

Josh leads the team in Free Throws taken. Has for quite a while now.

Not extremely impressive when u consider that our team is full of jump shooters and he just so happens to be the least talented at that particular skill. Josh should shoot way more free throws than he does, again Ivan Johnson in about 1/15 of the minutes josh plays takes more charges and zaza takes the same amount. Dol sayin the league average is 5 becomes a lil misleading bc u have to factor in guards (who rarely get opportunities to take charges bc they're playing out on the perimeter) n bench players who get no where near the time on the floor that josh gets.

Dude, you know as well as many on here, Josh has always avg in the top 3 in every stat for this team. Hell, this year he's damn close to leading this team in every stat.

Every player is going to have their bad games. Josh is just the easy player to pick on because of his past. He is also the first to dive on the floor for a ball or draw a charge. How many times have you seen Joe or Marvin do that?

So please stop reaching

somebody's reaching, but it isn't me. he always plays a few great games in a row once people have decided they've had enough. once everything settles back down he'll be back to his same old stuff. do i wish it wasn't that way? sure i do, but history tells us otherwise.

i know every game can't be a great one, but if he'd stick to what he does well and stop trying to be a point guard, his bad games wouldn't be so bad, and everyone wouldn't be so frustrated with his wild inconsistencies. comprendo?

Edited by Watchman

Not extremely impressive when u consider that our team is full of jump shooters and he just so happens to be the least talented at that particular skill. Josh should shoot way more free throws than he does, again Ivan Johnson in about 1/15 of the minutes josh plays takes more charges and zaza takes the same amount. Dol sayin the league average is 5 becomes a lil misleading bc u have to factor in guards (who rarely get opportunities to take charges bc they're playing out on the perimeter) n bench players who get no where near the time on the floor that josh gets.

That's true the 5 is a bit misleading. I did see that Josh is somewhere around 17th or something like that in free throw attempts in the league and that's pretty impressive considering what I expected.

LOL! It's crazy how much Josh gets destroyed on this board. One of the hardest playing players on the team. Whom just LED us to a win against a high powered OKC offense with a depleted bench. It's downright sad but hilarious at the same time. And the excuses, oh the excuses!! Majority of them make no sense and the others are from pure hatred. I understand he makes stupid mistakes, but damn he hasn't had a long list of good coaches. We all know basketball, well at least I hope we all do.. Let's start putting intelligence basketball arguments with facts and solutions.

LOL! It's crazy how much Josh gets destroyed on this board. One of the hardest playing players on the team. Whom just LED us to a win against a high powered OKC offense with a depleted bench. It's downright sad but hilarious at the same time. And the excuses, oh the excuses!! Majority of them make no sense and the others are from pure hatred. I understand he makes stupid mistakes, but damn he hasn't had a long list of good coaches. We all know basketball, well at least I hope we all do.. Let's start putting intelligence basketball arguments with facts and solutions.

i thought i gave a pretty good set of solutions. he should learn how to play within his limitations and stop trying to be a point guard. let the guards bring the ball up the floor (and stop turning the ball over) and stop trying to shoot 3s and long 2s. play inside where the athletic ability can be used to his advantage. please explain the flaws in that logic?

Edited by Watchman

Will, I've seen it from the same users since i've signed up on this site. They usually bring up the same excuse and try wording it different ways, and hope the other haters will jump on and help them out. Honestly, I love getting on and reading what these people have to say. It's quite annoying (like does this dude really think this?!) and funny at the same time. Everyone thinks they're some type of NBA GM/Coach. Reading the post is just +1 entertainment for the day.

Edited by AHawks89

Will, I've seen it from the same users since i've signed up on this site. They usually bring up the same excuse and try wording it different ways, and hope the other haters will jump on and help them out. Honestly, I love getting on and reading what these people have to say. It's quite annoying (like does this dude really think this?!) and funny at the same time. Reading the post is just +1 entertainment for the day.

so you think he should be shooting long jumpers and bringing the ball up the court?