• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Get a good look because you will miss him once he is gone.

Brotha2ThaNite

I love how nobody can say a single negative thing against the sacred cow that is Josh Smith for some fans without being labeled as a hater. But fair enough, let's just make sure that none of you, who are so upset about people being critical over Josh's flaws, ever talk about anything negative about any player on the Hawks. Let's only talk about the good things that the players do and never talk about any of the bad things that ALL of them do.

• Like 2

so you think he should be shooting long jumpers and bringing the ball up the court?

Umm yes that's why Nique mentioned several times last night that Josh should be bringing the ball up the court instead of the guards... oh wait I got that backwards, sorry. But I guess Nique's opinion won't matter to these guys either.

i thought i gave a pretty good set of solutions. he should learn how to play within his limitations and stop trying to be a point guard. let the guards bring the ball up the floor (and turning the ball over) and stop trying to shoot 3s and long 2s. play inside where the athletic ability can be used to his advantage. please explain the flaws in that logic?

First, I spoke in general. Secondly, I do agree that he should give the ball up to the guards. But, where are the guards when he's bring up the ball? Oh yeah, down the court running the lanes. Until they do what Bibby did and jump into Joshs face, he will continue to do it. Thirdly, Josh shoots long shots because of Drews terrible motion dominated scheme. Did you notice the difference when Drew ran set plays through Josh on the block? He dominated and worked inside-out against Serge and Durant. The coach has to define a players role from the start of the game. When Josh makes a couple easy shots in the post he begins to trust it and attack. When he attacks, its beautiful basketball for everyone. Now I hope Drew realizes it and further runs more post plays for him. The kid can be a nightmare when he has a role established for him during the game. Poor BBIQ comes from a player not having a defined role in a system. That's why Josh tries to do it all because his role and purpose isn't clear in this system.

• Like 1

There are only TWO THINGS that I hate about Josh!!!!

1. Bringing the ball up on the break

2. Shooting jumpers

Take those two issues out of the picture and Josh would be the best player on this team, an allstar, and a guy on the levels of kevin love and LMA, and he would be our franchise player!!!

Edited by Supporter
  • Like 1

i thought i gave a pretty good set of solutions. he should learn how to play within his limitations and stop trying to be a point guard. let the guards bring the ball up the floor (and stop turning the ball over) and stop trying to shoot 3s and long 2s. play inside where the athletic ability can be used to his advantage. please explain the flaws in that logic?

U just wasted ur time posting that. What josh needs to do is pretty obvious to anyone watching this team but there are just certain people who won't acknowledge these things n will just throw insults back at u for tryin to point it out.....josh is talented no doubt, I don't think anyone argues that point. But what i have a problem with is everyone blaming everybody else except josh for what josh is....he doesn't have the right coach, he doesn't have the right teammates....this is a GROWN *ss MAN being paid millions to do a job...a job that you've been practicing all your life n have been doing it professionaly for what 7 years now n still u don't get it? He's a good guy, I like him n wish that things were different but it is what it is

Dolf, you should know by now that everyone hates when Josh takes jumpshots or brings the ball up the court. Come on now... Like we don't?

Like I said, those are the only things people can mention. Is that all it really takes for people to go ape s*** on Josh? Really? Josh is our best player on our team and is one of a few rare players to be able to accomplish what he can do. But yet, people complain about two things really. Compare the pros and cons and let's see how that works out? Josh has the full package.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

Dolf, you should know by now that everyone hates when Josh takes jumpshots or brings the ball up the court. Come on now...

Like I said, those are the only things people can mention. Is that all it really takes for people to go ape s*** on Josh? Really? Josh is our best player on our team and is one of a few rare players to be able to accomplish what he can do. But yet, people complain about two things really.

What do you consider going ape s*** on Josh? And when opposing GM's say that Josh can be their 6th man at times, that should tell you something about his flaws. He can absolutely be the best player on the court 99% of the time but it's those times were he's the worst player on the court that make people want him gone.

Dolf, you should know by now that everyone hates when Josh takes jumpshots or brings the ball up the court. Come on now... Like we don't?

Like I said, those are the only things people can mention. Is that all it really takes for people to go ape s*** on Josh? Really? Josh is our best player on our team and is one of a few rare players to be able to accomplish what he can do. But yet, people complain about two things really. Compare the pros and cons and let's see how that works out? Josh has the full package.

you're right. we should be blissfully enjoying knowing that he could be so much better if he chose to do so. i think we need to get zaza and twin out there on the 3 pt line with him. he'll be so much better at it than they are he will feel swell about himself and move it back to the half court line. after all, he's the best player on the team!

• Like 1

What do you consider going ape s*** on Josh? And when opposing GM's say that Josh can be their 6th man at times, that should tell you something about his flaws. He can absolutely be the best player on the court 99% of the time but it's those times were he's the worst player on the court that make people want him gone.

What is consider ape s***? Read the forums. <cntrl> <f> "Josh Smith."

All those GMs are sure wanting that 6th man really bad. That's for sure. Never knew that a "sometimes" 6th man could bring us in huge pieces. Even when Josh is the "worst" player on the court, he will always be there on the defensive sides, making players double think about driving in the paint. People reflect way to much on the offensive side of the game.

you're right. we should be blissfully enjoying knowing that he could be so much better if he chose to do so. i think we need to get zaza and twin out there on the 3 pt line with him. he'll be so much better at it than they are he will feel swell about himself and move it back to the half court line. after all, he's the best player on the team!

See what I mean. ^ People critiquing him whole as player because he sometimes takes J's in games. Oh yeah, and brings the ball up the court too. All of those two things mentioned for all the topics about him being dumb and being a sorry player. LOL

Now I see why Atlanta is the shittiest sport city. We don't appreciate anything. No one is never good enough. The attitude around here is bad. Like I said, you never know how good something is until it's gone.

Edited by AHawks89

All those GMs are sure wanting that 6th man really bad. That's for sure. Never knew that a "sometimes" 6th man could bring us in huge pieces. Even when Josh is the "worst" player on the court, he will always be there on the defensive sides, making players double think about driving in the paint. People reflect way to much on the offensive side of the game.

See what I mean. ^ People critiquing him whole as player because he sometimes takes J's in games. Oh yeah, and brings the ball up the court too. All of those two things mentioned for all the topics about him being dumb and being a sorry player. LOL

Now I see why Atlanta is the shittiest sport city.

yer rite. heez grate. as a matter of fact i'm havin' a smoove-asm rite now.

Fact: 1 team offered Josh a contract when he was a FA and he was younger and putting up equal or better stats then and nobody thought Atlanta would match. There are "rumors" here and there that teams want to trade for him but you can't believe rumors. But even if they were true, what huge pieces are you referring to that he is rumored to be bringing back? And sorry but no Josh is not always there on the defensive side and there is ample video proof of him jogging back on defense or complaining to officials instead of running back on D and there is plenty of proof of him not boxing out, which is also part of the defensive game. So yeah Josh has flaws on both sides of the ball and if he could acknowledge those flaws and work on them he'd be the superstar that his fanboys think he already is... even though rival GMs and non-fanbody fans don't seem to think since he's never been an All-Star.

Ignorance is bliss!

No point in responding back. You can't change a hater. That's a fact.

/Unread.

no. i love the josh from the last two games. i even know he can't play like that every game, but he could learn some things and grow, and not depend on people to "get in his face" to make him do it. he could take some pride in his ability and focus it and become one of the game's elite, if he chooses to. if he would commit to playing more like the last two games and less like the two games before that, i'd love to keep him and even build the team around him, but it requires some commitment on his part.

no. i love the josh from the last two games. i even know he can't play like that every game, but he could learn some things and grow, and not depend on people to "get in his face" to make him do it. he could take some pride in his ability and focus it and become one of the game's elite, if he chooses to. if he would commit to playing more like the last two games and less like the two games before that, i'd love to keep him and even build the team around him, but it requires some commitment on his part.

That's how I feel to man. I really do. I just don't understand all the hostility over him having few bad games here and there. One bad game, people will make topics and post about how dumb and horrible he is. Yeah, it's annoying as hell when he takes jumpers or what not, but I won't let that make me rage about him. I won't forget that Josh that can be one of the best players in the East. He's been showing more of the "good" Josh than the "bad" Josh a lot more this season. He's putting up some crazy stats this season. He is finally coming to his senses.

Also, I wish we could get a good disciplined coach. Who have we had? LD & Woody? :\

Edited by AHawks89

That's how I feel to man. I really do. I just don't understand all the hostility over him having few bad games here and there. One bad game, people will make topics and post about how dumb and horrible he is. Yeah, it's annoying as hell when he takes jumpers or what not, but I won't let that make me rage about him. I won't forget that Josh that can be one of the best players in the East. He's been showing more of the "good" Josh than the "bad" Josh a lot more this season. He's putting up some crazy stats this season. He is finally coming to his senses.

Also, I wish we could get a good disciplined coach. Who have we had? LD & Woody? :\

amen to that.

Josh Smith is an underrated in game dunker — he doesn’t get as many chances as he should in the Hawks offense, but the man can be fierce.

How many times a game does Josh catch the ball in the half court with plenty of space in front of him only for him to shoot it? On the very possession he had that monster dunk, he caught the ball a foot inside the 3pt line with slow Kendrick Perkins in the paint half-heartedly walking towards him. He could have put the ball on the floor then, with Zaza shielding off Ibaka, and forced Perkins to foul and/or give up an easy 2. Instead he shot a long range airball with 14 seconds on the shot clock.

• Like 3