• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

5 reasons Smoove wants Out.

Diesel

• Premium Member

A change of scenary... is code for I'm not happy here. So what is it here that he's not happy with? Here's some guesswork....

1. Coaching calls for discipline... I have this first on the list, but it probably won't come as the top reason. If this is a top reason, it's sad. I don't think there are many coaches in the league who would let Smoove do what he wants to do. At the same time, I think it's confusing for Josh. For 6 yrs, LD was that friendly guy with the cool thoughts on how offense is to be played... with Freedom. LD gets into the coaching job and all the sudden, on the big stage, he calls out Smoove for being too free.

2. Joe Johnson... There may be some unstated feelings that Josh has had about the 123 Million dollar man. The 123 Million dollar man doesn't show up on the court like Josh does. Yet, he's 123 Million dollars richer and he goes to the allstar game 6 times. Remember, Joe didn't have to campaign for a new contract. ON contract signing day, Joe received a call with the biggest deal that year. Josh had to go out and prostitute himself and prove that he was worth what the Hawks paid him. Joe is not from Atlanta. Joe wasn't drafted by Atlanta. Joe doesn't have Atlanta running through his veins. Joe doesn't have the city tattooed to his back or the team to his arm. Yet Joe is the face of the franchise and Not Josh. Nobody likes to be overlooked at home.

3. Al Horford... For the past few years, there has quietly been a war going on between Al and Josh. It started with Tito opening his mouth and saying that Al should be moved to Pf. The thing about it is that Al started to cosign with his dad on that point. Read this...

"“I’ve been begging [general manager] Rick Sund and the Hawks for the last three years – please get a center so my son can pay his normal position,” the elder Horford said Tuesday from his home in the Dominican Republic. “He can’t push guys out of the box like I could. If he moved to forward, he would have a longer career.”"

This is what Al has cosigned to. Sounds reasonable... until you consider that Josh is your starting PF and really the only means that Sund would have to get a Center. This may have not had an effect on Josh, but it has to sit in the back of your mind that a guy who you are better than but has more hardware than you have wants your spot.

4. Marvin Williams & The Criticism of the City... How easy it to be criticized by coaches, fans, and sportswriters when you play beside the biggest disappointment for the city and he never gets criticized. Smoove has to feel like the town whipping boy when he sees that he puts his heart out on the floor and gets criticized for it but Marvin plays with no heart and remains like Teflon. You can find about 4 post a week that criticizes Josh choices as he puts up 20 -25 a game or as he comes back from injury far earlier than expected but Marvin does nothing and gets no criticism from the local media. It's like people throwing eggs at batman everytime he saves somebody and praising the Joker.

5. The Allstar snubbings. The snubbings for Josh didn't start this year. He has been snubbed before. Josh feels elite. He plays a well rounded game. He improves himself constantly. For him to understand the continuous allstar snubbings is difficult. Maybe he feels that others have made it to the allstar game due to his hard work? Maybe he feels that guys like Deng and Iguodala who were not worthy of allstar bids (ahead of him) got there because their franchises did more to get them there. At any rate, I would think that this (while not being the main reason) may have been the catalyst. Josh may believe that the organization makes a call for Joe every year and Joe gets to go... He may have looked at his play on the court this year, felt that it was his year and then got no call made on his behalf.

The truth is this city NEEDS JOSH SMITH. He's the heart of the city. That's bigger than the team. IF it were me, I would trade every owner and GM and JJ, Marvin, and Al and keep Josh. Why... I know loyalty when I see it.

Uhm.. Dol, I wrote this.

Wow well then I have to give you credit for writing something that looked like it came from a professional source. Including the links to different topic pieces made it seem like something that came from somewhere else.

I stand corrected sir!

Jon Kincaid was killing Josh Smith on the show today. He called Smoove out for talking about commitment(we all know about Josh being called out on national tv by Hubie Brown during the playoffs). He and a guy they call hometeam Brandon Leak or something like that said this is about hurt feelings. The Hawks didn't offer Smoove his contract. He had to go out and get his value from Memphis and Hawks had to match. Joe's contract love and the love of Horf are absent, in Josh's opinion, as it pertains to his relationship to the organization.

After the whole Dominique Wilkins trade back in the day (I was on my way from Savannah to attend the game when I found out he was traded to LAC) I decided I wouldn't get too attached to players. Root for the team, to do well and I will have a much better experience. I don't care who gets traded as long as we get back pieces to keep us competitive and getting better.

If Josh has a gripe and wants to be traded, I'm cool with it as long as we get back something to help now and in the future.

• Premium Member
Jon Kincaid was killing Josh Smith on the show today. He called Smoove out for talking about commitment(we all know about Josh being called out on national tv by Hubie Brown during the playoffs). He and a guy they call hometeam Brandon Leak or something like that said this is about hurt feelings. The Hawks didn't offer Smoove his contract. He had to go out and get his value from Memphis and Hawks had to match. Joe's contract love and the love of Horf are absent, in Josh's opinion, as it pertains to his relationship to the organization.

People like Kincaid will be the reason Josh takes his ball and go home. He has no clue what Josh is going through. Imagine being the hardest working player on the floor yet being booed like a crosstown rival every time you get the ball on the perimeter. This city (his home city) has done more damage to the guy than anything. I feel sorry for the Smoove. You would think the media and fans would have the back of the hometown guy but not this ashbackward sports morgue.

Why am I not surprised? Man this is the same media and fanbase that ran Dan Reeves, Woody, Lenny Wilkens, June Jones, and coach Fratello out of town.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

People like Kincaid will be the reason Josh takes his ball and go home. He has no clue what Josh is going through. Imagine being the hardest working player on the floor yet being booed like a crosstown rival every time you get the ball on the perimeter. This city (his home city) has done more damage to the guy than anything. I feel sorry for the Smoove. You would think the media and fans would have the back of the hometown guy but not this ashbackward sports morgue.

Imagine if I came to work and the people who paid my salary didn't like me doing something, but I did it anyway, even working hard while doing it. Would they be wrong to be upset with me? Because essentially the fans are paying Smoove's salary and they're educated enough to know the shots he shouldn't be taking and yet he takes them to spite them it seems.

If he's really asked to be traded 4 times now then screw him, hope the door doesn't hit him in the ass on the way out.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm just saying I understand why the guy is pissed. He has to be sick of hearing media folks talk of how awful he is and how any player not named Josh is the heart and soul of everything.

He is awfully sensitive for a grown man. All I am hearing is me me and I. he takes no responsibility for his actions its always some else's fault. He needs a change of scenery. This clown has a few good games and thinks that he has Lebron James. Trade him to the Bobcats for their draft pick and some scrubs. That will teach him. LOL

Why am I not surprised? Man this is the same media and fanbase that ran Dan Reeves, Woody, Lenny Wilkens, June Jones, and coach Fratello out of town.

Are u freaking serious? He gets booed becuz he is NOT supposed to be doing that.

He is awfully sensitive for a grown man. All I am hearing is me me and I. he takes no responsibility for his actions its always some else's fault. He needs a change of scenery. This clown has a few good games and thinks that he has Lebron James. Trade him to the Bobcats for their draft pick and some scrubs. That will teach him. LOL

That would be hilarious lol

Are u freaking serious? He gets booed becuz he is NOT supposed to be doing that.

That would be hilarious lol

You really need to take a second and look at floor spacing and realize he's on the 3 point line because it's the spacing called for in the offense.

• Premium Member

Then what? You think I'm driving 15mins through Atl traffic on a Friday to watch JJ shoot floaters? Not me and not 80% going to games now. I'd rather watch that train wreck from my couch.

You really need to take a second and look at floor spacing and realize he's on the 3 point line because it's the spacing called for in the offense.

Then why isn't Ivan Johnson out there in that same spot when he's in the game?

• Premium Member

He's the new guy and probably hasn't learned the offense yet. Heck I bet LD is asking the same question.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Because Radman comes in for Josh, not Ivan. Ivan comes in for Marvin and Zaza. When in for Zaza, he plays the post. When in for Marvin, he plays the high post. When Zaza is out, Josh plays the high post, when Marvin is out, Josh plays his corner spot in the motion.

Here it goes again. In our motion, We have 2 corners, a Center post, a High post and decision maker near the 3 point line. When the decision maker moves to the lane, the high post clears out by going to the 3 point line. When the decision maker is trapped, the corner, high post or near corner as supposed to come and help (see Zaza/AL 10 ft jumpers). When the pick and roll is set, it is by those same 3 players with options for cutters based on the pick. The far corner is the 2nd defensive release, the rotation for the 3 and the clear out if their side is overloaded.

Typical set has Teague at the top, Joe at the high post or in the near corner. Josh in the high post or far corner. Center in the post, Marvin on the corner not occupied.

Alt set (our least effective set in my opinion) has Joe at the top, Josh in the high post.

Alt set 2 (the preferred set) - Josh in the low post (right side), 3 wings at the top, low post cleared out of the lane on the left.

Those are your sets 90% of the time, sometimes inverted. The vast majority of the reason we have lower possessions lay in 2 things....good defense making long shot clocks for our opponents but us taking a long time to set up these 3 sets and executing them.