• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

5 reasons Smoove wants Out.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Imagine if I came to work and the people who paid my salary didn't like me doing something, but I did it anyway, even working hard while doing it. Would they be wrong to be upset with me? Because essentially the fans are paying Smoove's salary and they're educated enough to know the shots he shouldn't be taking and yet he takes them to spite them it seems.

If he's really asked to be traded 4 times now then screw him, hope the door doesn't hit him in the *ss on the way out.

Imagine going to work working hard.. I mean, 7 to 7... straight. Being involved with every aspect of the business. You're the guy who is needed to get most things done... and having a co-worker show up. He doesn't absolutely nothing all day but sit in his office and play Texas Holdem. Then in the other office, you have another co-worker. He has won the 2-diamond award every year... but he works from 10-3. Then having a last co-worker, he also won the 2-diamond award for the past two years... he is good but he complains about not being the project manager for the projects that you have managed. So you got Texas Holdem and the two diamond winners... and you. This yr, you have worked extra hard... you have doubled your efforts. You came in this year having studied all of the books and you're sharp. Your supervisor tells you that he don't care how you get the numbers, just get the numbers. You get the numbers and some days it's not pretty or stylish, but you get them... and guys on the board of directors are very critical about how you speak when you give a presentation. You still bring in the contract, but they are very critical. Everytime you do something, they read over it to look for grammar errors. They get nitpicky with how you write your reports. You're good at your job, you get the job done. You do it better than anybody in your office, but you get nitpicked to death by the same people who say.. Hey buddy, you're our guy. BTW, they don't even open Texas Holdem's or the 2-diamond guys report. Rarely do they look through anything they write... But you... oh, your work is reviewed by every board member.

But... You're their guy!!!

How would you feel?

Imagine going to work working hard.. I mean, 7 to 7... straight. Being involved with every aspect of the business. You're the guy who is needed to get most things done... and having a co-worker show up. He doesn't absolutely nothing all day but sit in his office and play Texas Holdem. Then in the other office, you have another co-worker. He has won the 2-diamond award every year... but he works from 10-3. Then having a last co-worker, he also won the 2-diamond award for the past two years... he is good but he complains about not being the project manager for the projects that you have managed. So you got Texas Holdem and the two diamond winners... and you. This yr, you have worked extra hard... you have doubled your efforts. You came in this year having studied all of the books and you're sharp. Your supervisor tells you that he don't care how you get the numbers, just get the numbers. You get the numbers and some days it's not pretty or stylish, but you get them... and guys on the board of directors are very critical about how you speak when you give a presentation. You still bring in the contract, but they are very critical. Everytime you do something, they read over it to look for grammar errors. They get nitpicky with how you write your reports. You're good at your job, you get the job done. You do it better than anybody in your office, but you get nitpicked to death by the same people who say.. Hey buddy, you're our guy. BTW, they don't even open Texas Holdem's or the 2-diamond guys report. Rarely do they look through anything they write... But you... oh, your work is reviewed by every board member.

How would you feel?

Holy crap....I'm that guy!

Imagine if I came to work and the people who paid my salary didn't like me doing something, but I did it anyway, even working hard while doing it. Would they be wrong to be upset with me? Because essentially the fans are paying Smoove's salary and they're educated enough to know the shots he shouldn't be taking and yet he takes them to spite them it seems.

If he's really asked to be traded 4 times now then screw him, hope the door doesn't hit him in the *ss on the way out.

I agree man. Work as hard as he wants, if he still puts up jumpers like there is no tomorrow after 7 years of people telling him it is not in the teams best interest what does he expect? To be embraced for being a num nuts? We like comedy but not when watching our NBA team.

If Al did that for 7 years, shooting a career under .300% from the 3pt line, he would be getting bashed just as much....

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

How would you feel?

Except Josh is this guy, He's all that you stated, but the employee you describe has some bad habits. Like once a day he'll go in the Janitor's closet and start waxing the floor right before lunch. The Janitor and the CEO have both told him this isn't his job. He'd be more productive at his desk looking over those reports. Besides the Janitor is new to this position and needs to learn how to handle his resposibilities. This same employee has another horrible habit. He cold calls clients for subpar investments that have a small chance of being profitable. He does it in the morning. He does it at night. Yes, sometimes he gets lucky and hits 3 out of 10, but he's really not the guy to be doing this. So the clients are all upset and the companies ratings take a beating.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Except Josh is this guy, He's all that you stated, but the employee you describe has some bad habits. Like once a day he'll go in the Janitor's closet and start waxing the floor right before lunch. The Janitor and the CEO have both told him this isn't his job. He'd be more productive at his desk looking over those reports. Besides the Janitor is new to this position and needs to learn how to handle his resposibilities. This same employee has another horrible habit. He cold calls clients for subpar investments that have a small chance of being profitable. He does it in the morning. He does it at night. Yes, sometimes he gets lucky and hits 3 out of 10, but he's really not the guy to be doing this. So the clients are all upset and the companies ratings take a beating.

Good point SOA but at the same time... nobody in the office can produce like this guy.

Truth is... we can find another experienced Janitor.

We can also get another supervisor who can work with him on not cold calling the clients. Our last supervisor was able to get him to stop one year.

However, this employee's just explained how he feels. You're giving more reason to continue to criticize him. If criticizing him at every step makes him feel unwanted at our small company, you have to decide is it best to keep up this practice or do we want him terminated or transferred? i.e. We shouldn't keep him for the benefits he brings and at the same time be so very critical about the way he brings it.

I think Col. Jessup said it best " I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way"

The other day, i talked about the pass that Marvin and Al gets from the media and the messageboards... and what was said back was.. we've come to expect NOTHING from Marvin and nobody would dare say 1 bad thing about Tito's boy because he's so well liked.

Well, some of the things we get from Josh is things that we've come to expect... Why is there always this backlash against a guy who is the heart of this team?

• Premium Member

You got me lolling with the janitor analogy. That was great! clap.gif

The janitor can be as hard working as he wants but if he is cleaning at the wrong time of the day and disrupting business, it's no good to anyone.