• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavs still trying to get Marvin

Eddielives

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012/03/10/sports/nh5215878.txt

Sorry if this has already been posted. They mention the scenario of Josh and Marvin for Jamison and Sessions. Sorry but Josh for Jamison is not a good deal to me unless it's the best we can do considering Josh wants out. Throw in Cleveland's first round pick this year and I'd be fine with it.

http://news-herald.c...s/nh5215878.txt

Sorry if this has already been posted. They mention the scenario of Josh and Marvin for Jamison and Sessions. Sorry but Josh for Jamison is not a good deal to me unless it's the best we can do considering Josh wants out. Throw in Cleveland's first round pick this year and I'd be fine with it.

Jamison for Smoove is a no go. But I am all in like you if they throw in that first. Maybe even if we swap first and get their second as well. I like Marvin for Sessions if we are not going after/cannot get Dwight.

If we move for Dwight, Marvin will either go to Orlando or we will need him to make up for the lost depth.

• Premium Member

I think the trade deadline really could be busy if Dwight is traded early. If this Dwight thing drags to the lhe last hr of the deadline im afraid the big deals wont go through. I dont think the Hawks will trade Marvin for Sessions, I might be wrong but Marvin is big and plays good defense. The asg really values their players. I think Hinrich could be traded in a smaller deal.

They seem to have a chance at the playoffs so the trade would help them along those lines but then it would lessen the value of their pick. Even adding their owed Miami pick wouldn't make up the difference unless we had a GM competent enough to turn 3 1st rounders and cap into great value.

• Premium Member

I think the trade deadline really could be busy if Dwight is traded early. If this Dwight thing drags to the lhe last hr of the deadline im afraid the big deals wont go through. I dont think the Hawks will trade Marvin for Sessions, I might be wrong but Marvin is big and plays good defense. The asg really values their players. I think Hinrich could be traded in a smaller deal.

Trading Marvin for Sessions imo is an absolute no brainer. But of course, the ASG has to think about it.

I don't know who is manufacturing these trade ideas that simply make no sense... Smoove and Marvin for Jamison and Sessions!

C'mon, how about Kobe and Gasol for Blatche and McGhee!?thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Huh??? Kobe & Gasol salaries are probably 10x what Blatche & McGhee make. How do you pull that one off under the cap?

Edited by Watchman

Huh??? Kobe & Gasol salaries are probably 10x what Blatche & McGhee make. How do you pull that one off under the cap?

He was just comparing the similarity of the level of talent difference between Kobe/Gasol & Blatche/McGee as being comparable to that of Josh/Marvin & Jamison(at this point in his career)/Sessions. Of course that's quite a bit of a stretch but I understood the point he was trying to make.

• Like 1

He was just comparing the similarity of the level of talent difference between Kobe/Gasol & Blatche/McGee as being comparable to that of Josh/Marvin & Jamison(at this point in his career)/Sessions. Of course that's quite a bit of a stretch but I understood the point he was trying to make.

I got it to. But then this crossed my mind, what if they threw in Wall?

Edited by Buzzard

Thank you!

It seems that we often undervaluate our players.

For instance, even though Marvin didn't live up to the expectations of 2nd overall draft pick, he's still a starter who provides good D, size for SF position and decent offensive talent...

Thank you!

It seems that we often undervaluate our players.

For instance, even though Marvin didn't live up to the expectations of 2nd overall draft pick, he's still a starter who provides good D, size for SF position and decent offensive talent...

I'd love to agree with you re: Marvin but I'm afraid I'd get accused of defending him. Unfortunately around here you're only allowed to defend Josh Smith and people act as if you have a vendetta if you find reasons to defend or criticize EVERY player on the roster.

I'd love to agree with you re: Marvin but I'm afraid I'd get accused of defending him. Unfortunately around here you're only allowed to defend Josh Smith and people act as if you have a vendetta if you find reasons to defend or criticize EVERY player on the roster.

I'm okay with defending Marvin. Just as long as people don't hold Marvin to the draft selection. Marvin is an 8 million dollar player. Are you getting 8 million value compared to the rest of the roster. IE, if Horford is 12 million, Josh is 13 million, is Marvin 8. Comparing to Joe's contract isn't fair but compare him to our team and other 8 million dollar players out there. Kirk is an 8 million player, but Zaza is 5.5 million.

If you compare him to Zaza, no we aren't getting value. Compare him to Kirk, we are. Compare him to a healthy Al, no we aren't getting value. compared to Josh, uh...no. Compared to say Paul Milsap....definately not as Milsap makes the same and produces a little less than Josh. However Devin Harris makes slightly more and produces less. Marvin is a very average 8 million dollar player, a solid value but not a good value.

Marvin for Sessions straight up is a no-brainer for us. Cleveland can easily absorb the difference in contracts. Sessions' deal is between $4-5 million and is a year shorter than Marvin's. Sessions would be easier to move again later on. As far as Josh Smith being added? We would have to get a top 5 pick and have a particular player that we are targeting. I do not know the incoming class well enough to know of a player of Smith's caliber. It seems like the drafts are getting weaker and weaker.

Marvin for Sessions straight up is a no-brainer for us. Cleveland can easily absorb the difference in contracts. Sessions' deal is between $4-5 million and is a year shorter than Marvin's. Sessions would be easier to move again later on. As far as Josh Smith being added? We would have to get a top 5 pick and have a particular player that we are targeting. I do not know the incoming class well enough to know of a player of Smith's caliber. It seems like the drafts are getting weaker and weaker.

This is being speculated as one of the deepest draft classes the past decade. But you know, we still have our ownership making the picks lmao.

I wouldn't trade Josh Smith to Cleveland till they get a top 5 pick in the draft which is after the season. Trading him and hoping they get one is stupid as hell.

I wouldn't trade Josh Smith to Cleveland till they get a top 5 pick in the draft which is after the season. Trading him and hoping they get one is stupid as hell.

It is only stupid if you think Sessions and Jamison have no value either. This is not Josh straight up for pick 5, this is Jameson, I think he is a 14 million expiring and a chance at pick 5 for Josh, maybe even better than pick 5. I am a gambler at heart so I like the risk.

It's a terrible gamble, Cleveland is one game out of the playoffs right now. You will never be placing bets for me. If this was to New Orleans, I still wouldn't like my chances.

It is only stupid if you think Sessions and Jamison have no value either. This is not Josh straight up for pick 5, this is Jameson, I think he is a 14 million expiring and a chance at pick 5 for Josh, maybe even better than pick 5. I am a gambler at heart so I like the risk.

14 million expiring won't help after the trade deadline and won't help next year since it won't get us under the cap.