• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dumb Ole Smoove is Back!

JackB1

just when you think Josh has turned it around, he's back to his low IQ self....shooting 3s at the worst possible times...dribbling the ball up ignoring his guard's...not playing down low...etc.Josh still believes he will make those 3's. It doesn't matter to him that he misses 3 out of 4.

• Premium Member

Josh was atrocious. I can not bump for dude after that garbage game. Very arrogant game on his part. LD should have sat him when he continually brought the ball up rather than giving it to a guard.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

But why does it have to be a dumb game by Josh? How about we just file this one away as a bad game sandwiched in between a bunch of good ones?

lol jumped off the bandwagon and it only took 2 bad games where he still damn nearly had triple-doubles in both. He had one turnover but you're mad at him because he brought the ball up court. It's so funny how no one seems to notice that JUMPER has gotten much better. Hell, the 3 games before these 2 bad games, he was 6-11 from the 3pt line.

If you want to worry about anyone... trying looking at your PG. Last 5 games = .390 FG%, .211 3pt% 4.4 ast.... smh

A game this close with all the injuries I'm not blaming anyone. All I see at this point is this is becoming a pretty damn good team. Just wait until the guys get healthy. I hope they stay. Posted Image

• Like 2

OK, Ok, ok...so Josh missed a bunch of shots tonight. Who else was going to shoot them?

The Celtics knew we were so far down on shooters due to injuries that they just doubled JJ immediately every time. Jeff doesn't have a "high release" jumpshot so he can't get a normal shot off against Rondo. Kirk hit a couple but also missed a bunch. Our wing shooters (Marvin and Vlad) were out...our recent ace-in-the hole three guy (Pargo) - out....what are you gonna do?

We kept passing the ball - slow guy covered - to slow guy covered - to slow guy covered. Then we made risky passes and turned the ball over. Alas....Posted Image

• Premium Member

The problem is not how many shots he takes. It's from where and when he chooses to take them. 3-15, 5-20... At this rate, I would very much prefer Zaza take those shots. Or Teague. Or Kirk. T-Mac. Stack. Hell, everyone besides JaCo and Dampier.

Why was he bringing the ball up the floor. Because he had been the one who grabbed the rebound. It was his ball and he wasn't about to give it up.Josh is good. Josh is over confident in his abilities. He knows that he'sa super star, should have been an all star and is underpaid when you considerwhat the Hawks pay JJ. What NBA player do you know that will admit, "I did something wrong and it cost us the game?" No one that I know of. Josh is no different. Who's mangot wide open for a three to end the 3rd quarter with only a short breath of timeleft on the clock?Who played only briefly while Zaza was out and managed to take, and miss,four free throws? That's four points and we lost by three.Who hit the slam dunk for two points, then gave one point back with a tech?That gained us one point and took all the air out of our "feel good" play he just made.Who was bottled up and couldn't score for several minutes? How long, to startthe game, before JJ scratched? Didn't he look bad early? He was great late inthe game, but where was this in the early going? Remember when the Celticstook the ball away from JJ and scored late in the game?Why did Captain Kirk pass up several open shots from long range, only to tryto drive inside and lose the ball? So many things went wrong. Some, we goofed and some was forced upon usby our experienced opponent. There was enough blame to go around. Don'ttry to pile it all on one individual.****************************************************************************************************

Sounds good in theory Gray Mule, but if there are any stars on this team it's Josh and Joe, so if they play bad, shoot bad, miss big FTs or big shots and the team lose they will get blame. By the same token, when they are carrying us like Josh and Joe have, their teammates need to find them and get them the ball and get hell out of the way.

Agreed, Josh played horrible last night. He was taking ill advised shots and was pouting most of the game. KG crushed him on offense because Josh was so slack defensively. Maybe he was just worn out, they did play 3 games in a row. For some reason, it seems that whenever we play Boston he tried to take outside jumpers and doesnt play his game.

1. For those who say take the bad with the good - no thank, too many bad things.2. For those saying his shooting % from 3 has improved - fools gold3. Live by the jumpshot you also die by it4. I want my PF on the blocks not shooting long 2's and 3pts unless you are named Dirk N. or Kevin L.

This is the same Josh we have been seeing the last six weeks. Only difference is Smoove was bound to start doing this. He is not a primary scoring option because he can put together two or three games in a row under dbl digits.Superstars don't do that crap. Old as dirt Kobe Bryant has not had one game this season under 10pts and one in which he scored exactly 10...Lakers won that game BTW.I would give three Josh Smith's for one Kobe in his prime. Josh is not and never will be a superstar. Period end of story.

Edited by Buzzard

But why does it have to be a dumb game by Josh? How about we just file this one away as a bad game sandwiched in between a bunch of good ones?

Because this is Josh. We expect this from him. It seems like the rest of the league and most people who write about basketball for a living (aside from hawks fans) expect this kind of game from him way more often than you should expect from a "superstar". (Speaking of which, when has a superstar in any sport ever not even been an all-star?)

I was waiting for this topic from you. One bad game and you're already posting about it. No wonder why you didn't post for the last few months. Hmm.... wonder why?

Actually that's 2 bad [shooting] games in a row. But he doesn't deserve to be skewered over the coals after all of the great games he had. I love Josh but I will say that in no way is Josh a superstar, hell he's not even an actual all-star. We don't have any superstars on our team and haven't had one since Nique with the possible exception being Deke. Josh just needs to realize that he's got to stop shooting from outside when they're not going in and he'll be fine.