• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Wizards

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Like the Hawks yesterday, the Wizards are embarking tonight on a three-day tour, heading to Boston immediately after this evening’s contest to endure the Celtics on Sunday, then returning home for a tank battle with Detroit on Monday night. Tonight’s matchup is also the Wiz’s third in four days, the last one a wrenching, tank-errific home loss to the Pacers that saw Washington slowly erode a first-half 22-point lead and cough up the game in the final minutes. John Wall would-be-#SCTop10 basket to win the game was shot just a split-second too late.The Hawks get back-to-back nights of the league’s two biggest turnover generators, as Deron Williams and John Wall are the only players churning out 4 gaffes per night. Last night proved unfruitful for the Hawks, as D-Will managed 8 assists and only one turnover, so they need to get the pressure back on and score points off the turnovers when the opportunities arise. Wall belched out a season-high 9 turnovers against the Hawks on March 16.It’s our first game against Nene now that he’s a Wizard. Copying lazily from my last preview:

For the rest of the season, watch for John Wall’s assists and scoring to go up a notch. He’ll soon get a center that makes more assisted shots at the rim than the guy they shipped out, JaVale McGee. Nene is also more of an option from 10 feet out, giving Wall more options when he drives into the paint looking for a kickout. With Nene they’re getting a much better passer, specifically for assists at the rim, a place where guards like Wall live.Where the dropoff will be greatest for D.C. will be in offensive rebounding. The Wizards give up their top offensive rebounder (plus Rony Turiaf) and will get in return a center who is not even in the top 100 in offensive rebounding rates, turning in the lowest such rate of his career thus far. To be fair, the depth the Nuggets have on the frontline plus their high two-point field goal percentage thin out opportunities to crash the boards, but even so, Nene’s “rate” is subpar.

Nene followed up a season-high 4-offensive-rebound game in the win at New Jersey with a single-offensive-rebound effort over the same number of minutes the following night, in the loss to Indiana.John Wall's scoring has not gone up as I predicted, but guess whose scoring has? After a dud against the Hawks last week, He Whose Name has gone on a bit of an offensive tear. He’s averaged 22 PPG in the Wizards’ last three games while shooting an un-Mentionable 49% from the field, 63% inside the arc. Drawing contact and getting to the line is helping him utilize his decent free throw shooting and boosting his offensive output.Here’s hoping Trevor Booker is not perusing through his Daniel Day-Lewis DVD collection, as he needs as few reminders as possible about his left foot. He’s continued to play for months while suffering from plantar fasciitis, with the aggravation only continuing to grow in recent days. It may well be hampering the starting power forward’s production of late, scoring just 20 total points over his last three games after dropping 18 points and 9 boards at Philips Arena last week. If they’re interested in winning any of these games, the Wizards can’t afford to wear out Booker, certainly not with Rashad Lewis and Andray Blatche decidedly out of commission. Coach Wittman may move Kevin Seraphin, who performed well against Atlanta (4 blocks) back to the starting lineup and allow Nene to play his preferred power forward role. There may be a Brian Cook sighting as well.Alternatively, Wittman may go with a more undersized approach by sliding Dunwoody High’s Chris Singleton to the power forward and bringing in “Mr. Corner Three” Mo Evans to play swingman, bringing in size with Jan Vesely and Seraphin as needed. Wave hello to Edwin Ubiles, a wing who was lighting it up for a whole other set of Wizards – Dakota’s of the D-League – before getting a 10-day call-up last week. He’s been getting the call off the bench in the last couple days in lieu of Evans.We made do without Marvin and Willie Green for last week’s game, so having both back gives the Hawks a little flexibility even without Zaza Pachulia, Jannero Pargo and Vladimir Radmanovic. Jason Collins and Erick Dampier also did not play at the time.One more bit of lazy copying on my part:

The Hawks will want to keep the ticky-tack fouls to a minimum, as the Wizards have the league’s highest percentage of And-1 baskets. Wall, Booker, and Vesely are their most successful in this area.

Go Hawks!~lw3

• Moderators

Is Zaza gonna play?

Just trolling the twitterati (lousy source but still) and the latest I see is he is "questionable" along with Vlad and his bad back. Unless it changes to probable I'm guessing he won't play tonight.~lw3

I hate to say, "I told you so" but, after our last game againstthese guys, I said, "Watch out for Washington in the future.Why? Nene.We have no answer for "He who must not be named" as hescores and scores and scores.Hopefully, Hawks will mount a big comeback in the second half.If they win this one, they must.GO HAWKS!

I hate to say, "I told you so" but, after our last game againstthese guys, I said, "Watch out for Washington in the future.Why? Nene.We have no answer for "He who must not be named" as hescores and scores and scores.Hopefully, Hawks will mount a big comeback in the second half.If they win this one, they must.GO HAWKS!

Lol, this will never happen. This team isn't built to win. They have no heart, and horrible coaching. We are going to quickly slip to a .500 team in the next two weeks. Just watch.

• Premium Member

Lol, this will never happen. This team isn't built to win. They have no heart, and horrible coaching. We are going to quickly slip to a .500 team in the next two weeks. Just watch.

Someone should feel a little silly right about now.

Something tells me this guys been here before....he's to funny to be a newcomer

I am pleased with the win. Every win going forward is important. For those who say it's a game against a bad team so what - games like these in the past we would have no shot at winning, we would just fold and go home. We are seeing some fight in this team.

On another note Joe has been worth every cent of his contract in winning time lately. Its crazy how clutch this dude has been, I mean to keep coming alive like that in crunch time is what real superstars do, now I'm not calling Joe a superstar but if he keeps this crap up he will be in that conversation real soon

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'd still love to know who we're stashing Damp away for... JaCo's statline looks like the opening song for Tom Joyner's Morning Show. "0-0-0..."So good to have Marvin and Ivan back.We got the rebounding edge back just in time late and it made all the difference. Is that Kirky Kirk I see with 7 boards?Is there a shot chart a-coming for The Volume Shooter That Can't Shoot?Speaking of which, His Name Should Not Be Mentioned, but thank you and Chris Singleton for jacking up all those threes (2-for-12) tonight! Saved our bird bacon!~lw3

• Premium Member

Never say never when you have Joe Johnson on your team.