• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ hate

arhawkfan

Let me revisit...when Joe said "I hate yall too" to the fans... or something like that.

It was before that. Many people started hating Joe when he struggled against the Heat and Cavs in the 09 playoffs. Since then others have joined and by the time Joe said what he said those that still liked him at that point didn't allow that to sway them while the ones that already hated him continued to hate him.

I can go back and find you countless Joe hate posts from before he signed his contract and I'd venture to say that by and large the same number that hated him then still hate him now and vice versa for the people that liked Joe.

True. I thought his first contract of 70 was a little excessive, so the 120 a few weeks before Durant got 85 blew my mind. My first post in '09 was a referendum on how big Joe is (Melo, Pierce size) yet how poorly he uses his body inside, as evidenced by Paul posting double digits in rebounds and free throw attempts last night and Joe not getting close. I just slowed up on the bashing because everyone here knows I never cared for the guy and he isn't all of a sudden gonna become a dog of a competitor who can run and jump. Were stuck until he's amnestied or his contract's done. I've accepted it. I'm just glad I'm not Michael Gearon and his crew. They will have invested over $200 mil on a guy who doesn't sell any merchandise, attract fans, or command national attention. Nice business move.

Somebody was going to sign joe for that money. We had the choice of overpaying him and being relevant or going back to the lottery and drafting the next marvin or shelden.I still think head coach is our biggest issue. Imagine what doug collins could have done with this team.

• Premium Member

Somebody was going to sign joe for that money. We had the choice of overpaying him and being relevant or going back to the lottery and drafting the next marvin or shelden.I still think head coach is our biggest issue. Imagine what doug collins could have done with this team.

I could be wrong, but I don't think other teams could offer Joe 123 million. I think the most they could have offered is in the 90 million range provided they had the cap space. The Hawks had no reason to go all the way to 123 million. Joe's not a bad player, but if you're honest, with the type of ownership the Hawks have, that was a terrible decision because it was short-sighted, not taking into account the other resources needed to improve the team.Say the Hawks offered a deal in the 90 million range and Joe left? We all want to say the Hawks would have been a lottery team, but we don't know that to be absolutely true. If anything, his contract may be scaring off potential buyers because they know they would have to shell out ALOT more money just to improve the team because that contract is an albatross.