• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ hate

arhawkfan

Probably because PP took him to the woodshed.

JJ shouldn't be guarding PP as that's a mismatch putting a big SG on a big SF. JJ deserves a little hate for a few of the dumb shots he took late, but otherwise he had a pretty good game offensively shooting 50% from 2 and 3 until late in the game when he got desperate. Still no excuse though as we need a lot more from our highest paid player.

123milliondollars

Ok I have a serious question. First I will say I am a JJ fan. Why is everyone bling him for tonights loss? He played a solid game. Not great but not terrible. I just don't get it.

To put it simply, look at what Pierce did and Joe played a big part in letting him do that. The chips were down for Boston, no Allen, no Rondo, down 1 game in the series and he didn't just show up with a solid game. I don't care about the contract, I don't care about supposed "mismatchs", all I care is that Pierce had a command performance and Joe was right across from him watching it as he happened. Damn near 20 years ago and people still talk about Nique going up against Bird even though it was in a losing series, why? Because he went down swinging and not vacilating between taking over and taking a backseat before having to force things only when it was near over.

• Premium Member

Joe had a good game. Blaming him because 2/3 of our starting front court are now injured is illogical. Yes, Joe could have done a better job on Pierce but you have to give other players their due as well. Pierce was flat out making big shots. He's made a career of doing that in case you missed the previous 14 years of his career.

Joe had a good game. Blaming him because 2/3 of our starting front court are now injured is illogical. Yes, Joe could have done a better job on Pierce but you have to give other players their due as well. Pierce was flat out making big shots. He's made a career of doing that in case you missed the previous 14 years of his career.

See that's a big problem and cop out from Joe lovers. What if Pierce had said f*** it, 2/3rds of the starting backcourt are injured/suspended so good enough will be just fine because I can't bare blamed for a loss?.......The Hawks would be going up to Boston 2-0. Last I checked Joe has made a career out of making big shots and you constantly like shoving "6 time all star!" down peoples' throats so where did all that go tonight? Edited by MaceCase

Joe was shooting close to 50% from 2 and 3 and had some nice assists going as well until the last couple of minutes when he got desperate so it's not like he was having a bad game, he just didn't have a damned near career game like Pierce had. Pierce stepped up and willed his team to a win and Joe failed to do that.

Joe was shooting close to 50% from 2 and 3 and had some nice assists going as well until the last couple of minutes when he got desperate so it's not like he was having a bad game, he just didn't have a damned near career game like Pierce had. Pierce stepped up and willed his team to a win and Joe failed to do that.

A 35 year old hobbled and overweight PP at that.But that's why PP will be a HOF and Joe Johnson will be the worst 6 time all star of all time. Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

See that's a big problem and cop out from Joe lovers. What if Pierce had said f*** it, 2/3rds of the starting backcourt are injured/suspended so good enough will be just fine because I can't bare blamed for a loss?.......The Hawks would be going up to Boston 2-0. Last I checked Joe has made a career out of making big shots and you constantly like shoving "6 time all star!" down peoples' throats so where did all that go tonight?

Uh did you watch the game? Joe finished with 22/4/5 on good shooting. It wasn't until the end that his FG% went below 50%. What would you rather have, Joe lob up a 8-21 night instead?

A 35 year old hobbled and overweight PP at that.But that's why PP will be a HOF and Joe Johnson will be the worst 6 time all star of all time.

PP didn't look all that hobbled or overweight tonight and he had no problem getting up and dunking in transition. Pierce has always been and probably always will be the better player, but they're not miles apart.

Uh did you watch the game? Joe finished with 22/4/5 on good shooting. It wasn't until the end that his FG% went below 50%. What would you rather have, Joe lob up a 8-21 night instead?

See....he had good shooting on low attempts so you're satisfied with him picking his spots within the flow of the offense up until the moment demands it and then....what did he do? Pierce had 26 attempts to go along with 13 FTs so we can just place him at around 30 attempts for Boston to win. Joe? No, preserve that precious field goal percentage rather than force the defense to adjust to him all game, that there is just asking too much of a 6 time all star in a crucial playoff game.

PP didn't look all that hobbled or overweight tonight and he had no problem getting up and dunking in transition. Pierce has always been and probably always will be the better player, but they're not miles apart.

Almost every time I've seen him the last year or so he looks like he struggles to move and get down the floor. He looked that way in game 1 also.They're miles apart. Paul is better in nearly every part of the game and he came through when his team needed him Joe hasn't. Paul can get it done against the best. Joe doesn't.

22/4/5 is not all that impressive given Joe's role and all.