• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe unhappy with limited number of shots

Joker

What's funny is that Josh is shooting a better % than Joe, but yet is contributing in other parts of the game unlike Joe.He's leading all NBA players in rebounding during the playoffs, not to mention he puts up blocks and assist too. Joe on the other hand has a shittier fg% than Josh, but yet doesn't even contribute at any other part of the game. Defense? Um..

Joe isn't guarding Pierce? Holding him to 4% under his FG% from the season, and before last game, 10% under? Joe doesn't have more steals than Josh in the series? Josh only has 3 blocks and 1 steal in the series. Neither player is playing well, at least Joe is taking shots that we want him to take. I would much rather Joe take an open 3 than Josh take an open 20 footer. Joe has played good defense this series, I don't see how you can avoid that? If Pierce didn't get so many foul calls in games 2 or 3, it may be a different series.Joe's shot selection is fine, Josh's isn't. Pick your poison. Do you get mad at Joe for missing shots he normally makes, or Josh for taking shots he normally misses?
  • Like 2

And making 3 FT's a game is amazing. We are simply asking too much out of Joe.

Josh is shooting 5 free throws per game. Joe is shooting 5.25 free throws per game. Josh should be getting to the line more, shouldn't he? How can you criticize Joe for his lack of FTs without criticizing Josh? (sorry if you aren't criticizing Joe, hard to understand some of the aims of a few posts in this thread).
  • Like 1

Joe's problem is that he is to undecided when he gets the ball. If he get the ball and attack or shoot, it would be one thing. But this guy just gets the ball and dribbles the entire shot clock out and we end up with a terrible possession.

^ What the Tonegully dude saidJosh is a better player than joe even though Joe is a better shooter. and none of the 2 are 1st option guys. More like 2nd, 3rd at worst on championship teams. Back on topic, If Joe wants more shots IM ALL FOR IT! If it means he dribbling the ball for 15 seconds while every stands around than no I'm against it.Another thread that turned into a Josh vs (insert any player). Hawksquawk is getting real annoying with this.

Edited by PureGreatness

"Joe is our main guy," Horford said. "We go to him. He has to get us going offensively so he needs to go out there and be an enforcer and make his presence felt. I don't think my shots or Erick Dampier's shots are affecting him. I think Joe needs to be aggressive. He needs to go out there and score the ball. That's when we are at our best, when he does that."Captain Al drops bombs, telling the truth. Joe needs to get off his azz a play.

Edited by Swatguy

"Joe is our main guy," Horford said. " I don't think my shots or Erick Dampier's shots are affecting him. "Captain Al drops bombs, telling the truth. Joe needs to get off his azz a play.

I wonder why Horford only mentioned him and Damps shots? I think maybe there is a hidden barb going Josh's way to take a chill pill on all those bad jumpers. It has to be frustrating and really wearing to be a teammate of Josh's. Look at how frustrating it is for us and we are only fans....
  • Like 2

I wonder why Horford only mentioned him and Damps shots? I think maybe there is a hidden barb going Josh's way to take a chill pill on all those bad jumpers.

I didn't read it that way at first but it makes sense after you pointed it out. It has to be frustrating for the other guys to watch.

I didn't read it that way at first but it makes sense after you pointed it out. It has to be frustrating for the other guys to watch.

Yea, a good teammate does not want to throw someone directly under the bus. But damn, all these years of playing with Josh and he still has not figured out he is a piss poor offensive threat outside of 6ft.

Josh is shooting 5 free throws per game. Joe is shooting 5.25 free throws per game. Josh should be getting to the line more, shouldn't he? How can you criticize Joe for his lack of FTs without criticizing Josh? (sorry if you aren't criticizing Joe, hard to understand some of the aims of a few posts in this thread).

I said in a previous post that they both should be getting to the line more. My point being this team avoids contact.

"Joe is our main guy," Horford said. "We go to him. He has to get us going offensively so he needs to go out there and be an enforcer and make his presence felt. I don't think my shots or Erick Dampier's shots are affecting him. I think Joe needs to be aggressive. He needs to go out there and score the ball. That's when we are at our best, when he does that."Captain Al drops bombs, telling the truth. Joe needs to get off his azz a play.

So Drew and Al both say that Joe needs to be aggressive. I haven't been on this board long but I have been saying that all year. Edited by NiquesBiggestFan

• Moderators

I said in a previous post that they both should be getting to the line more. My point being this team avoids contact.

Can't argue that for anyone. The only person who generates contact when he is going is Marvin and he only gets going once in a blue moon.

come back and holler at me when josh has 30 pts. and 18 rebounds, hell horf doesnt even do that. sometimes josh is the only one that is hitting his jumpers. sometimes he is the one hitting the 3 pointers. sometimes his jumpers brake up a scoring drought. now i am as upset with his basketball iq just like everybody else.but clearly the most disapointing is joe.their is too many times doing the game i hear domonique say, we gotto get joe going and he has 3 pts. at halftime.we got to wait till 3 minutes left in the 4th before he warms up..

So Drew and Al both say that Joe needs to be aggressive. I haven't been on this board long but I have been saying that all year.

Drew ALSO said that the other guys need to realize that if it's been 1-2 possessions and Joe hasn't gotten a shot that they need to make the extra pass to get him the ball.

http://blogs.ajc.com...fid=blogs_hawksMC goes in on Joe. Wonder what prompted this?

Nice to have a running tally of quotes to be able to truly appreciate how nothing changes around here. We'll see if this is just lip service about getting Joe the ball. IMO if we have any shot at winning we need Joe to shoot 20+ times at least and do it efficiently.

Nice to have a running tally of quotes to be able to truly appreciate how nothing changes around here. We'll see if this is just lip service about getting Joe the ball. IMO if we have any shot at winning we need Joe to shoot 20+ times at least and do it efficiently.

Do you think its an expectation thing? Does Drew ever say look Josh I need x amount of this from you or I'm taking you out. Does he ever approach Joe and say give me 6 pts a qtr or I have to see what the other guys have going. Does tell Marvin what he wants from him? Or is it all passive aggressive pleading for energy or make a play etc. How accountable is our team to the coach?