• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We still haven't played a good game

arhawkfan

• Premium Member

You quite right. Just imagine if Joe were playing well and we shot 50% from the floor? We'd run these guys out of the building. It would be so nice if we had a point guard like Rondo to keep this offense from stagnating so much.

I think the C's have got Joe's number for the most part. If he doesn't go quick, or move that ball when the "wall" comes...our offense sputters.

Like Al said at the end of the game, "it was finally time for things to go our way," the Celtics have played unbelievable well this entire series, finally tonight Pierce and Garnett weren't playing like they're 25 years old, even though Rondo continues to shoot like Ray Allen. Game 6 is going to be tough in Boston, but hopefully they can go in there and finally have a good game as a team and silence that Boston crowd.

• Premium Member

I think the C's have got Joe's number for the most part. If he doesn't go quick, or move that ball when the "wall" comes...our offense sputters.

The Wall comes at Halfcourt. The double starts shading Joe as soon as he crosses Halfcourt. When he gets the ball, they draw closer.LD needs to run the offense through Teague.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The Wall comes at Halfcourt. The double starts shading Joe as soon as he crosses Halfcourt. When he gets the ball, they draw closer.LD needs to run the offense through Teague.

I agree.... They're not going to let Joe beat us. They figured that out in '08. It was just...back then, we didn't have anybody else that could hit a shot. Before the season started, the ONLY thing I was looking forward to was Jeff Teague and his ability to get into the lane. We need that badly. Not just for breaking down the defense and getting others involved, but for Teague himself. Other than Joe, he's the guy I like to see with the ball in his hands.I dare say though that...while I don't think we can win 3 in a row against this team.........if we can win the next one in Boston, anything is possible. I just get that feeling that we're getting ready to lay an egg.....

You quite right. Just imagine if Joe were playing well and we shot 50% from the floor? We'd run these guys out of the building. It would be so nice if we had a point guard like Rondo to keep this offense from stagnating so much.

Shooting 50% from floor is like asking for a miracle when your starting power forward is shooting .370 from the floor. I cannot wait until we trade our Allen Inverson wannabe power forward and get Horford in place were he needs to be.Boston's D has a lot to do with how we shoot but we won and that is all that matters...