• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Antonio Davis vs. Theo???

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was just pondering a trade. A beautiful trade. A trade that might fix some of our Chemistry problems?

Hear me out...

Theo/CC/DD to Dallas

Jamison/Najera to Toronto

Antonio Davis, Mo Pete, Filler to Atlanta.

The only question is, does Davis help us more than Theo would?

My answer is YES. I think Davis gives us a better rebounder and when you pair that with Nazr, we will rule on the boards. Davis also plays bigger than Theo which would be a help to SAR.

The other question is who has more ability, Mo Pete or Dion?

For if it's Mo Pete, we place Peterson at Sf and Move Jackson to the SG spot. Otherwise, we keep it like it is. Either way, our Bench becomes much more stronger.

So what do you think.... Theo or Davis?

• Admin

Mo pete is good. But Jamison fits our needs better, on several fronts. He can score and he's going to bring more "name brand attention" to the team than Mo pete ever would.

Though it'd be cool to have Mo Pete here, cuz i'd probably get quite a few of his free tickets.....

• Premium Member

Well,

AD has 3 years left on his contract. 12m, 12m, and 13m.

Mo Pete Played in 82 games last season.

AD missed 30 games.

Mo Pete averaged 14 points 4.5 rebs.

AD averaged 14 points, 8.2 rebs.

All in all at the cost of Theo, CC, DD I think it's a good deal.

Mo Pete gives us good depth weather he plays SF and Jackson goes to SG or he comes off the bench.

Why are you guys so hellbent on replacing Dion Glover? When giving the opportunity last season he played very well. So far this preseason I don't see a reason to replace him, especially with Mo Pete. As far as AD, I would rather keep Theo over him. AD averaged more points, because he was the 2nd or 3rd option, while Theo has been the 4th option since he arrived.

Another thing, why are you guys so big on Nazr. When he started in 2001-02, his rebounding numbers were very similar to Theo, and he is not even close when it comes to defense, mainly blocking shots. One more thing, who in the heck wants Dan Dickau and Chris Crawford? Heck nobody wants our dead weight.

TROUBLEMAN

• Premium Member

That's the stipulation...

if You take our good c, you get our dead weight.

I wouldn't put it past Cuban. He'll take our dead weight and buy them out in order to get Theo... Look at what he would have:

Theo/Walker/Dirk/Finley/Nash... That's scary.

If all they lose for that is Jamison, what have they lost??

I wanna see how our team will perform up until the trade deadline. If we stink as bad as everyone thinks we will,we should make a trade,but right now I wanna see how our team will play. Antonio Davis is a scrub anyway,we would gain rebounding & maybe a little more Offense. But we really won't need offense if Jackson & Glove contribute 12-14 a game a piece. If we trade Theo we'd lose defense which was our weakest point last year.

~Peace

First of all.......This trade will never happen!!!

Secondly, no official person of the organization has remotely hinted to any trade like this.

In the future can we continue to put this fantasy trade talk on Trade Central and Not Homecourt. There is more fantasy trade talk on this forum than the Trade Central Forum.

What is the purpose of the Trade Central Forum?

• Premium Member

Which is better:

Dirk/Walker/Jamison/Finley/Nash..

Or

Theo/Dirk/Walker/Finley/Nash.

All they lose is Jamison and they get a quality C... ONe that Cuban has wanted for a long time.

All those hands stretched out wanting the ball is going to do NOTHING to help Dallas beat LAL, Minn, and SA either.

• Premium Member

I would negotiate a contract with Pete. Sure would.

If you think about it, we get new owners with More money.

If Pete keeps up his play, he will be a 14.5/4.5/3.1 player at Sf. To me that's worth about 3 year 16 million.

If he wants more let him ride.

If he doesn't, isn't it true that JT's Contract is frontloaded on the first year. That would mean that his contract goes down in price the second year significantly. Maybe as much to the tune of 3 million. IF that is so, we'd still have the money to pay Pete.

I'd think he was worth it from a depth standpoint anyway.

• Premium Member

How do you know what our management is considering?

The AJC is talking about how Knight wants to make more moves... As far as your hints, it was hinted at most of the summer that Cuban was trying to make a deal for Theo? That's when Knight came up with the statement, it will take more than Nick van Exel to get Theo.. Well... I would think that this is MORE than NVE.