• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gearon speaks and yes, he sounds crazy again.

Joker

I just want a singular owner who knows and loves basketball (or hires people around him who do) with a s@&tload of dough. Now we have novice basketball people in relation to a franchise like say the Spurs, and our group of owners can't afford a team representative of the city. I want Joe to hurry up and retire so he can buy us and bring in his workout buddy Durantula and Harden as a Rock.

Edited by benhillboy

It's not only Derrick Rose and the Bulls. Now I'm hearing about PP and his injured knee, but no talk about Josh and his knee....smh. Nothing he said was out of line. The Hawks get no calls. We went through a game in the regular season without getting to the foul line at the half and now last game Boston had 2 fouls at the half.

The only thing that stuck out to me was him saying that Zaza can't even stand up or something like that. Seriously?

Haha..I thought that to, especially after seeing Zaza standing and cheering at the game last night.

• Premium Member

Nene has health issues including already battling planar fasciatis which is something that will be with him the rest of his career. No thanks to that.As for what Gearon said the actual words I agree with but the context is what I feared all along: he's going to use the injuries as an excuse to keep this team together.

I am not a fan of Nene for Smith regardless of his contract. I am not a fan of trading Horf unless it's for D12 or Lebron.

Hello,I for one am actually glad Gearon said something as heavens knows Drew is not going to say anything, The type of Officiating we get reinforces all of the fears about the bias of the Referees and just how much Stern and his cronies dictate how to make sure their "Marquee" franchises advance in the Playoffs. The sad fact is we will never get the calls unless half the Arena does not contain Celtics Fans of whomever else we are playing in the Playoffs. Might not be an concern when we lose Smith at next years Trade Deadline and fall out of the Playoffs or make it as an 8 Seed and are swept.JJ

Such a haters.

He was at a charity event to help Atlanta's stuggling African American students get better in school..........he then gives the Hawks props for having players play through injury after a huge playoff win.......and you diss him ?

What is wrong with you ?

Props to Gearon for giving credit where it is due (Al and Josh for their gritty play) and taking the time to help such a noble charity in a city that needs whatever education help they can get.

Thanks! You are right sir!

I tell you, I'm very worried about our fans.

Gearon was so right. I got so pissed about the mix message the media (even local talk radio) was talking about the hawks after game two lose. "Same old hawks... WOW THEY CAN'T BEAT BOSTON WITHOUT RONDO!"

WTF!?!? We didn't get the "Wow, Boston can't beat Atlanta without Al and Zaza" from game one.

KG took a shit on Gearon. Gearon is a clown.

• Moderators

Looks like Gearon's comments did the exact thing you don't want to do: Give the opponent bulletin board material.

"I want to say thank you to their owner for giving me some extra gas tonight," KG declared. "My only advice to him is next time he opens his mouth, actually know what you are talking about -- X's and O's versus checkbooks and bottom lines."

• Premium Member

I would call it crazy if he uses that as an excuse not to shake up the core (i.e. bye-bye Josh and/or Joe). But he's absolutely right about the team being hurt, not getting calls, and not getting credit/love from the league. I mean, how many times did we see that 20-second "you better hope you're right" Celtics commercial in that series?