• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is an NBA Finals team.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This team. As is... can be an NBA Finals team and probably win it all this year... but there are somethings that we would have to do consistently... Here they are:

Joe Johnson

1. Joe would have to make quicker decisions with the ball. Stop pounding the ball and either drive, pass, or Shoot.

2. Stick to your man like glue.

Josh Smith.

1. Trust your PG.

2. Work on the inside before going to the outside.

3. Abide by your heat check. If you miss, go back inside.

4. Cut off the baseline attack on defense.

Jefferson Teague.

1. Don't be tentative.

2. Get yours. (By doing so, the defenses will change).

Marvin Williams

1. Be more than just a spot up guy from outside. Work the damn baseline and go strong after rebounds when the ball goes up.

2. Stop falling so damn much.

3. Double.

Al Horford.

1. Trust your PG.

Kirk Hinrich.

1. Be the scorer that we need you to be.

2. Fight through picks like a fireman.

Damp.

1. Get in playing shape.

2. Box Out on the rebound.

TMAC

1. Want to go to the 2nd round.

2. On offense, give us 7 minutes per of the old Tmac in the halfcourt set.

Stackhouse.

1. Either you're with us or your not. Quit tweeting about other teams you feel is better than us. Even if you feel that way, as long as you wear the Hawks Brand, you need to keep that shit to yourself. We have no room for infidels.

If we did those things consistently (and it's not asking us to move heaven and earth), this team would land in the finals.

de·lu·sion

noun di-ˈlü-zhən

Definition of DELUSION

a : the act of deluding : the state of being deluded b : an abnormal mental state characterized by the occurrence of psychotic delusions

: a false belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that persists despite the facts and occurs in some psychotic states—compare hallucination 1, illusion 2a

• Premium Member

de·lu·sion

noun di-ˈlü-zhən

Definition of DELUSION

a : the act of deluding : the state of being deluded b : an abnormal mental state characterized by the occurrence of psychotic delusions

: a false belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that persists despite the facts and occurs in some psychotic states—compare hallucination 1, illusion 2a

I knew if you looked up Delusion, there would be a picture of O. J. Mayo - PG sitting next to it... I just knew it. Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

I knew if you looked up Delusion, there would be a picture of O. J. Mayo - PG sitting next to it... I just knew it.

It would be funny if it was true. If we pick up Mayo, I will up this thread and then I might just agree for next year's team.Honestly, this team has no shot.1. Miami Heat2. No #1 option3. No PG4. Low post scoring5. Size in the low post6. Ability to draw fouls v. athletic teams7. Depth, vet min guys aren't going to do.8. No 6th man9. Coaching and it should be higher but I wanted to get the players out of the way.10. Because no one wants to see us play nor even cares outside of Hawk fans. Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

It would be funny if it was true. If we pick up Mayo, I will up this thread and then I might just agree for next year's team.

Honestly, this team has no shot.

1. Miami Heat

2. No #1 option

3. No PG

4. Low post scoring

5. Size in the low post

6. Ability to draw fouls v. athletic teams

7. Depth, vet min guys aren't going to do.

8. No 6th man

9. Coaching and it should be higher but I wanted to get the players out of the way.

10. Because no one wants to see us play nor even cares outside of Hawk fans.

Superstar, WHY DO YOU COME HERE?

I remember earlier, you were supposedly a scout and a Sactown Kings fan. I figured once Bibby was gone, you'd be gone too. Or maybe your Jeff Teague hate is merely a reflex of us trading away Bibby.

I got some good news for you though.

Bibby is now with New York... with his boy Woody.

WoodynoGoody looks like he will be the next coach of the Knicks so you may get to see some ISO-Bibby Ball.

Why not go to the Knicks forum and tell them how they suck?

IS it because in the Knicks forum you would get no play? They'd just ignore you? Or is it because they're already so down on their team that it's to no benefit to you to go over there kicking.

So that must be it. The truth is that you come here to be the biggest pessimist of Hawks basketball because you don't want to see the Hawks have any fans?

Sorry, but Hotlanta already have that spot. We know Hots. You... we don't know.

So here's my suggestion.

Take your Bibby Mancrush. Your rejected SacTown Kings Love. Your pessimistic outlook and go to the Knicks fan Forum.

If you like, you can pose as an Atlanta Hawks fan/Scout and you can rail on Woody and talk about how they need to pick up Hold the Mayo. Then you can Rail on Lin for not being a complete PG and how you don't hate him but you think that he's lacking what all midtier PGs have... in your expert opinion.

I really think that the NY fans would embrace you and welcome your thinking?

Why mess with us Hawks fans. It's time for you to go to the Bright lights with your pessimism.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

Never was a Sac Town Kings. Wrong. Answered the scout question a month or two ago. Look it up.I wanted Bibby gone. I wanted him traded more than anyone on this team and I still think the Hinrich trade was decent. Weak draft and Atlanta needed to get the 2nd round for money purposes. It's worked out well. The Bibby I like was the 14.9 ppg Bibby. The Bibby I was okay with was the 2nd round and out 2nd in the NBA with OffRtg Bibby. I never loved Bibby in Atlanta. I always wanted a CP3 or Deron trade. In fact, if anything you should have talked about my threads on Deron, CP3, Nash, and other superstars, not Bibby. For sure not Bibby.We all know you would trade Marvin for a bag of potato chips and you are terrible with trades but that's besides the point as you can add this is Diesel HOF of stupid threads created by Diesel.LOL, wtf are you talking about, I actually like Jeremy Lin. I think he is a quality combo PG. In fact, add him to the solid combo PG list with Jennings and Wall.I think you are high on coke right now. You sound like a retard but then again, that's normal.

• Moderators

You sound like a retard but then again, that's normal.

Consider this a warning on name calling.

For everyone on this and other threads, stop making things personal. Address the post instead of your opinion on whether someone is a good fan or not. If you think someone is a worthless poster who only frustrates you, that is what the "ignore" button is for.

Edited by AHF

Consider this a warning on name calling.

For everyone on this and other threads, stop making things personal. Address the post instead of your opinion on whether someone is a good fan or not. If you think someone is a worthless poster who only frustrates you, that is what the "ignore" button is for.

Do you see the post above mines?

• Moderators

If the Hawks don't come back and win this thing then the Heat will cake walk into the finals. Its not excuses. The fact is that we've been playing with zero healthy nba quaility bigs. I'm talking 4 AND 5. You can't win in the playoffs like that. With Smith and Horford back we have a chance but its a longshot. If we get have these guys healthy and we're lucky enough to advance I think we can challenge the Heat. No one else can. The Heat will embarrass the Celts because they can get to the rim easily around these old guys.

If the Hawks don't come back and win this thing then the Heat will cake walk into the finals. Its not excuses. The fact is that we've been playing with zero healthy nba quaility bigs. I'm talking 4 AND 5. You can't win in the playoffs like that. With Smith and Horford back we have a chance but its a longshot. If we get have these guys healthy and we're lucky enough to advance I think we can challenge the Heat. No one else can. The Heat will embarrass the Celts because they can get to the rim easily around these old guys.

Boston is very tough to attack the basket on if they are playing hard. I think Boston could take Miami like Dallas did last year.

• Premium Member

This team, as is, is not an NBA Finals team. They are not better than the Heat and when Rose is healthy, they are not better than the Bulls. When this playoff run comes to an end (and it will), instead of waiting for other teams to falter, the Hawks need to go out and proactively find a way to make this team better and get to the point where it is a true title contender. Point, blank, period. No more excuses. Eight years is long enough.

Edited by Jody23

• Moderators

Do you see the post above mines?

The first two posts were funny. When Diesel started questioning your loyalty as a fan and you called him a 'retard' then the thread headed in a bad direction. Thus the warning to avoid name calling and to stop questioning people's integrity as fans - which is an issue broader than Diesel's one post here.

Boston is very tough to attack the basket on if they are playing hard. I think Boston could take Miami like Dallas did last year.

Boston is no where as deep as Dallas was last yr, nor can they shoot as well as that team. Boston is old and garbage outside their big 4 with no real effective inside presence. If our Hawks will play the way their supposed to they most definitely contend for the east at least. Again, the question is have they grown mentally enough to do it? Early on with Al we looked good with what our team defense was and having the ability to get 15-20 from any position. That is exactly why I am so intrigued about tonight's game. If we pull this out, it will tell me that this team is ready to take that next step as a collective unit. Early they looked the part and now this is their first time together since. Go Hawks!

The first two posts were funny. When Diesel started questioning your loyalty as a fan and you called him a 'retard' then the thread headed in a bad direction. Thus the warning to avoid name calling and to stop questioning people's integrity as fans - which is an issue broader than Diesel's one post here.

Personal insults are personal insults, you can't address ones you like and ones you don't. Address them both the same. You sound more like a poster than a moderator right now AHF.

Boston is no where as deep as Dallas was last yr, nor can they shoot as well as that team. Boston is old and garbage outside their big 4 with no real effective inside presence. If our Hawks will play the way their supposed to they most definitely contend for the east at least. Again, the question is have they grown mentally enough to do it? Early on with Al we looked good with what our team defense was and having the ability to get 15-20 from any position. That is exactly why I am so intrigued about tonight's game. If we pull this out, it will tell me that this team is ready to take that next step as a collective unit. Early they looked the part and now this is their first time together since. Go Hawks!

I agree but Rondo is superior to Kidd and lil J.J. and Miami had an issue with Kidd. I think you are underestimating Boston like NBA fans underestimate us. Boston is a much better team than you are giving them credit for.

• Premium Member

D if the hawks did all that they wouldn't be the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Personal insults are personal insults, you can't address ones you like and ones you don't. Address them both the same. You sound more like a poster than a moderator right now AHF.

You can take it up in a PM or take a timeout. This is the second time you have had to be addressed for trying to moderate the site in the last few days. Don't make it a habit.

You can take it up in a PM or take a timeout. This is the second time you have had to be addressed for trying to moderate the site in the last few days. Don't make it a habit.

Posters throwing mud in my face AHF, last I checked, I am not MLK, Gandhi, or Mandela.

If we all lived with in our means....If we all ate with moderation.......If wishes and buts were candy and nuts...If "If" was a fifth these boards would be lot more fun......Deisel, as a fellow Atlanta homer, I understand. But, the truth is you can't turn a ho into a house wife. These players are what they are. This team is what it is. And until they do these things we have to judge them on what they have done. So, no. This isn't a title team.