• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you want ASG to hire Mike D'Antoni if Steve Nash was packaged

Joker

Al and Josh have pretty much the same stats so changing for a better post player, which is what we need, in exchange for Josh's athelticism is okay. We move Horford to forward. Jefferson played Center for Utah this season. As far as losing Josh's playmaking ability...really. Josh thinks he's Lebron and on fast break is he's not dribbling in a straight line it's basically a disaster waiting to happen.

Edited by AmishBoy

Who? Miami? OKC? San Antonio?

They are going to trade him to a place he wants to be and I just don't see that being ATL with our current ownership/gm/etc..Don't get me wrong, I would love to have nash here and I would be absolutely thrilled if it happened. I just don't see him agreeing to come to atl and playing for asg.I can't tell you an exact team right now as I don't know what everyone's salary situations and tradeable pieces are. I just have a feeling he's going to go to a team that the "experts" consider to be a contender, if he goes anywhere.

Al and Josh have pretty much the same stats so changing for a better post player, which is what we need, in exchange for Josh's athelticism is okay. We move Horford to forward. Jefferson played Center for Utah this season. As far as losing Josh's playmaking ability...really. Josh thinks he's Lebron and on fast break is he's not dribbling in a straight line it's basically a disaster waiting to happen.

Al and Josh aren't even close to the same. The only thing they have in common is a weak back to the basket post up game. Smith can do a lot if he stays within himself and Horford movement, BBIQ, and shooting is elite. Jefferson is a poor defensive center and he's not that great on offense either. Smith may have low BBIQ but Smith has a lot of talent.

Al and Josh aren't even close to the same. The only thing they have in common is a weak back to the basket post up game. Smith can do a lot if he stays within himself and Horford movement, BBIQ, and shooting is elite. Jefferson is a poor defensive center and he's not that great on offense either. Smith may have low BBIQ but Smith has a lot of talent.

They have exactly the same stats. Marvin could do alot if he had a freaky friday type switch with Kevin Durant. WTF.

And I told ya'll Ramon Sessions is a scrub.

Nash has always put way too much pressure on his teammates defensively, and Mike DAntoni's defensive principles or lack thereof make me sick to my stomach. I'll pass.

When has Nash ever had the defensive players we have before in Phx. Bibby put more pressure on a defense than Nash and Nash can open up an offense and make everyone better. Edited by nbasuperstar40

I am not a fan of D'Antoni but he is better than LD. He had the Knicks playing good defense when he got fired. It was bad offense that got him fired. Woody's team played great defense.

I doubt the ASG will pay enough to get D'Antoni's attention.I would love Steve Nash........with Steve Nash you don't need a coach b/c Nash will be the defacto coach. The problem is all we have is the MLE to offer him.

MLE should be enough. The most anyone can offer is 10 mil a year. Atlanta has the perfect cast.

• Moderators

So what has D'Antoni ever done of note? The NY debacle ought to prove that the Suns were contenders because Nash is unbelievable. Its like Riley said when he was at the Lakers. He'd coach as long as Magic was there. we don't want to take a step back to playground ball given that its taken this long to get our guys playing hard every game.

I just want Nash. I can care less about LD.

• Moderators

Yes. I don't really want D'Antoni but if that is price for getting Nash, I would happily take the package deal.If I am picking only a new coach, it would be a different story.

Yeah, you clearly don't hate Teague...

He is not a starter. I feel the same with starting L. Barbosa who is a more talented player. Just because I am not a homer don't mean I hate anyone. Edited by nbasuperstar40

No, you said 'no offense in the world can work with teague'...that is hating

He can't run an offense. Personnel is the only thing that can help him.