• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Crawford

HalfHawk

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll take his bad defense and off nights as long as we get his offense when he's on. Plus, he's just exciting to watch.

This is true but not for 5 million dollars.

I remember when Drew used to play Jamal at PG. Posted Image

Then again...

• Premium Member

Between the Knicks', Warriors', Bulls' and now the Blazers' fanbases, no group wants Jamal back as much as Atlanta's. Well yea, because we love settling for past their prime refuse.He had his one great year but fell back to being terrible again. If he's back for a dime above the vet min my new name will be "Crawful, just Crawful"

Okay so you're the late great CrawfulToCrawesome. Now it all makes sense.Thinking about changing my display name to "JoeTheStripperTipper".

Mace is CTC. I didn't even know.

Okay so you're the late great CrawfulToCrawesome. Now it all makes sense.Thinking about changing my display name to "JoeTheStripperTipper".

And you used to be ClintEasthood I believe... which seems more fitting based on your avatar.

You know, the interesting thing about this discussion is this. If you go back to the 2008 season when Atlanta had Flip Murray, the Hawks have seemingly gotten career years out of these high volume shooting combo guards. In 2008, it was Flip Murray posting the highest PER, TS%, eFG%, and WS/48 of his career. In 2009, Jamal Crawford posted the best PER, TS%, eFG%, and WS/48 of his career. In 2010, Jamal fell off some but was still at the level when he had played his best previously. This past year, Willie Green posted the best PER, TS%, eFG%, and WS/48 of his career. The same thing goes for Janerro Pargo. The common thread among these players is Larry Drew. IMO, Larry has a good feel for these combo guards and knows how to maximize their shooting, even if he has the maddening propensity to play them minutes at the point guard position (Pargo this year, Crawford last year - Woodson played Murray as a PG).

I said no for two reasons. One, I like the idea of Hinrich better if we can keep him. And two, Crawford opted out of 5 million a year. I don't want to pay him that much.

Edited by Buzzard

If you have to ask yourself whether or not they should sign him, the answer is usually no. Obviously doesn't indicate that he had a meaningful impact on the Hawks during his tenure, he has actually started to become a journeyman.