• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lang Greene Chat

Jody23

• Premium Member
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-lang-greene-6612Very dissapointing read. My prediction is the Hawks will lose Josh Smith in much the same way as they lost Jamal Crawford. No one is going to give them a good deal at the trade deadline for a half season rental. UGH.P.S. According to Lang, the Warriors are indeed very interested in Josh. Edited by Jody23

I am having an extremely hard time finding a great deal for Josh just as a supporter. He should be first on the players who are on the trading block to get attention but his issue is:He has one year left.He is more of a tweener and not a SF which is in high demand right now.He isn't a championship player.The only guys with some interest are SAC, PHX, DET, and HOU but what type of interest to give us what we want. Josh biggest issue is he isn't a championship level player. It depends to be honest, we will have options but Atlanta needs more than what some of these teams are willing to give. Just a late lottery pick isn't enough for Smoove. We want the same thing that Memphis will get for Gay at the very least.Right now Gay, Iggy, have more interest due to the need for SF but Josh will have major interest just due to his impact on defense. Teams like Detroit, Phoenix, and Houston can really use a Josh Smith but I am not to fond of what they have to offer.

• Like 1

I don't think the Warriors are a good trade unless they are willing to throw in more for us to take one of their crappy contracts. They need to throw in the pick and Klay Thompson if they want us to take Lee or AB. Those guys are totally not worth their contract. We can't have pointless contracts with the new cap and our flexibility with Joe's contract.

• Premium Member

http://www.hoopsworl...ang-greene-6612Very dissapointing read. My prediction is the Hawks will lose Josh Smith in much the same way as they lost Jamal Crawford. No one is going to give them a good deal at the trade deadline for a half season rental. UGH.P.S. According to Lang, the Warriors are indeed very interested in Josh.

Unforutnately, I tend to agree with you. IF the Hawks don't sell high and wait until the allstar break, we will be sitting around trading Josh for 2 second rounders and some bum with a bad contract.

Unforutnately, I tend to agree with you. IF the Hawks don't sell high and wait until the allstar break, we will be sitting around trading Josh for 2 second rounders and some bum with a bad contract.

Atlanta won't trade him then. Atlanta wants a lot for Smith.

• Premium Member

Which makes absolutely zero sense. If you have known for over a year that a guy has asked to be traded, why would you wait until you're in the last year of his deal to see if he will sign an extension? That is beyond foolish and it brings to mind what Sekou said in his article where he basically said Bruce Levenson wasn't being truthful about Smith's trade request. He said the Hawks had no interest in trading him before his contract expired. Beyond stupid.

I am having an extremely hard time finding a great deal for Josh just as a supporter. He should be first on the players who are on the trading block to get attention but his issue is:He has one year left.He is more of a tweener and not a SF which is in high demand right now.He isn't a championship player.The only guys with some interest are SAC, PHX, DET, and HOU but what type of interest to give us what we want. Josh biggest issue is he isn't a championship level player. It depends to be honest, we will have options but Atlanta needs more than what some of these teams are willing to give. Just a late lottery pick isn't enough for Smoove. We want the same thing that Memphis will get for Gay at the very least.Right now Gay, Iggy, have more interest due to the need for SF but Josh will have major interest just due to his impact on defense. Teams like Detroit, Phoenix, and Houston can really use a Josh Smith but I am not to fond of what they have to offer.

I would be ecstatic to find out that SAC and HOU are interested in Smith. SAC has the #5 pick and can absorb some salary, and HOU has Lowry, Martin (large expiring), and #14/#16. Those are wonderful assets.

http://www.hoopsworl...ang-greene-6612Very dissapointing read. My prediction is the Hawks will lose Josh Smith in much the same way as they lost Jamal Crawford. No one is going to give them a good deal at the trade deadline for a half season rental. UGH.P.S. According to Lang, the Warriors are indeed very interested in Josh.

We should ship Josh for the best 1st round pick we can get. If we wait until the deadline it may be worse than the pick we got for Harrington or even Rasheed years ago.

• Premium Member

We should ship Josh for the best 1st round pick we can get. If we wait until the deadline it may be worse than the pick we got for Harrington or even Rasheed years ago.

Waiting until the deadline is just beyond foolish. You're right Buzzard, the Hawks need to figure this out right now and they should be looking to move him. Not sure if they realize that the offers at the deadline will be SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the offers they get in the offseason. The ASG are about to really show their incompetence here imo.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Is this what its come to? Josh for a pick? Who makes that trade? We don't really know the details of Josh's trade request or what the Hawks have done to offer an extension. The deals being floated in the media are teams trying to set a value and expectation but that's not reality. Reality is many teams want him because he is in his prime, impacts both sides of the floor, and really had a breakout year. If we are going to trade him teams will start offering a lot.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Is this what its come to? Josh for a pick? Who makes that trade? We don't really know the details of Josh's trade request or what the Hawks have done to offer an extension. The deals being floated in the media are teams trying to set a value and expectation but that's not reality. Reality is many teams want him because he is in his prime, impacts both sides of the floor, and really had a breakout year. If we are going to trade him teams will start offering a lot.

No, teams won't. Teams are not going to offer a boat load for a player in the last year of his deal, flawed and a non all-star. This is another case of the Hawks overvaluing their players as Mike Cunningham has accurately stated on many occasions. If the Hawks are waiting for some dream deal, they are going to be sorely dissapointed. While attractive, Smith's game and value is not as good as they and many fans like to think.

I starting to think that this team is totally Curse or something like that. I dont know why they want to wait until the trading deadline to move him, besides around that time, we will be in the playoff hurt and then they will decide it will be better if we keep him and try to sign him (we dont have the money to resign him and he does want to go to another place). I think that this team needs to trade him during the draft period.

No, teams won't. Teams are not going to offer a boat load for a player in the last year of his deal, flawed and a non all-star. This is another case of the Hawks overvaluing their players as Mike Cunningham has accurately stated on many occasions. If the Hawks are waiting for some dream deal, they are going to be sorely dissapointed. While attractive, Smith's game and value is not as good as they and many fans like to think.

Or are you undervaluing Josh Smith. Josh Smith game is out there like Rondo. You know he is extremely talented but fit matters. Unfortunately, that's not in Smith's favor. I think Toronto will be very interested especially if Steve Nash is a strong possibility to sign with the team. They can use three headed talent in Smith, Bargs, and Jonas.

Or are you undervaluing Josh Smith. Josh Smith game is out there like Rondo. You know he is extremely talented but fit matters. Unfortunately, that's not in Smith's favor. I think Toronto will be very interested especially if Steve Nash is a strong possibility to sign with the team. They can use three headed talent in Smith, Bargs, and Jonas.

Its not undervaluing, it is about the other team can resigned him, he can go anywhere after next season, so the team will trade for him, will only have him for a year. I think with our ongoing GM problems, I am thinking that Josh is going to be stay as a Hawks after the Draft. I hope I am sooo wronnnng about this.

Why would Josh not sign with that team? I could understand if we were talking about someone like Melo or Deron but Josh isn't good enough to call his own shots. He would want too much money for both bad teams and good teams. He is most likely to stay with whatever team signs him. He is not Joe, Josh isn't looked at as a final piece especially when most good teams don't have cap space.

• Premium Member

Why would Josh not sign with that team? I could understand if we were talking about someone like Melo or Deron but Josh isn't good enough to call his own shots. He would want too much money for both bad teams and good teams. He is most likely to stay with whatever team signs him. He is not Joe, Josh isn't looked at as a final piece especially when most good teams don't have cap space.

Not undervaluing Josh at all. Just seeing him for the player he really is and that's not the "star" many want to make him out to be. He's not the player he thinks he is.Now I will say this, Josh is not Joe Johsnon. He's not ALL about the money. He's not going to leave a 60 win team to go play for a 13 win team just because they pay more. Josh does want to win and probably would take a little less money to play in a winning situation (Boston will have cap space after next year). A losing team is not going to give up significant pieces for a guy who won't commit to them long term. Josh will be looking for a winning situation when he hits free agency, not just a big pay day.

So you are offering the idea that the Hawks should not fear him leaving then........problem solved, nothing to see here, crisis averted. The ASG got Josh by the balls.

So you are offering the idea that the Hawks should not fear him leaving then........problem solved, nothing to see here, crisis averted. The ASG got Josh by the balls.

Atlanta can't afford him is the problem. If you take into account that they have to resign Teague and other players.

Not undervaluing Josh at all. Just seeing him for the player he really is and that's not the "star" many want to make him out to be. He's not the player he thinks he is.Now I will say this, Josh is not Joe Johsnon. He's not ALL about the money. He's not going to leave a 60 win team to go play for a 13 win team just because they pay more. Josh does want to win and probably would take a little less money to play in a winning situation (Boston will have cap space after next year). A losing team is not going to give up significant pieces for a guy who won't commit to them long term. Josh will be looking for a winning situation when he hits free agency, not just a big pay day.

Josh is a tier 1 player, he is as much a talent as anyone in the game. All coaches, scouts, GM's, and pundits agree. We all know his flaws too. Edited by Joker

Atlanta can't afford him is the problem. If you take into account that they have to resign Teague and other players.

Teague, Zaza, and Marvin Option (and we all know that they would execrise that one), so it will be no money and we will have to get more Vetmin.