• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

Anyone else find it ironic that we're waiting on the guy to post who has at least double the post count of anyone else?

If he were not on the clock for this pick then I bet he would have made like 10 post since the last pick was made.

I don't mind their (Jennings / Granger) overall FG%, especially not with 2 very good rebounders working the paint for me, both of whom shoot over 52%. They're both good to very good 3pt shooters so that helps to make up for lower overall FG% for their positions.

Back in the ugly AI days, if I got stuck with him I always tried to pair him with Cassell and try and offset the 7 to 10 for 20 to 25 nights Iverson use to put up on a weekly basis. I really really tried to stay away from him or trade him first and foremost.Bad FG% and FT% are overlooked a lot in fantasy and that also makes them one of the easiest categories to excel at. If they are both a part of the scoring setup then they are just as important as any other to try and dominate at. Just my two cents on fantasy scoring. I did not play this year due to the lockout, I am sure next season I will get back in. Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

The Atlanta GanstaSlappas select:

Arron Afflalo 6'5" SG.

I wanted a defensive stopper who can hit the three. I also needed somebody with good chemistry to match Lawson's speed. Afflalo is the guy. In Afflalo, I get a good with a sky high shooting average, good from outside, and about 15 ppg.

The other great thing about Afflalo is that he can run uptempo with Lawson and provide a person who will allow Love and Gortat to work inside.

• Like 1

Back in the ugly AI days, if I got stuck with him I always tried to pair him with Cassell and try and offset the 7 to 10 for 20 to 25 nights Iverson use to put up on a weekly basis. I really really tried to stay away from him or trade him first and foremost.Bad FG% and FT% are overlooked a lot in fantasy and that also makes them one of the easiest categories to excel at. If they are both a part of the scoring setup then they are just as important as any other to try and dominate at. Just my two cents on fantasy scoring. I did not play this year due to the lockout, I am sure next season I will get back in.

I hear ya and I'd like the %'s to be higher... but they're both very good FT shooters so I feel good about that. Jennings is fairly low in FG% but he's actually higher than Deron Williams. Granger is higher than Deng and not far behind Carmelo in FG% so I don't feel too awful about that either.

Arron Afflalo 6'5" SG.

I wanted a defensive stopper who can hit the three. I also needed somebody with good chemistry to match Lawson's speed. Afflalo is the guy. In Afflalo, I get a good with a sky high shooting average, good from outside, and about 15 ppg.

The other great thing about Afflalo is that he can run uptempo with Lawson and provide a person who will allow Love and Gortat to work inside.

Afflalo is a very underrated all around player so this is a good pick.

Did you PM the next guy?

• Admin

Arron Afflalo 6'5" SG.

I like this pick. Good defender

Yeah. IS there an easy way to find the PM of the next guy? Am I missing something?

The easiest way is to click on the "PM Icon" up in the toolbar and then click "Compose New" and then type that persons name in on the window that pops up. Or they "should" have messaged you earlier since it's a snake draft, which means you could just reply to their PM.You can also PM someone from their profile by clicking the "Send me a message" button.

Round 11 - Devon - Kevin Durant2 - Supporter - Lebron James3 - JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving4 - Capstone21 - Chris Paul5 - AHF - Dwight Howard6 - sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum7 - Diesel - Kevin Love8 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Deron Williams9 - Dolfan - Blake Griffin10 - Mutombolievable - Russell Westbrook11 - Alejandro09 - Derrick Rose12 - Buzzard - DeMarcus Cousins13 - jy23 - Rajon Rondo14 - Nicholasp27 - Anthony Davis15 - LethalWeapon3 - Ricky Rubio16 - coachx - James HardenRound 217 - coachx - LaMarcus Aldridge18 - LethalWeapon3 - Marc Gasol19 - Nicholasp27 - Roy Hibbert20 - jy23 - Dwyane Wade21 - Buzzard - John Wall22 - Alejandro09 - Al Horford23 - Mutombolievable - Josh Smith24 - Dolfan - Greg Monroe25 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Carmelo Anthony26 - Diesel - Ty Lawson27 - sultanofatl - Kobe Bryant28 - AHF - Tony Parker29 - Capstone21 - Al Jefferson30 - JayBirdHawk - Tyson Chandler31 - Supporter - Pau Gasol32 - Devon - Chris BoshRound 333 - Devon - Serge Ibaka34 - Supporter - Joe Johnson35 - JayBirdHawk - Dirk Nowitski36 - Capstone21 - Rudy Gay37 - AHF - Andre Iguodala38 - sultanofatl - Manu Ginobili39 - Diesel - Marcin Gortat40 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Demar Derozan41 - Dolfan - Danny Granger42 - Mutombolievable - Monta Ellis43 – Alejandro09 – Paul George44 – Buzzard – David Lee45 - jy23 - Michael Kidd Gilchrist46 - Nicholasp27 - Eric Gordon47 - LethalWeapon3 - Amare Stoudemire48 - coachx - Luol DengRound 449 - coachx - Stephen Curry50 - LethalWeapon3 - Nicholas Batum51 - Nicholasp27 - Danilo Gallinari52 - jy23 - Paul Millsap53 - Buzzard - Klay Thompson54 - Alejandro09 - Joakim Noah55 - Mutombolievable - Brook Lopez56 - Dolfan - Brandon Jennings57 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - David West58 - Diesel - Aaron Afflalo59 - sultanofatl60 - AHF61 - Capstone2162 - JayBirdHawk63 - Supporter64 – Devon

Arron Afflalo 6'5" SG.

Arron is a solid player and way underrated. My choice really came down to the known I would get from him and the upside I am hoping for in Klay. Great pick this late, no doubt.

If I had needed a center, Noah and Brook are tough to beat this late in the draft. Great value, I wish there had been similar value at SG and SF when I picked!This draft is really showing me how thin the league is at the 2 and 3 spot. They use to be the easiest positions to fill.

Edited by Buzzard

I hear ya and I'd like the %'s to be higher... but they're both very good FT shooters so I feel good about that. Jennings is fairly low in FG% but he's actually higher than Deron Williams. Granger is higher than Deng and not far behind Carmelo in FG% so I don't feel too awful about that either.

0Deng is coming off a season where he played through a torn ligament in his wrist........his FG% will be back to normal next season..........that was this GM is banking on ;^) Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I was really wondering how much longer Jennings was going to last... thought for sure he would be a late 2nd to early 3rd for sure. Nice pick at 56!

Remember to note that you PM'd Diesel. (I did so out of an abundance of caution.)