• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks want Machado

Joker

I'm just saying that he could turn out to be our Isaiah Thomas of last year. People really undervalued him and look what he did for Sacramento. He basically ran Ty Evans out of the starting PG role and the reason why he won't resign with them. He's a diamond in the rough and I know if someone give's him the chance, he's going to have a successful career.

I agree. Thomas was also perfect for that system. He is at his best in a up-tempo system and was creating shots for others. Cousins was A LOT better with Thomas than with anyone else they had at PG in Cousins time with Sac.Machado is the perfect fit for this team regardless.

No, Jason Collins. Waste of $1 Million for the last 3 years.

Collins +/- is really good and he can defend for his position better than anyone we have. He was exposed without Horf. He had to play more mins and was a scrub. He is really a 3-5 mpg player if he plays at all. He is not a NBA player talent wise. Edited by Joker

I'm just saying that he could turn out to be our Isaiah Thomas of last year. People really undervalued him and look what he did for Sacramento. He basically ran Ty Evans out of the starting PG role and the reason why he won't resign with them. He's a diamond in the rough and I know if someone give's him the chance, he's going to have a successful career.

My point isn't against his talent or his value. My point is that he has multiple suitors that believe such about him and he can therefore pick whomever will guarantee him pt/ money/offers the best city/ has the nicest jerseys/nicer coach etc. etc. etc. Whatever fits his fancy, he has options. It's his choice of where to go and there are plenty of logically viable reasons for why he can choose any of his suitors. To downplay his other suitors and then state as if the Hawks somehow separate themselves from the pack based on one aspect sounds to me like lil too much wishful thinking.

@MaceI don't think he wants to come to the NBA for just the money alone. It's every NBA Player's dream to win a championship, and Atlanta is the best opportunity for him to do that, out of the teams interested in him.

That's a very idealistic idea you have over players' desires. Having a ring at 22 doesn't mean much to a guy if he has to sell it on ebay next summer to pay the light bill. I'm not even going to get into thinking Machado is the difference for the Hawks winning a championship or not and you are still missing my point entirely.... he more than likely wants a long and productive (in addition to lucrative) career that will offer him many opportunities at championships as a key member and not just be Edy Curry on the Heat bench. He will pick the situation that will best allow him to do that and prove himself at this level.To summarize my point to you, he's not just playing for this season, he's trying to play for seasons afterwards.....winning is secondary unless it's a direct correlation to his own play.

Your second post in this thread, you took a personal shot at me. You do it constantly, I wouldn't say it if it didn't happen.

You think it's personal when you continuously spout nonsense and people correct you on it? You are the master of posting a random "precedence" as though it proves anything against a particular argument and you'll do it time and time again. Eric Dampier had a +/- nearly equal to Zaza, did Dampier contribute to as many wins now or was Zaza that horrible? Not seeing much correlation between a single flawed stat supporting your opinion against the assertion that the bench that included Willie Green and Pargo as the main contributors helped the team win games are we? But that won't stop you from posting over and over again as though it did....even after being corrected.

He might as well retire because I see no fit for him here in Atlanta. Remember last year when we face Orlando with no Horford and no Collins? Well we beat them because of a solid team effort. That game made me realize, what's the point of Collins? He has no offensive game, he isn't fast and he's play scrub minutes for $1 million. He isn't worth it.

My point isn't against his talent or his value. My point is that he has multiple suitors that believe such about him and he can therefore pick whomever will guarantee him pt/ money/offers the best city/ has the nicest jerseys/nicer coach etc. etc. etc. Whatever fits his fancy, he has options. It's his choice of where to go and there are plenty of logically viable reasons for why he can choose any of his suitors. To downplay his other suitors and then state as if the Hawks somehow separate themselves from the pack based on one aspect sounds to me like lil too much wishful thinking.That's a very idealistic idea you have over players' desires. Having a ring at 22 doesn't mean much to a guy if he has to sell it on ebay next summer to pay the light bill. I'm not even going to get into thinking Machado is the difference for the Hawks winning a championship or not and you are still missing my point entirely.... he more than likely wants a long and productive (in addition to lucrative) career that will offer him many opportunities at championships as a key member and not just be Edy Curry on the Heat bench. He will pick the situation that will best allow him to do that and prove himself at this level.To summarize my point to you, he's not just playing for this season, he's trying to play for seasons afterwards.....winning is secondary unless it's a direct correlation to his own play.You think it's personal when you continuously spout nonsense and people correct you on it? You are the master of posting a random "precedence" as though it proves anything against a particular argument and you'll do it time and time again. Eric Dampier had a +/- nearly equal to Zaza, did Dampier contribute to as many wins now or was Zaza that horrible? Not seeing much correlation between a single flawed stat supporting your opinion against the assertion that the bench that included Willie Green and Pargo as the main contributors helped the team win games are we? But that won't stop you from posting over and over again as though it did....even after being corrected.

Mace, this subject is about Machado. Not me or you. You want to address me, DM otherwise fall back.

Eric Dampier had a +/- nearly equal to Zaza, did Dampier contribute to as many wins now or was Zaza that horrible? Not seeing much correlation between a single flawed stat supporting your opinion against the assertion that the bench that included Willie Green and Pargo as the main contributors helped the team win games are we?

No. At the same time Damp didn't play the mins nor was he able to play the mins and what not. Green and Pargo both had ample mins. They rarely ran sets on the 2nd team. They had a tendency to take bad shots like Josh without the impact all around. It's very hard to justify them for the most part. They were scrub level more times than not. You need consistency from your bench especially if they are vets. Your assertion you said is flawed because you aren't looking into he variance of their game. The +/- system is generally the best way to tell what's going on without just using my opinion. Mace, you need to fall back.

He might as well retire because I see no fit for him here in Atlanta. Remember last year when we face Orlando with no Horford and no Collins? Well we beat them because of a solid team effort. That game made me realize, what's the point of Collins? He has no offensive game, he isn't fast and he's play scrub minutes for $1 million. He isn't worth it.

Dwight wasn't playing hard. I remember that game. Zaza outplayed Dwight. That almost never happens. We shouldn't use that as a standard but more of of an anomaly.

Dwight wasn't playing hard. I remember that game. Zaza outplayed Dwight. That almost never happens. We shouldn't use that as a standard but more of of an anomaly.

So you mean to tell me that you would pay a guy $1 million to sit on your bench to only start/play 5-6 game per year against centers that will have their way with Al? Waste.

If Machado can play by all means lets have a look. But don't be disappointed if he is released. He was passed on 60 times, if someone really thought he was worth a 2nd round flier, they would have used it and that way had him locked in. Instead of giving him the ability to pick and choose from multiple teams.There is always a few undrafteds that make it on a roster or at least a NBADL one, but not very many Lins and Big Bens. You never know though, so bring his butt in!

Edited by Buzzard

Machado will never see NBA minutes...Go sign MillerThis will be a waste of time

I remember Lin is the worse player in the NBA in Jan on the Knicks board.I remember people saying I. Thomas won't be in the NBA and should go to Europe, too small and not good enough.This will be one of those comments you will feel bad that you said.

I am all for bringing him in..But there seems to be a little too much hope this guy is gonna play-my bet he will never see an NBA floor cause he was not drafted for a reason

I remember Lin is the worse player in the NBA in Jan on the Knicks board.I remember people saying I. Thomas won't be in the NBA and should go to Europe, too small and not good enough.This will be one of those comments you will feel bad that you said.

Lin was a diamond in the corn field..They are few and far betweenYou hype him like he is a sure bet when the money is the opposite..If this was Vegas the odd's would be heavily against this guy is all I am saying

Lin was a diamond in the corn field..They are few and far betweenYou hype him like he is a sure bet when the money is the opposite..If this was Vegas the odd's would be heavily against this guy is all I am saying

This kid is Mike Trout to me. A diamond that needs to be in the right situation to shine.

Braves suck for getting Minor in that draft..

They didn't know about that kid.

Sorry @MaceCase but what? I didn't understand that clearly

He doesn't give a f*** about winning unless he's at least partly responsible for it, he cares about making it in the NBA. Succinct enough?

Mace, this subject is about Machado. Not me or you. You want to address me, DM otherwise fall back.

I'm sorry, who was it that mentioned that it wasn't about Machado because someone was bothering to actually address you instead? Oh ya, it was you.

No. At the same time Damp didn't play the mins nor was he able to play the mins and what not. Green and Pargo both had ample mins. They rarely ran sets on the 2nd team. They had a tendency to take bad shots like Josh without the impact all around. It's very hard to justify them for the most part. They were scrub level more times than not. You need consistency from your bench especially if they are vets. Your assertion you said is flawed because you aren't looking into he variance of their game. The +/- system is generally the best way to tell what's going on without just using my opinion. Mace, you need to fall back.

No, +/- does not prove you point in the least. The fact that you are trying to single that one very flawed stat out only proves you have an obvious agenda. You'll need to build a much better case than that but alas, you're not about the facts, you're about whatever crumbs you can find to lend credence to you overly wrong opinion.