• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade

GameTime

Dwight doesn't want to be here. I haven't heard anything about him wanting to play here. Even Josh doesn't want to be here anymore.

No one wants to be here in Atlanta even the ones on the team. He plays with Smoove and Joe and now we have a big three.

Let me clearify, trading Joe would be good for the Hawks LONGTERM! If we trade Joe we have to trade Josh too. There's no point trading one guy while letting the other stay.You want to know why? It's because of this stupid offensive system that we've ran for the past 6 something years that Woodson and Drew have creamed over. Give them each a star player and they will run that player to death out on the court. We need to bring back team basketball, we can do that with Teague and Horford.

I agree but that is exactly what Hawk fans are clamoring for. Building "around" Teague and Horford. Horford has yet to prove he can consistently create offensive opportunities for himself and Teague has yet to prove he can consistenly create offensive opportunities for others besides himself. Not a good look in my opinion. I hope the trade does go through. I agree that we should trade Josh too. No point in winning a bunch of pointless games when the plan is to suck bad enough to get higher draft picks. I won't mention Free Agency because the hawks have never been an attractive spot for free agents.

The latest word is that New Jersey has offered Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, and Jordan Williams for Joe Johnson, but they would rather use either Kris Humphries or Gerald Green in a SNT deal and keep one or two of the expiring contracts. The Hawks are currently insisting that Marshon Brooks be in the deal. Both sides are working to try and get this deal done.

What do you think about this Jordan Williams kid? Seems he has some really good potential and he's pretty young.

What do you think about this Jordan Williams kid? Seems he has some really good potential and he's pretty young.

10 deep. Teams that win the championship are 10 deep. The Heat had Battier, Chalmers, Cole, Miller, Turiaf, Cole all play a role for them this year. I'll take any non-Geritol taking NBA player at this point.

His metrics from this past year suggest that he can become at least a rotational guy at the 4 and 5 spots who can defend and rebound. I like the fact that he had 0.189 WP48 on the year. I'd like to see what he could do if he got about 1500 minutes on the year instead of 635.One thing with him though is that he may have some character issues.

@ESPNSteinLine: Nets-Hawks talks: Sources say Nets now offering Farmar, Petro, Morrow, J. Williams, Stevenson (via sign-and-trade) and future first for Joe”

Pull the trigger Ferry!

@ESPNSteinLine: Nets-Hawks talks: Sources say Nets now offering Farmar, Petro, Morrow, J. Williams, Stevenson (via sign-and-trade) and future first for Joe”

Morrow and Jenkins are redundant and Stevenson is not a player that I would want to sign at all, so why take him in a sign and trade and presumed long term contract? This is even more trashy than before.

Morrow and Jenkins are redundant and Stevenson is not a player that I would want to sign at all, so why take him in a sign and trade and presumed long term contract? This is even more trashy than before.

Because there are 3 expirings in there and you have Marvin as an asset. The deal as currently written puts you at $58 millionish, 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year.

Ferry will be a fool not to do this trade

Stevenson was SWAGVP last season.No seriously. DeShawn played great for the champion Mavs (solid defender; streaky shooter). Everybody sucks in New Jersey.

Teague/FarmarMorrow/Jenkins (flip if you wish they are redundant and neither is a starter)Marvin/Stevenson (smallish for SF, all types of troubles in the past)Josh/Scott/WilliamsAl/Zaza/PetroOnly good thing about that trade is you have 12 players and only need one more that is talent defunct and you are not getting any strong 1st rd picks.The biggest question I was asking is who hear would go out and sign Deshawn Stevenson to a long term contract? If you would not why do you accept him in this deal? They are just adding more and more trash.

Edited by MrMeltdown

Teague/FarmarMorrow/Jenkins (flip if you wish they are redundant and neither is a starter)Marvin/Stevenson (smallish for SF, all types of troubles in the past)Josh/Scott/WilliamsAl/Zaza/PetroOnly good thing about that trade is you have 12 players and only need one more that is talent defunct and you are not getting any strong 1st rd picks.The biggest question I was asking is who hear would go out and sign Deshawn Stevenson to a long time contract? If you would not why do you accept him in this deal? They are just adding more and more trash.

The Stevenson contract would be about 2 years at 2.5 mil per.You have 12 players, short of the LT by 12 million. Tradeable commodities in that list.12 million in wiggle roomMarvin 7.5 mil17 million in expiring contractsMorrow (expiring)Farmar (expiring)Zaza (expiring)Petro (expiring)and2 - 1st round picks in 2013.Think like a GM, not a fan.