• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade

GameTime

Thank you for taking the time to look that up KB... and for confirming what I suspected. Marvin is a nice kid but he's grossly overpaid for what he brings to the table.

Grossly overpaid? More like paid accurately.

I've seen some floating proposals of us taking back a s&t player like Green or DeShawn Stevenson. Did the CBA rules change where you could sign and trade a player in conjunction with other players? If so, I'd even be willing to let them keep some of their expirings if they'd do a trade like....Farmar, Brooks, and re-signed Lopez or Humphries for Joe. We could still flip one of those guys or deal Josh for other key pieces.

• Moderators

The advanced stats are great things but you can't rely solely on any one of them. By WS/48 last regular season, Manu Ginobili was better than Kevin Durant while Amir Johnson was better than Rajon Rondo.By WS, Ryan Anderson was better than Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, and many others.There are many, many examples of instances where you look at the numbers and then think, "maybe I hold onto Rondo if Amir is the guy."The numbers are useful but you need a fuller profile of numbers combined with what you see on the floor rather than just relying on one or two metrics in isolation.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I've seen some floating proposals of us taking back a s&t player like Green or DeShawn Stevenson. Did the CBA rules change where you could sign and trade a player in conjunction with other players? If so, I'd even be willing to let them keep some of their expirings if they'd do a trade like....Farmar, Brooks, and re-signed Lopez or Humphries for Joe. We could still flip one of those guys or deal Josh for other key pieces.

They want to keep Lopez and Humphries so I don't think Brooks + one of them is at all realistic. They have to think that a Lopez, Humphries, Wallace, JJ, Deron lineup is so exciting that they are willing to pay JJ $23M/year to make it happen.

Grossly overpaid? More like paid accurately.

Thankfully you aren't the GM! There's a reason why NOBODY in the NBA have been willing to take Marvin off of our hands even though we've tried moving him for 2 straight years.

What do you think about this Jordan Williams kid? Seems he has some really good potential and he's pretty young.

I somewhat know him because he grew up in Torrington, CT and played against my high school basketball team a couple times a year. My boys in high school were close to him so I would sometimes see him at parties and stuff, he seems like a chill dude and from what I've heard he worked extremely hard in college. He could be a great role player but I read on RealGM before that they think he's being lazy at the pro level. Who knows, he still has the potential to be an excellent rebounder off the bench but as it should always be, he has to worker to get there.

Thankfully you aren't the GM! There's a reason why NOBODY in the NBA have been willing to take Marvin off of our hands even though we've tried moving him for 2 straight years.

No problem, I will take that but Atlanta isn't exactly trying to give Marvin away. They wanted to trade him at a price.

I somewhat know him because he grew up in Torrington, CT and played against my high school basketball team a couple times a year. My boys in high school were close to him so I would sometimes see him at parties and stuff, he seems like a chill dude and from what I've heard he worked extremely hard in college. He could be a great role player but I read on RealGM before that they think he's being lazy at the pro level. Who knows, he still has the potential to be an excellent rebounder off the bench but as it should always be, he has to worker to get there.

Everyone says everyone is lazy if they aren't a superstar. Most of these guys are working hard, they might have physically peaked at this level.

No problem, I will take that but Atlanta isn't exactly trying to give Marvin away. They wanted to trade him at a price.Everyone says everyone is lazy if they aren't a superstar. Most of these guys are working hard, they might have physically peaked at this level.

They haven't been asking for anything valuable for Marvin and that's from MC and Jason Walker. They've just been trying to get out of his contract.

They want to keep Lopez and Humphries so I don't think Brooks + one of them is at all realistic. They have to think that a Lopez, Humphries, Wallace, JJ, Deron lineup is so exciting that they are willing to pay JJ $23M/year to make it happen.

I'd take that team over our team this year. JJ, Deron and Wallace are all great defensively. Lopez has a solid post game. JJ can shoot it from deep. Humphries and Wallace are great rebounders which makes up for Lopez's deficiency at rebounding. It's a solid squad if you ask me.

I'd take that team over our team this year. JJ, Deron and Wallace are all great defensively. Lopez has a solid post game. JJ can shoot it from deep. Humphries and Wallace are great rebounders which makes up for Lopez's deficiency at rebounding. It's a solid squad if you ask me.

Word right now is that the deal is DONE, pending DWill decision. via @ajchawks @SekouSmithNBA