• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If JJ goes to Nets, then...

tbhawksfan

Who is the S&T int the deal and what does Ferry do next?Smith is next to go. We can't move JJ for that package and not have to move Smith. Either were rebuilding, or we get Lopez and Josh becomes very moveable.Moving Smith and JJ has been my preference for a while. I'd love to go forward with with a follow up that would move Smith for promising younger talent. Let Horford become the true leader and build a good balanced team.We could be climbing back into mid seed in 2014 and aiming higher.So who is the S&T player in JJ deal and what would we look for in the Smith trade. I'd like a nice young player and a 2013 first.

If we move JJ I doubt we move Smith. The whole reason we wanted to move Smith in the first place is that we wanted to move somebody, and we just didn't think we could move JJ's contract.

No, I think it has more to do with him being an impending free agent and like asking for a trade.

Yep. There is no reason to move Smith after moving Joe's contract. If anything, this is Danny Ferry's opportunity to smooth things out with Smith and let him now just how appreciated he is as a player.

Why do we need to smooth things out with Smith? Josh needs to be moved. I prefer him being moved over anyone on the team. JJ is overpaid we can all agree with that and that is a front office problem. Smoove is a team killer and that is an on the court problem. So f*ck trying to smooth things out with him. We need to move him. Even when he was playing great the opposing game plan was to stop JJ. What happens when JJ isn't here and teams focus on Smoove. He might shoot 38%. Playing with JJ has been beneficial for Smoove. There's a reason why even though he is overpaid, JJ is still respected around the league. If JJ is a Robin then what the hell does that make Smoove? To make matters worse he will want a max contract.
  • Like 1

Why do we need to smooth things out with Smith? Josh needs to be moved. I prefer him being moved over anyone on the team. JJ is overpaid we can all agree with that and that is a front office problem. Smoove is a team killer and that is an on the court problem. So f*ck trying to smooth things out with him. We need to move him. Even when he was playing great the opposing game plan was to stop JJ. What happens when JJ isn't here and teams focus on Smoove. He might shoot 38%. Playing with JJ has been beneficial for Smoove. There's a reason why even though he is overpaid, JJ is still respected around the league. If JJ is a Robin then what the hell does that make Smoove? To make matters worse he will want a max contract.

Then explain why Josh and the team were so effective with Joe out. Joe must have had such an impact that he was drawing double teams while sitting in street clothes on the bench.

I'll say this, getting rid of Joe just to max out Josh would be an even dumber decision than giving JJ the max in the first place.

Exactly.The thought of building a team around Josh as a first option is horrifying. However, I am confident that Danny Ferry is going to make smart basketball decisions and there is NO WAY a guy as smart as him with the basketball background he is sees Josh as a centerpiece for a championship team. He is just too smart to think way.

Chicago did well without Rose until the pressure set in.

Not only that, but we did well this year without Al too. This last regular season isn't a great one to base things off of since a lot of teams had new players and had no training camp and a lot barely even had practices. We won a lot of games because we had consistency.So I guess we are better without Al, better without Joe and the bulls are better without Rose.
  • Like 1

If we trade JJ, we won't get as much value as we would from Smoove simply because his contract is so bad. That's why if an opportunity comes up where we don't have to give up any part of the future (such as picks or whatever) to get rid of Joe's contract, we should do it. While Smoove has more value right now because of his "cap-friendly" expiring contract.

If we move JJ I doubt we move Smith. The whole reason we wanted to move Smith in the first place is that we wanted to move somebody, and we just didn't think we could move JJ's contract.

Exactly, that's why this news of a possible JJ trade completely blows our minds.

Ferry better get right of Marvin and Drew next to make it really count.

• Premium Member

Yep. There is no reason to move Smith after moving Joe's contract. If anything, this is Danny Ferry's opportunity to smooth things out with Smith and let him now just how appreciated he is as a player.

Smoove believes in his mind that he's a max contract player. This is the perfect time to build this team right. The problem ON THE COURT was not a contradiction between Joe and Josh. It was and always has been Josh and Horford. IF you keep Josh, Horf has to go... IF not, Josh should go.I would say Josh has to go because he asked to be traded and his game is not built on great fundamentals.