• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official confirmation - Hawks are talking with Orlando for Dwight

thecampster

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/07/02/nba-free-agency-steve-nash-dwight-howard-deron-williams/index.html

"

The Dwight-mare continues

LeBron James has long since passed the torch to Dwight Howard when it comes to poor public relations and the Orlando center was back at it again recently.

A source close to the situation confirmed reports that Howard requested a trade yet again Friday, telling new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan that he wanted out during a meeting in Los Angeles. The source said the Magic's ears are certainly open for business when it comes to trade calls now, and various reports indicate talks are heating up with the Hawks, Lakers and Nets.

Howard, to review, waffled his way up to the March 15 trade deadline before deciding to opt-in to the final year of his contract on the final day while claiming his "loyalty" to the organization played a part in the decision. The twists and turns of his overly-dramatic story have become difficult to keep track of, almost all of them hurting the image of a player who was once seen as one of the league's most endearing young talents.

But rest assured, all indications are that he should finally be traded soon enough. At least that's the hope from here."

I'm really thinking the reason Ferry is holding out for Brooks, is because that may be the deal breaker with Orlando. My guessJohnson to NetsThenMarvin, Brooks, Zaza, Farmar + our 2 firsts (ours and Houston's via Brooklyn) for Dwight. Teague/Jenkins/MorrowJosh/Jordan WilliamsAl/Mike ScottDwight/Petro$57 million spent - 9 under contract.

I'm really thinking the reason Ferry is holding out for Brooks, is because that may be the deal breaker with Orlando. My guessJohnson to NetsThenMarvin, Brooks, Zaza, Farmar + our 2 firsts (ours and Houston's via Brooklyn) for Dwight.Teague/Jenkins/MorrowJosh/Jordan WilliamsAl/Mike ScottDwight/Petro$57 million spent - 9 under contract.

Assuming I'm right above, that explains why we might be interested in Johnny Flynn. We'd still have our mid level exception to get one better player and have room to resign Josh/Dwight next year. Technically we could resign Kirk for whatever we wanted because he was ours. In the above deal, you could also exchange Al for Marvin/Zaza and then just be guards short.

Magic will not send D12 here without Al going the other way..I am not interested in losing Al for an 1 year rental of D12-no thanx

As far as Ferry goes-Very impressive 1st few days on the job..Even if nothing has been done yet the guy has been very active

• Like 1

Magic will not send D12 here without Al going the other way..I am not interested in losing Al for an 1 year rental of D12-no thanx

Think a minute young-un. Getting Smoove and D12 together would be like catching light-ning in a bottle. The BEST inside game in the league (defensively)...and decent on offense. The ONLY way to beat MIA for the next 3 years is with power in the paint. They will get a decent PG for nearly free next year...bank it.So...two pronged strategy...get D12 in here with Smoove and re-sign both and make a powerhouse of Atlanta for the next 5 years...or...backup plan...they both leave and we tank and rebuild. Either one is better than sitting on our arses and watching Smoove leave and slowly regressing...JMHO. Edited by DJlaysitup

I'm really thinking the reason Ferry is holding out for Brooks, is because that may be the deal breaker with Orlando. My guessJohnson to NetsThenMarvin, Brooks, Zaza, Farmar + our 2 firsts (ours and Houston's via Brooklyn) for Dwight.Teague/Jenkins/MorrowJosh/Jordan WilliamsAl/Mike ScottDwight/Petro$57 million spent - 9 under contract.

So the Nets can't get Dwight with Brooks, Farmar, firsts and Brook Lopez.......But the Hawks can with Marvin and Zaza.....Yea, you didn't really think that one through. Ferry is holding out because he's trading an All Star for a pure salary dump and wants at least one young prospect in return for face saving purposes and a lil value, not because he's trying to pull the trigger on some other convoluted deal.
  • Like 1

Think a minute young-un. Getting Smoove and D12 together would be like catching light-ning in a bottle. The BEST inside game in the league (defensively)...and decent on offense.

So...two pronged strategy...get D12 in here with Smoove and re-sign both and make a powerhouse of Atlanta for the next 6 years...or...backup plan...they both leave and we tank and rebuild. Either one is better than sitting on our arses and watching Smoove leave...JMHO.

If they could get this to work out I am all for it...But losing Al then everyone else is a big hit mate..

And I wish I was still a youngin..lmao Posted Image My joints say otherwise

Edited by savwboy

Howard just stated again that he will not resign with any team that is not on his list.http://t.co/61yH3ysr

First thing I don't believe all day??? Josh also wants to leave right? Have you ever seen the things he posts on his FB/Twitter....pictures of Hawks' hats, team logos, etc.You bring Dwight home to the ATL, create the financial flexibility to resign Josh for a fair salary, create flexibility to bring in a good SF and or upgrade the PG and Dwight will sign here. He just wants the ring, legitimacy, appreciation. That's all any athlete wants.

If they could get this to work out I am all for it...But losing Al then everyone else is a big hit mate..

And I wish I was still a youngin..lmao Posted Image My joints say otherwise

I'm getting creaky myself - that's why I want to see action...I can do another rebuild if I have to before I give out.

First thing I don't believe all day???Josh also wants to leave right? Have you ever seen the things he posts on his FB/Twitter....pictures of Hawks' hats, team logos, etc.You bring Dwight home to the ATL, create the financial flexibility to resign Josh for a fair salary, create flexibility to bring in a good SF and or upgrade the PG and Dwight will sign here. He just wants the ring, legitimacy, appreciation. That's all any athlete wants.

Bring in Dwight - and then you gotta do the deals - you (Hawks) F it up you missed another - but at least you had a chance for a year.

Howard just stated again that he will not resign with any team that is not on his list.

http://t.co/61yH3ysr

On the other hand...from the article:

"Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."

Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets"

I've had a gut feeling all along that the Billionaire Russian Owner of the Nets has tons of ways to funnel 20 or 30 million extra along to a guy like D12. Phoney overseas real estate transactions, "no lose" businesses, or even direct unmarked bank accounts in Switzerland.

These guys don't care about our rules and they don't have to....(meaning the overseas operatives).

Edited by DJlaysitup

On the other hand...from the article:

"Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."

Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets"

I've had a gut feeling all along that the Billionaire Russian Owner of the Nets has tons of ways to funnel 20 or 30 million extra along to a guy like D12. Phoney overseas real estate transactions, "no lose" businesses, or even direct unmarked bank accounts in Switzerland.

These guys don't care about our rules and they don't have to....(meaning the overseas operatives).

Teenage Dwight disagrees....LOL

not gone lie if we give up horford, marvin, and some other pieces i can see D12 being a hawk.now him staying is yet to be determined!HOWEVER....lets analyze a second if Howard does come I know for a fact that Ferry will tell the owners to get ready to go over the lux tax and when you are willing to do that you are willing to become elite and do whatever it takes to win.The ASG has never really had reason into spending in the lux tax but if howard is here that changes. They will have no prob spending money in the lux tax and ferry will provide players around Howard year 1!Yeah if Ferry can just get D12 here I have all the confidence he will extend his contract with the hawks along with his best friend J smoove!Now also remember that if we get Howard after johnson is traded to the nets. I highly doubt Deron Williams will rejoin the nets if we act quickly as soon as we trade johnson away. Then the nets are screwed! No deron big contract they have to take on from jj and the hawks hit homerun with teague, smith, D12 and added assets who will love to come to ATL.Man Ferry has to get Brooks from the nets...Brooks makes this deal go! its obvious!

• Like 1

Dayum!! Does this Danny guy ever sleep?! He is in everybody's business. I don't think we've had a Hawks GM actually work this much before. This is something we've never seen before. The Hawks GM position is usually one where retreads come to collect easy money for retirement. Even if nothing happens, I loving this guys activity.

Damn this is exciting yet true! Ferry is not joking around he understands that the hawks can offer the magic the best offer on the table for Dwight even better than LA!

UNDERSTAND THIS: Do you realize if Ferry can get the nets to include Marshon Brooks that trade will instantly get Howard from the Magic!...Its simple look at the offers compared to the hawks if this trade happens!

If Johnson is traded to the nets for Marshon Brooks and a Bunch of other scrubs

ATL can offer the Magic:

Horford (2 time all star center), Marshon Brooks (promising SG), Marvin Williams (mediocore SF but they still got Turk) and throw in zaza if needed (high energy solid backup) to Magic for D12

-hands down best deal they are going to get cause no other team is giving them a all-star center in return with very decent bench players not even LA!

LA 's offer

-only offering Bynum straight up....the magic wont get much from LA! no way LA gives the Magic Gasol and Bynum! and the Magic dont want World Peace Im sure.

Bynum, McRoberts, Eyenga to the Magic for D12

NETS best offer

Brook Lopez (injury prone), and probably Gerald Wallace, some other scrub to Magic for D12

-Im sure the nets would include Humpries but they would have to sign him back and if they did offer the magic that it would leave them then for BIG MEN

Any ways as you can see the Hawks can give the Magic a 2 time All star who's a top 6 or 7 center in the nba and also a up and coming promising player in marshon Brooks along with 2 Bench players Marvin williams and high energy zaza pachulia! Yeah I see why they are in deep talks with the Hawks we give them the best offer as long as Marshon Comes to the Hawks!

Ferry pulls this off and I will believe that we have the BEST GM in the NBA

You know what let me add this to my last post......SCREW THE NETS...just thought about it! If Ferry really wants howard he can get him from the Magic without giving Johnson to the Nets!If Magic can take on Gilbert Arenas horrible contract than I know they will take on Joe's! Atleast Joe can give you 17 or 18 points per game! Arenas couldnt do squat for the Magic!Man this gets better and better!Johnson and Al Horford along with Marvin Williams is THE BEST Offer the Magic can get for D12!Now thats Hands down on that one! Magic gets 2 all stars for D 12of course they would have to send something back because of Johnsons HUGE contract...and that would have to be Turkif they insist we throw in Marvin they have to give us Jason Richardson, JJ reddick, Davis, or DuhonFerry get something done please! I dont care if it's a 1 year rentalP.S. I would personally take JJ reddick or Davis Backtrade:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine