Official confirmation - Hawks are talking with Orlando for Dwight

thecampster

• Premium Member

I'm really thinking the reason Ferry is holding out for Brooks, is because that may be the deal breaker with Orlando. My guessJohnson to NetsThenMarvin, Brooks, Zaza, Farmar + our 2 firsts (ours and Houston's via Brooklyn) for Dwight.Teague/Jenkins/MorrowJosh/Jordan WilliamsAl/Mike ScottDwight/Petro$57 million spent - 9 under contract.

Puff puff pass.Orlando doesn't talk to us unless Al or Smoove is in the deal. Prolly Al.

• Premium Member

From the Dieselputer....

Just a guess here.

First trade:

Joe for Petro, Farmer, Morrow, Brooks, and Williams

We take all the players they have under contract because....they are making space in Brooklyn too.

2nd trade:

Al, Marvin, Zaza, and Brooks for D-12 and Turk.

What we will have left...

Teague, Farmer,

Morrow, Jenkins

Hedo, J. Williams

Josh, Ivan

D-12, Petro,

With Josh and D-12 on the team, I'm sure that some FA will look this way.

Preferably a ball handling SG??

maybe a Jodie Meeks or The Crawford!

From the Dieselputer....

Just a guess here.

First trade:

Joe for Petro, Farmer, Morrow, Brooks, and Williams

We take all the players they have under contract because....they are making space in Brooklyn too.

2nd trade:

Al, Marvin, Zaza, and Brooks for D-12 and Turk.

What we will have left...

Teague, Farmer,

Morrow, Jenkins

Hedo, J. Williams

Josh, Ivan

D-12, Petro,

With Josh and D-12 on the team, I'm sure that some FA will look this way.

Preferably a ball handling SG??

maybe a Jodie Meeks or The Crawford!

That team couldn't even get to the first round.
  • Like 1

You know what let me add this to my last post......SCREW THE NETS...just thought about it! If Ferry really wants howard he can get him from the Magic without giving Johnson to the Nets!If Magic can take on Gilbert Arenas horrible contract than I know they will take on Joe's! Atleast Joe can give you 17 or 18 points per game! Arenas couldnt do squat for the Magic!Man this gets better and better!Johnson and Al Horford along with Marvin Williams is THE BEST Offer the Magic can get for D12!Now thats Hands down on that one! Magic gets 2 all stars for D 12of course they would have to send something back because of Johnsons HUGE contract...and that would have to be Turkif they insist we throw in Marvin they have to give us Jason Richardson, JJ reddick, Davis, or DuhonFerry get something done please! I dont care if it's a 1 year rentalP.S. I would personally take JJ reddick or Davis Backtrade:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Yeah i'd take big baby as too. We need a back up PG too though.

lets say we get d12 for all of that. poor free throw shooters by the way, prolly make playooffs again and lose again. then both josh and d12 will be free agents and both leave, then who are you left with? teague and a bunch of scrubs, lottery for years to come.

lol you fantasy boys continue to amuse me

It's as if Dwight himself needs to go door to door at their houses, ask to come into the parlor, sit down, clasp their hands in his, lean in close and whisper into their ear "look, I want no part of your #%@$%#^ team. Now have a good night and God bless." for them to get the message.
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

We aren't getting Howard. The guy keeps making it very well known the only team he'll resign with are the Nets. Hence just like with Carmelo the Magic have zero leverage and the Nets know it. That is why they are going to get Joe for peanuts because they know we want his contract off the books and Deron wants Joe. You get Joe and trade for Howard and you resign Deron and suddenly you have the most balanced big 3 in basketball.

Josh Smith for Dwight

• Moderators

oh and adding to the above post ^^^^^^^^ of course we amnesty Turk's contract either now or later!This is a sweeeeeet deal!

You only can amnesty players that were signed to the team during the last CBA. Any traded-for players are exempt from amnesty, so we couldn't amnesty Turk. Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

Does Brooklyn have enough money to sign Dwight next year?

• Premium Member

Does Brooklyn have enough money to sign Dwight next year?

Once he becomes a Net, they will. I think it's safe to say at this point that Dwight will finish the last year of his current deal in Brooklyn.

Once he becomes a Net, they will. I think it's safe to say at this point that Dwight will finish the last year of his current deal in Brooklyn.

Not likely if Joe is traded there. The whole Joe deal is predicated around Dwight f***ing up by waiving his ETO like a dumbass and therefore not entering the 2012 free agent class. Brooklyn has been trying to get the same deal done with the same assets and Orlando hasn't budged so faced with going into a brand new arena they can't damage their brand and tank another season waiting for Dwight to be a free agent. In comes Joe, get him and Wallace locked in with Deron and they at least managed a very respectable team for the future even if it was plan B. If the Magic later on want to get a deal done for Lopez and Kris Humphries then even better but right now it looks like the Nets are riding hard to have a competitive team already at the opening of Barclays Arena.

• Premium Member

Not likely if Joe is traded there. The whole Joe deal is predicated around Dwight f***ing up by waiving his ETO like a dumbass and therefore not entering the 2012 free agent class. Brooklyn has been trying to get the same deal done with the same assets and Orlando hasn't budged so faced with going into a brand new arena they can't damage their brand and tank another season waiting for Dwight to be a free agent. In comes Joe, get him and Wallace locked in with Deron and they at least managed a very respectable team for the future even if it was plan B. If the Magic later on want to get a deal done for Lopez and Kris Humphries then even better but right now it looks like the Nets are riding hard to have a competitive team already at the opening of Barclays Arena.

I think we're on the same page here. I know they wouldn't be able to sign him as a free agent if they acquire Joe. But, they would be able to re-sign him if he is traded there before his current deal expires which I think will happen now that he's made it known he won't sign with anyone else.

• Moderators

oh and adding to the above post ^^^^^^^^ of course we amnesty Turk's contract either now or later!This is a sweeeeeet deal!

Just to throw in a bit of cold water, you can't amnesty Turk's contract unless you are Orlando. You can only amnesty guys who were under contract with you when the last CBA was signed. You can't use it on players traded to you.

You only can amnesty players that were signed to the team during the last CBA. Any traded-for players are exempt from amnesty, so we couldn't amnesty Turk.

I should have just said: "this."