• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lopez nearing deal to re-sign for max with Nets

Admin

Interesting that this free agent signing with another team not named "Hawks" remains on the homecourt forum. *looks at thread starter*

LOL certainly even a Jamal Crawford Fanboy like you can figure out why its in the homecourt forum. Maybe Campster can break down in intimate detail why its on here...

It is as bad as when we gave Joe $120 million.

No. It might be bad, but you have to try really hard to sign a worse deal than JJ's.

Interesting that this free agent signing with another team not named "Hawks" remains on the homecourt forum. *looks at thread starter*

Is this a joke?

• Premium Member

can't get anything past you dude

That but also because I noticed the Rashard Lewis signing with Heat thread was moved even though he was more directly involved with us ;-)

I don't think that Rashard was more directly involved because if memory serves he never even worked out for us... Whereas the Lopez signing directly impacts a trade that we're working on!

• Premium Member

All this banter is probably posturing between the Magic and the Nets. I'll say this, I do like Brook Lopez. He's a good player, but he's not a max player and I just don't get how the Magic will be willing to pay him that when they know he isn't.

• Moderators

Nets are starting look a little foolish now... You guys are talking about signing Lopez to a max deal is worse than JJ's contract... The funny thing is that the Nets would be taking on BOTH of these contracts. To me, Lopez is worth about $12-15 mil/year. Truth of the matter, the dude can score and at the end of the game, the only thing that matters is the scoreboard, not rebound totals or block totals... The only thing I'm iffy on is that he IS injury-prone. Not saying he is worth a max deal because I believe the only players deserving on a max deal are the LeBron's and Kobe's of the world. You don't hand over a max deal just because someone's feeling got hurt due to you trying to trade them. It's a business and players should understand that... Okay, rambling over. Posted Image

Nets are starting look a little foolish now... You guys are talking about signing Lopez to a max deal is worse than JJ's contract... The funny thing is that the Nets would be taking on BOTH of these contracts. To me, Lopez is worth about $12-15 mil/year. Truth of the matter, the dude can score and at the end of the game, the only thing that matters is the scoreboard, not rebound totals or block totals... The only thing I'm iffy on is that he IS injury-prone. Not saying he is worth a max deal because I believe the only players deserving on a max deal are the LeBron's and Kobe's of the world. You don't hand over a max deal just because someone's feeling got hurt due to you trying to trade them. It's a business and players should understand that... Okay, rambling over. Posted Image

A max deal for Lopez would start in the $12-$15 million range. Vastly different than the $19-$20 million max deal range!

I don't think that Rashard was more directly involved because if memory serves he never even worked out for us... Whereas the Lopez signing directly impacts a trade that we're PRAYING FOR !!!

Fixed lol
  • Like 1

Nets have no choice...b/c if someone signs Lopez to an offer sheet then all their plans are dead on arrival...If I'm the Nets I forgot about Howard and sign Lopez to a 4 year / 40mill contract...

Lopez has them by their rocks.

I don't think that Rashard was more directly involved because if memory serves he never even worked out for us... Whereas the Lopez signing directly impacts a trade that we're working on!

So news of him being a free agent interest for us is less credible than interest in Dwight via Lopez? Less sexy, sure, but just as relevant.

So news of him being a free agent interest for us is less credible than interest in Dwight via Lopez? Less sexy, sure, but just as relevant.

No I don't think it's as relevant... and as soon as the Lopez/Howard/etc. situation is resolved I will move all of those threads to the other forum as well. And come on nothing is more relevant and important to us right now than something that directly affects our ability to trade for Dwight.