• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are the Hawks still in the running for Howard?

PaceRam

Seems like most of the articles I have recently been reading don't say much about the Hawks being serious contenders for Dwight Howard. Does anyone know if the Hawks still are still legitimate contenders for Howard or does it look like he is going to end up with the Nets, Lakers or Rockets? I would think that with the friendships that he has with Josh Smith & Anthony Morrow and the fact that the Hawks could send the Magic quality players in Al Horford (and, the fact that Horford had a great college career not too far from Orlando in Gainesville would seem to be something for the Magic to consider) and Jeff Teague (and, more players and draft picks if needed) that the Hawks would be a great trading partner for the Magic (but, I guess none of that really matters if Dwight Howard is dead set on going to the Nets). I guess it is really a LONG SHOT right now but I am still holding out hope that the Hawks can work out a deal with the Magic for Howard!

The only real chance the Lakers' have on getting Dwight is if the 3-team trade that sends Dwight to LA, Bynum to Houston, and Houston's first round picks from this past draft plus a pick or two from both teams goes through. That aside, I believe Houston is our biggest threat. They can offer Royce White, Jeremy Lamb, or Terrence Jones, as well as other young players and future draft picks. That would be Orlando's best bet if they're truly trying to rebuild. If they don't want to start completely from scratch however, we have the best package.We could offer them something like Horford/Zaza/our two first round draft picks this year. This would allow us to get Dwight, as well as take back Jason Richardson's contract, which the Magic would appreciate. I don't know if they want Teague, as they've just signed Jameer. If Teague is a dealbreaker they can have him. If Dwight gets traded to a team other than us however, we should hope it is Houston. Even with Dwight, I can't see them competing next year, and Dwight's options about where to walk in free agency next year will be limited. Can't go to the Nets or Lakers unless you're looking to play for the MLE (which I highly doubt). Atlanta would provide Dwight the best chance to win a championship with (Plus Josh Smith is on the team).

Well, do you want to the pretty lie or ugly truth?For the Ugly Truth is that boat almost sell off, that three ORL/HOU/LAL does what the Magic wants clear cap space, getting young players, and getting some good draft picks, even know that they will be out of the playoffs for a while and they would make another superteam out west but even know that Hawks is still in it but it most like they have to impressed the Magic FO (want to follow the Thunder model) with a package of Al/Draft Picks and others.For Pretty Lie,.......................i cant do itBut then again, things can change in a blink in the eye. So still have faith.

It's extremely unlikely that the Hawks land Howard.Also, it is extremely unlikely that the Hawks are ever able to trade Marvin or Joe's contracts.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's extremely unlikely that the Hawks land Howard.

Also, it is extremely unlikely that the Hawks are ever able to trade Marvin or Joe's contracts.

Posted Image

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Its according to what the Hawks are actually offering...................if Danny Ferry is not including Horford the answer is NO.If Ferry is offering Horford then the answer is yes and likely a deal will be made.

Its according to what the Hawks are actually offering...................if Danny Ferry is not including Horford the answer is NO. If Ferry is offering Horford then the answer is yes and likely a deal will be made.

I guess it depends on what Orlando really wants. Do they want to keep their bad contracts but pick up some nice young assets in Horford and Teague plus a couple of picks? Or do they want to completely wipe the slate clean and have us take their bad contracts along with Dwight? Because if that's the case then we'd be keeping Horford and sending them the Nets expiring players plus some picks. Horford could then be used in another deal to fill out the roster.

But in reality Houston can be the Hawks deal and that is good and bad because now Houston can shipped him off to LAL for Byunm, plus since Asik offer was match by the Bulls, see Rockets pushing this harder.Jason McLaed ‏@InsiderJayNBALA has dropped out of the running due to lack of commitment from Howard, won't gamble Bynum on that. HOU confident they'll get Howard. I dont know how old it is but if this is true then.

Edited by NekiEcko

• Premium Member

After Ferry's latest move (Sweet Lou) I believe we are. We were not in the market for a PG.. We proved that when we traded Farmar. For us to go and get a 6th man... tells me that either Teague or Harris is leaving. I would guess Teague. Also, I think Orlando is in a full rebuild and Brooklyn has given them to the end of the day to make a deal. I don't think Orlando wants Lopez at a Max or near Max contract but they do want the picks????? So here's the deal.. We will prolly fold and get D-12, JRich for Horf, Teague, Zaza, and some picks. I'm not mad. I would like to follow that up with a sign and trade of Kaman as a BU.What we can compete with this season is:D-12, Kaman, PetroJosh, Ivan, Jordan, 2nd rounder.JRich,Morrow, JenkinsHarris, LouI'm prolly forgetting somebody. The reason I would take Kaman is that we're not sure if D-12 can start the season off for us. I would like somebody who can play.

• Premium Member

After Ferry's latest move (Sweet Lou) I believe we are. We were not in the market for a PG.. We proved that when we traded Farmar. For us to go and get a 6th man... tells me that either Teague or Harris is leaving. I would guess Teague. Also, I think Orlando is in a full rebuild and Brooklyn has given them to the end of the day to make a deal. I don't think Orlando wants Lopez at a Max or near Max contract but they do want the picks????? So here's the deal.. We will prolly fold and get D-12, JRich for Horf, Teague, Zaza, and some picks. I'm not mad. I would like to follow that up with a sign and trade of Kaman as a BU. What we can compete with this season is: D-12, Kaman, Petro Josh, Ivan, Jordan, 2nd rounder. JRich, Morrow, Jenkins Harris, Lou I'm prolly forgetting somebody. The reason I would take Kaman is that we're not sure if D-12 can start the season off for us. I would like somebody who can play.

Great post but.... I sure hope you're wrong. Compete for what? A playoff certificate perhaps....the same playoff certificate that more than 50% of the league gets.

With deals with the Nets, Lakers and Rockets seemingly getting more complicated could the Hawks chances of completing a deal with the Magic be getting more possible or are the Hawks not offering enough or could the Magic be hesitant about trading with them since they are in the same division? I am beginning to think the Magic won't consider trading Howard to the Hawks because they are in the same division (which, I can't really blame them for thinking that way!) but I hope I am wrong.