Latest Articles from Orlando Sentinel

phoostal

Here are the latest articles from the 3 Magic writers from the Orlando Sentinelhttp://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-11/sports/os-magic-trade-dwight-howard-0712-20120711_1_brook-lopez-brooklyn-nets-rob-henniganhttp://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2012/07/new-magic-gm-shows-dwight-howard-who-is-boss.htmlhttp://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-11/sports/os-orlando-magic-summer-league-2012-schmitz-column-20120711_1_dwight-howard-brook-lopez-gm-rob-henniganWhat you will notice in all these articles is that the Hawks are not mentioned in any of the articles. Just the Lakers and Rockets. Either Ferry is great at playing poker or we really aren't a serious contender for Howard. Who knows story keeps changing hour by hour.

• Premium Member

I have to believe with Ferry getting so many Atlanta connections and three point guys that his ultimate goal is landing Howard.

You have to believe? I think he is just collecting as much available undervalued talent as he can.

• Moderators

Nobody ever seems to consider the fact that we are in the same division as the Magic. It seems pretty unrealistic that they'd trade him here for that reason alone. Maybe local and national media factors that in?

I thought about that and they are probably skewed away from wanting to form another super-team within the same division, especially a team that has OWNED them for the past few seasons, but they would still be the third best team in the division with the 'Cats and Wiz.

Orlando naturally resists a trade with Atlanta. Doing so would put yet another divisional foe way ahead of them. Having said that, Horford is the best thing for what is ailing the Magic. They must feel that to their bones. My belief is that the Hawks have low balled the Magic. I really don't believe that Ferry will give up the shop for one player. The accumulation of seemingly redundant players may have something to do with a future trade. I just don't think that the true trade target is Howard. I suspect that Ferry made a trade offer thinking that he should try to steal Howard. Why not?

• Moderators

My belief is that the Hawks have low balled the Magic. I really don't believe that Ferry will give up the shop for one player. The accumulation of seemingly redundant players may have something to do with a future trade. I just don't think that the true trade target is Howard. I suspect that Ferry made a trade offer thinking that he should try to steal Howard. Why not?

Why trade away arguably the best player on the Hawks roster for a guy that could possibly leave, when you can just wait a year and take your chances in FAncy? Have our cake and eat it too. If Dwight is meant to be in a Hawks uni, it will happen. IMO, all Ferry offered was probable Zaza+Teague+2 1st. The Magic will relive losing Shaq... As much as that fanbase is disgusted with Howard right now, I can't see the Magic going forward with Howard this season though... Something has to be done, even if they trade him for a bag of chips.