• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What I hate about Jeff Teague!

JTB

Teague's biggest problem(s) to me...

The one thing I cant stand about Teague is that too many times in games Jeffery plays with NO CONFIDENCE and is many times NOT AGGRESSIVE! In my own personnel opinion I think that is Teague's BIGGEST 2 weakness and its very very obvious when he is playing like that! The skills are there the emotions arent!

why I hate this so much when Teague is playing with no confidence or is being too passionate and not aggressive enough?

For one and maybe this is just me....even though teague will probably never become a traditional point guard that does not mean he cant be a great scoring point guard, playmaking point guard, and a potential all star point guard one day!

i mean its really irking me cause when the guy plays at the top of his game i mean damn must i explain! You saw that bulls series in the playoff against the mvp rose! Teague was going toe to toe with the mvp!

Teague could be our next star in the making

Though I am high on the kid there is no question about his potential and usually when trades come up Teagues name is always behind horford or smith's! Its a fact that other teams would love to have him and mold him into a star. I know that if Teague ever gets more comfortable and he plays aggressive and shows passion every game instead of some games he can truly be a all star player one day! Teague has the skills to be in the talks with the Ty Lawsons of the NBA and if he plays his cards right he can def be in the talks with rondo, rose, and westbrook especially if he has another great playoff series like that one against the bulls!

(I just see a star potential player who isnt motivated every game or is easily taken out his game for whatever reason and performs too passionate for his skill set and i will continue to think this way until i see a difference in him in the games. for now harris should start or will end up starting due to Teague's Passionate play!)

and let me say this in BIG RED letters cause I want this to stand out even if Teague never gets in the convo of the other great pg's of the league I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IF AARON BROOKS(who played in houston before he went overseas) CAN BE THE MAIN OFFENSIVE WEAPON ON HIS TEAM DROPPING 20 A GAME WITH 5 ASSIST SURELY TEAGUE CAN DO THIS!!!!

I like LD but this is when I have problems with our coaching! Why do we have players not playing hard! or looking scared, or playing passionate, or whatever! I dont get it!Hell if teague has a breakout year there's no telling the future of the hawks! If he has a breakout year alot of things change really. i mean if dude gets 17/5 like harris did on the nets a few years back, screw getting CP3!but of course that is only a dream at the moment anyways!

You must have forgotten about the many time Josh Smith yelled at the guy for scoring 20+ point and not passing the ball to him and Joe

huh i didnt forget but are you sure smith is yelling at him because he is scoring points? if so something needs to be done about that.

• Premium Member

huh i didnt forget but are you sure smith is yelling at him because he is scoring points? if so something needs to be done about that.

Yep! Told Teague to stop shooting and to get the ball to the team's play makers

Yep! Told Teague to stop shooting and to get the ball to the team's play makers

huh....thats smith for you! i saw the yelling but i thought it was about defense. Edited by JTB

i agree and he didn't start doing that at all till Smith called him out about not passing enough early last year. but I believe he'll get out of that this year with him being the most seasoned Hawk guard (i mean by time in ATL) since everyone is new and Joe isn't here to demand the ball anymore. this being his second year as a key contributor will do wonders for him.

Teague not being aggressive enough is the most overdone topic going. I would rather Teague be economical with his play than Josh be as ineffective as he is offensively but still get all the leadway in the world.

Sat down next to the court behind the visiting bench about 20 games last year. Every game I heard josh yell about giving him the $*%& ball and Joe the $*&% ball.All it took was ONE miss and it would begin....subside when he made them...start right back up when he missed them. Josh will naturally get more shots so hopefully this will help with Josh's problems.DON"T get me wrong I LOVE SMITH. Great player...could be even better if he played 85% of his game within 18 feet of the basket.

• Premium Member

I'll sit back and wait for this to turn into an anti-Josh thread.

If LD has the support of Ferry he should be alright and should be able to be a more effective coach. There are no expectations on LD this year and if Ferry's vision thru LD translates on the court LD will be OK, if not he is a goner.

I'll sit back and wait for this to turn into an anti-Josh thread.

No, this was a thread about not liking Teague's level of aggressiveness. It is understandable that he would be intimidated with Smith yelling at him and calling him out on numerous occasions.

I'll say this, if Teague doesn't take the next step in his development in terms of directing LD's offensive game plan and not going into a shell when yelled at he will not be part of ferry's plan going forward. With a full training camp and the past year under his belt and Ferry saying he is going to have the ball a lot, I'm hoping the young man is ready.

I'll say this, if Teague doesn't take the next step in his development in terms of directing LD's offensive game plan and not going into a shell when yelled at he will not be part of ferry's plan going forward. With a full training camp and the past year under his belt and Ferry saying he is going to have the ball a lot, I'm hoping the young man is ready.

If Teague does not receive public support from LD (by telling Smith to shut up, or better yet benching him for conduct detrimental to the team), then he has no reason to believe his position is secure. Someone needs to tell Josh to shut his mouth. He might have room to yell if he played within himself, but he doesn't. Therefore, shut your mouth Smoob.

If Teague does not receive public support from LD (by telling Smith to shut up, or better yet benching him for conduct detrimental to the team), then he has no reason to believe his position is secure. Someone needs to tell Josh to shut his mouth. He might have room to yell if he played within himself, but he doesn't. Therefore, shut your mouth Smoob.

It's not only about Josh yelling at him - As the PG he has to step up plain and simple. He has gotten Ferry's support that is all he needs.

• Moderators

Can I throw another log on the fire?I postulate that Jeff takes himself out of games mentally as soon as ANYTHING happens to get his adrenaline pumping.Not just scuffles with opponents or getting chewed out by teammates, I'm thinking of whenever he has a highlight-reel play. I'm hurting to come up with examples, but most prominent for me last season was in March when he dunked over Ray Allen and did a big ol' King-Kong-ain't-got-nuthin-on-me scream. The rest of the game after that, he was a hot mess. He loses focus after stuff like that. (EDIT: I forgot about the corner-3-block on Keyon Dooling in Game 2... didn't he regress after that first half?)I think medication could help him out, but I think he deliberately tries to stay low-key because once something gets his gander up it's hard for him to get back to even keel.~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3