• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hind sight

DrReality

Even if he shoots and makes 8 3s a night I worry how bad he'll be at defending the wings will prevent him from being more than a bench guy. I worry he'll be a guy who only eats possessions and gets abused on defensePerry Jones is said to have been red flagged to have around 4 years on his knees ala Brandon Roy. I'm more mad about Mike Scott (who?) over Kyle O'Quinn. Scott seems like the same kind of player, weak defender, but with less range. I dont see him as even as a backup. O'Quinn could guard and score from 2 spots, Pf, and C.

Looking back on the draft, if we had known of the trades to come, would you have drafted Perry jones for the three spot. Jenkins is a nice catch but is a duplicate with our other sg's Thoughts

I have a feeling we are going to mess this young man's career up because it is obvious that he is destined to be a six man scoring option in this league. The problem is Lou Williams is a better option. Hopefully he will overachieve and become a starter, because if he doesn't he won't get much playing time. We have to many good players ahead of him like Morrow, Korver, Lou, Stevenson,Harris. And if we get another 3 or start Josh at the 3, his playing time at the 2 will suffer even more. He needs to pray that there will be some more trades before the season starts.

I have a feeling we are going to mess this young man's career up because it is obvious that he is destined to be a six man scoring option in this league. The problem is Lou Williams is a better option. Hopefully he will overachieve and become a starter, because if he doesn't he won't get much playing time. We have to many good players ahead of him like Morrow, Korver, Lou, Stevenson,Harris. And if we get another 3 or start Josh at the 3, his playing time at the 2 will suffer even more. He needs to pray that there will be some more trades before the season starts.

He's going to get plenty of PT. Just maybe not this year. I doubt we'll resign Morrow and Stevenson next year. Plus John could possible be start this year. He should only have problems guarding guys like Kobe or D-wade and everybody haves trouble guarding those guy. His defense is good enough not to be a liability.

• Moderators

I want no part of PJ3 after doing research on the guy... His shelf life in the NBA is going to be short and he isn't going to give you the All-Star seasons that Roy did. I'm happy with Jenkins. I see Jenkins as our starting 2 guard in about 3 years. He'll be on the same development course as Teague in which he'll sit out most of this upcoming season, play limited minutes in his second year, and explode his third year and ends up becoming our starting SG by seasons end. His defense will develop as will the rest of his game, so I am not worried. Not saying he'll develop into a lockdown defensive guard, but this isn't the best he will be. Plus, he is a guy that fits the Hawks system. A lot of people are saying he is the next Dell Curry and I have been saying he reminds me of Kevin Martin. I would not mind either of those guys being on a Hawks roster at one point in time. Even knowing Curry came off of the bench most of his career, I believe Jenkins will start a lot of games for us due in part that we really don't have an answer at that position currently and believe the plan is to develop Jenkins to be a starter. The Hawks brought in NVE for Teague, maybe they need to give Curry a call and see if he is interested in developing Jenkins...

My guy was his teammate . . Jeffrey Taylor . . who is a SF. I liked Taylor over Jenkins because he was a better athlete and a better defender, while still being able to give you shooting from the outside. He's not as good of a shooter as Jenkins, but he is an above average shooter.But yeah. If I knew we were going to trade JJ AND Marvin within 48 hours of each other, and bring in nothing but guards and spot-up shooters, I'd rather have Taylor here than Jenkins.

• Admin

Looking back on the draft, if we had known of the trades to come, would you have drafted Perry jones for the three spot. Jenkins is a nice catch but is a duplicate with our other sg's Thoughts

I was wanting jones too. I think okc got a real steal. He will have a hard time getting pt there though playing behind Durant.