• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why do all of my posts get blown out of proportion?

ATLscrubLove

Joe isn't trash but he didn't live up to expectations. He is more of a solid 2-3 option on a team. Kinda like when he was with the Suns.

Joe not ever living up to expectations was never a question in my mind. U stated that the Hawks players were trash and I am just saying that, that statement is just simply not true. But you are right Joe is not a number a number 1.

• Moderators

Having Joe as our number one option for the past seven seasons is why the Hawks couldn't fill up the Philips Arena. Also, we are not getting Dwight next season or Paul, so we can forget that idea and move on to Plan D and just tank and magically draft a superstar. Also, we should fire Danny Ferry for not trading for Dwight and getting rid of Joe's very reasonable contract. lmao, now let's see how off topic we can get! Dance puppets, dance!

Having Joe as our number one option for the past seven seasons is why the Hawks couldn't fill up the Philips Arena. Also, we are not getting Dwight next season or Paul, so we can forget that idea and move on to Plan D and just tank and magically draft a superstar. Also, we should fire Danny Ferry for not trading for Dwight and getting rid of Joe's very reasonable contract. lmao, now let's see how off topic we can get! Dance puppets, dance!

We have to have faith at least for the original plan A for Dwight and Paul. Hopefully it will happen though it is doubtful. Plus plan D won't even work, the Hawks don't really know how to draft.

• Moderators

I guess you would have to define what you mean by superstar, we all know that Duncan played like a superstar, but is/was he by definition a super star? But yes the guy is a true Hall of Famer and deserves to be mentioned as one of the best at his position.

For my purposes, I am talking about play on the floor and impact on his team. If you are talking about marketing flash, then that is indeed a different discussion. In that marketing discussion, Iverson >> Duncan. On the floor, Duncan >> Iverson.

• Premium Member

Sometimes we forget how good A.I. was. He single-handily took this team to the finals.

2001 76ers

Allen Iverson

Dikembe Mutombo

Eric Snow

Aaron McKie

Tyrone Hill

Matt Geiger

Raja Bell

Todd MacCulloch

Jumaine Jones

Kevin Ollie

Rodney Buford

George Lynch

C'mon man...look at that team!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

Sometimes we forget how good A.I. was. He single-handily took this team to the finals.

2001 76ers

Allen Iverson

Dikembe Mutombo

Eric Snow

Aaron McKie

Tyrone Hill

Matt Geiger

Raja Bell

Todd MacCulloch

Jumaine Jones

Kevin Ollie

Rodney Buford

George Lynch

Who was their competition in the east though? We think the east is bad now... Other than AI though that team has some great defenders.

2001 76ers

Allen Iverson

Dikembe Mutombo

Eric Snow

Aaron McKie

Tyrone Hill

Matt Geiger

Raja Bell

Todd MacCulloch

Jumaine Jones

Kevin Ollie

Rodney Buford

George Lynch

Maybe so. But A.I. couldn't hold Timmy's jock. It's amazing to me that Duncan can still be underrated while being so respected. The dude's the best 4 to play the game.

• Moderators

Who was their competition in the east though? We think the east is bad now... Other than AI though that team has some great defenders.

The East was pitiful at that time and Dikembe was a huge part of that team (which was full of lock down defenders). Tim Duncan with a guard version of Dikembe (i.e., one of the 5 guards in the league) gets to the finals in the East too. I will give Iverson kudos for that season, though. His 42% fg% was unusually high that year. Edited by AHF

I guess you would have to define what you mean by superstar, we all know that Duncan played like a superstar, but is/was he by definition a super star? But yes the guy is a true Hall of Famer and deserves to be mentioned as one of the best at his position.

Duncan was a superstar for anybody except those that judge it based on flash and personality Duncan was a top 2 pf for a decade and is one of the top 10 or so pfs of all time He just isn't flashy, nor are the spurs as a team...but he was 100% a superstar...especially when you are using the term to discuss the kind of player we need to get in order to contend
  • Like 1