• Raised $390 of $700 target

Starting lineup?

AHawks89

PG:Teague

SG:Stevenson

SF:Korver

PF:Smoove

C:Boss

What do you think of this line up? I'm not to sure how I feel with Korver playing against some of the SF's in the NBA. I think we will have 2 or 3 starting line ups, depending on the match ups.

Coach Larry Drew said he still hasn’t decided which players will dress for Sunday’s exhibition opener against the Heat at Philips Arena. Game time is 2 p.m. There will be no television coverage (as with all preseason games) and no radio coverage. I believe the only radio coverage during the preseason will be the final two games – Oct. 20 vs. Dallas and Oct. 26 at Detroit.

Drew would also not disclose his starting lineup for the game. My guess would be that the lineup looks a lot like one of the practice groups from Saturday. The white group consisted of Jeff Teague (PG), DeShawn Stevenson (SG), Kyle Korver (SF), Josh Smith (PF) and Al Horford ©. While Anthony Toliver also wore white, the first five were on the floor as coaches went over game-planning for the Heat. Drew would say that in addition to returning starters Teague, Smith and Horford that Korver and Stevenson will “play a big role for us this season.”

More of the article:

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/10/06/atlanta-hawks-practice-report-starting-lineup-preview/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

• Admin

Jenkins probably won't get much pt this seasonI keep reading that korver is an underrated defender.Although I agree that he should not be the starter. However, he is really the only sf we have.

Edited by capstone21

• Admin

...he was drafted for our future. He is currently a one deminsional player and will need to learn the game. We have a lot of shooters already so I think his chance will probably come next season. I could be wrong but most rookies are not ready the first season.

I agree most rookies need to learn the nba their first year but i watched him play last year and he is a one of a kind player. If the game is on the line give the ball to him and watch the net pop. Time will tell. At SF does anybody know anything about Tolliver. Maybe he could step in and be the starter and let korver come off the bench for scoring.

That is the best we have unless we are going big by starting Zaza. Not like we have a great talent pool to reach from, even if we start Zaza it is not looking great.TeagueMorrowSmithHorfordZazaorTeagueStevensonKorverSmithHorfordYou can not be starting Morrow and Korver that is too much of a defensive liability. Poor starts in the making with that lineup.

People are way too caught up in individual defense when Korver has been on like two teams in his entire career that weren't top 10 defensively. The Hawks on the other hand have been a top 10 defense only once in the past decade....

He is a very good team defender and if you are so worried about an individual matchup well......that's what Stevenson is in there for. People need to remember that despite the now mythical defense of Joe and Marvin the Hawks were a very mediocre defensive team up until last season. Individual ability doesn't matter on either end of the court unless there is a good overall scheme to exploit it.

Korver has athletic limitations but he is a high energy defender. He is the guy that dives for the loose ball, he is the guy that tries to make the other guy as uncomfortable as possible. He can star against some guys.Against Miami I'd start DeShawn at the 3 agianst LBJ. I'd start Morrow at the 2.

• Admin

Korver has athletic limitations but he is a high energy defender. He is the guy that dives for the loose ball, he is the guy that tries to make the other guy as uncomfortable as possible. He can star against some guys. Against Miami I'd start DeShawn at the 3 agianst LBJ. I'd start Morrow at the 2.

Korver is a better defender then morrow

If we have a good defensive team philosophy, Korver will be fine. Don't get caught up in individual defense so much. He may not be a great athlete or one on individual defender but the effort is there and he knows where is supposed to be on defensive rotations.