• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Link to Hawks vs Heat

HalfHawk

I cannot even understand why John Jenkins, Mike Scott and Keith Benson have not played any minute and James Anderson, DeShawn Stevenson, Damion James, Petro and Morrow have played so many minutes. We are probably the only team that have not played their rookies, even Boston is playing good minutes for Sullinger, Melo and even Kris Joseph, this things say a lot of a franchise, we are probably the worst team developing young talent. what the *bleep*!!! John Jenkins should play significant minutes at SG and is definately a better prospect for the future than Stevenson, Morrow, Anderson... play him now!!!!5 f***ing shots for Jeff Teague? Nearly any player has shot more than Jeff, even Petro.The positive thing, seems that Damion James has done a good job, could be a good SF backup, provides what we lack, size and defense at the wing.

Seems like Josh and Lou are going to get there shots. Nothing else of substance came from this game. A chucker and someone that just does not get it taking the majority of the shots. SMFH

Lou goes 5-6 from the field, finishes with 18 points, and you're complaining about that..? Would you prefer Joe being back and giving us a 13 point, 4-21 shooting performance? Edited by SmooveZilla

Lou goes 5-6 from the field, finishes with 18 points, and you're complaining about that..? Would you prefer Joe being back and giving us a 13 point, 4-21 shooting performance?

Lou had to be dominating the ball while he was in there to get to the FT line that much also. Lou is a guy that you have to watch his usage rate. Can't look at raw numbers. I think the wrong people getting shots is going to be a big problem with this team. Al needs a lot higher usage rate and since like or not Teague or Harris are going to have to be the ones distributing on pick and rolls they both need higher usage rates. Lou is not going to get anyone else involved. People complain about Teague not being a good distributor, Lou is worse and Devin is marginally better if that. We have to find a way to make sure Al is getting 15 good shots a game.

Lou had to be dominating the ball while he was in there to get to the FT line that much also. Lou is a guy that you have to watch his usage rate. Can't look at raw numbers. I think the wrong people getting shots is going to be a big problem with this team. Al needs a lot higher usage rate and since like or not Teague or Harris are going to have to be the ones distributing on pick and rolls they both need higher usage rates. Lou is not going to get anyone else involved. People complain about Teague not being a good distributor, Lou is worse and Devin is marginally better if that. We have to find a way to make sure Al is getting 15 good shots a game.

Let's be honest here, Al has a below average inside game and he relies on the mid range jumper for most of his scoring. Now if nobody on this team is a reliable distributor, why should we force the ball upon Al for a bucket? If you can't distribute, you can't distribute. Play to your strengths.

I cannot even understand why John Jenkins, Mike Scott and Keith Benson have not played any minute and James Anderson, DeShawn Stevenson, Damion James, Petro and Morrow have played so many minutes. We are probably the only team that have not played their rookies, even Boston is playing good minutes for Sullinger, Melo and even Kris Joseph, this things say a lot of a franchise, we are probably the worst team developing young talent. what the *bleep*!!! John Jenkins should play significant minutes at SG and is definately a better prospect for the future than Stevenson, Morrow, Anderson... play him now!!!! 5 f***ing shots for Jeff Teague? Nearly any player has shot more than Jeff, even Petro. The positive thing, seems that Damion James has done a good job, could be a good SF backup, provides what we lack, size and defense at the wing.

Don't be surprised if some of our players are moved before the first game. Preseason showcase is one way to do that.

Let's be honest here, Al has a below average inside game and he relies on the mid range jumper for most of his scoring. Now if nobody on this team is a reliable distributor, why should we force the ball upon Al for a bucket? If you can't distribute, you can't distribute. Play to your strengths.

You missed that big part about pick and roll I typed. I never mentioned anything about feeding Al on the block. I mentioned running pick and roll with Al and Teague and Harris to get him shots.

You missed that big part about pick and roll I typed. I never mentioned anything about feeding Al on the block. I mentioned running pick and roll with Al and Teague and Harris to get him shots.

This is Al and Teague, not Stockton and Malone. If it were only as simple as "pick and roll with Al to get him shots"...

Interesting thought. Especially in regards to Korver and Stevenson.

I've been thinking that all summer. I've looked at the roster makeup and we aren't too far away on the roster but it has some holes. But we have multiple packable players and more than 15 that could make the roster if given a chance. We also have a few million under the LT. My guess is we send away about 8-11 million in expiring salary in 2-3 players and take back someone's 10-13 million dollar issue to better balance the roster.

• Premium Member

I've been thinking that all summer. I've looked at the roster makeup and we aren't too far away on the roster but it has some holes. But we have multiple packable players and more than 15 that could make the roster if given a chance. We also have a few million under the LT. My guess is we send away about 8-11 million in expiring salary in 2-3 players and take back someone's 10-13 million dollar issue to better balance the roster.

Seriously doubt any more trades are made prior to the beginning of the season. This is the roster the Hawks will likely go with until at least the trade deadline.