• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is LD our HC of the Future?...this Season Should tell

DJlaysitup

If it were ever "sink or swim" time for a fairly new NBA Head Coach...this is it for Larry Drew.

Now I'm certainly not putting a number-of-wins on him...more realistically, can he manage a team that will well and truly need to be managed.

He won't have to acquiesce to the semi-superstar this year. He will have to manage two semi-stars who want to move up in the rankings however. And, he will have to deal with a bunch of good players who all want playing time and shots to get their next contracts.

This is the year LD has to prove he is a true NBA caliber coach and can deal with an NBA team - without an automatic go-to guy.

For our sake - I wish him luck.Posted Image

Edited by DJlaysitup

I agree LD will have to prove he can manage this group with all of these "expiring conditions". The less drama in the locker room the better LD looks. A second round appearance is proof that LD is bonafide.The X-Factor is, management's agenda. Is this team for sale and if it sales, what will the owner want to do?

• Moderators

Seriously? You expect LD to take the Hawks to the Finals with this talent? That's pretty much an absurd expectation. There is no coach in the league that could do that.

I don't think he expects that. I think he believes Ferry is waiting to replace Drew after this season and that only a Finals appearance will be enough to stop Ferry from putting in his chosen guy after the year. Personally, I think Drew can keep his job with a showing short of that but that another "early and done" postseason that doesn't generate a lot of excitement won't be enough. It is definitely on Drew this season to pull a rabbit out of a hat.
  • Like 1

I don't see how Drew survives the full season. I feel, Ferry has someone in mind to take the team's HC position. That person for what ever reasons is not available right now but will be after the season.

Seriously? You expect LD to take the Hawks to the Finals with this talent? That's pretty much an absurd expectation. There is no coach in the league that could do that.

I don't think he expects that. I think he believes Ferry is waiting to replace Drew after this season and that only a Finals appearance will be enough to stop Ferry from putting in his chosen guy after the year.

Right on the money.

Dude...