• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OMG Josh Smith interview on 92.9 in Atlanta

HawkItus

Man, he dropped some nuggets:-talked about Joe telling Ryan Cameron it was time to go-suprised that Ryan got that much out of him-says Joe is probably right-spoke of how they would go to the club and Joe had a section, he had a section, Teague had a section-said he went to SA recently and the players were throwing a party for a player together-said he wants that kind of relationship and wants that-says he ins't "angry" like people percieve him-but he does have chip on his shoulder about the draft comments and the All-star snubs-says he needs that to make him hungry and want to achieve even more-impressed with Ferry and the new direction of the teamsome other stuff, but I had to divide my attention with a confrence call I was involved in.

Edited by sultanofatl
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I want my Dave FM back!

Wait, what's that? Jamie Dukes and Jerome Jurenovich in the afternoons? Stews coming back, too? ((leaves AM sports radio, rips knob off))

I dunno about Kamla at 6 AM though. Is the man allowed to get any sleep?

~lw3

Damn, looks like I refreshed the squawk a little bit too infrequently to catch this. Where is NineOh with the delayed link when you need him?Welp hearing that Josh wants to go to UGA, he goes down a notch in my book.

That was a good interview. I caught most of that replay ( thank God for tunein.com on my smartphone ).The way Josh was taking, the Hawks were "cool" with each other, but they weren't "tight" with each other. Almost like co-workers who you converse with and do business on a daily basis, but don't go out and bond with each other after hours.Josh is saying all the right things, and I'm glad someone in the Hawks PR department has finally realized that having these players be as visible as possible, can only help the Hawks change their perception in that city.Interesting that in the convo afterwards, Jamie Dukes compared JJ to Cowboy D-Lineman Demarcus Ware. He called Demarcus a top 10 talent ( which JJ isn't that, but very good ). But he said that while Demarcus may have been one of the most talented Cowboys on the team, he wasn't the leader of the team. Then both he and Bob Neal both go on to talk about how some teams need multiple captains because certain guys on the team may gravitate toward a certain type of personality. One guy may be a captain because he's so good that his "game" has to have him as the captain. But the "crazy guy" as they called it, may also be a captain, because he may have guys on the team that can relate more to him.Maybe that was the thought process behind naming 3 of these guys the captain. Joe was the leader by example. Horford was the cerebral leader. Josh was the emotional leader. Now, we need Horford and Josh to be all 3 types of leaders.

• Like 3

So yeah, about that recorded link. I did about 15 minutes of searching around the 92.9 website and I could not find it. It looks like the site just started running yesterday. I hope when the interview is posted online someone will let us know. I get the feeling that I will completely forget about this interview tomorrow.

I listened to 92.9 today, and that's one annoying station! Why does the sports desk reporter have to make everything rhyme? Anyway, what was JJ's beef with Ryan Cameron: did he just get tired of heard J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-JOE JOHNSON!!! every night?This season, I'm looking forward to hearing "THAT FOUL WAS OFFENSIVE......JOE JOHNSON!!!"

• Like 2

The first time I tuned in, the second day they were on the air, they were literally talking about pro wrestling.Competition can be a good thing, so hopefully the other stations step it up. I can't listen to 680 at all now, thanks to Chuck Oliver's accent. If 790 gets an FM simulcast, I'll never change the station again. They talk Falcons all day, and I hope they spend time on the Hawks this season too.

• Like 1

The first time I tuned in, the second day they were on the air, they were literally talking about pro wrestling. Competition can be a good thing, so hopefully the other stations step it up. I can't listen to 680 at all now, thanks to Chuck Oliver's accent. If 790 gets an FM simulcast, I'll never change the station again. They talk Falcons all day, and I hope they spend time on the Hawks this season too.

If they're smart and hear what listeners have to say, then they'll definitely spend more time on the Hawks!