• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A little Clarity here.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just because we beat OKC doesn't mean that Josh should go. The team we have without Josh is still not contenders.However,Here is why Josh should go.1. He's not a max player.2. He's willing to walk.3. He won't change his game.4. We need an inside force.It was great talking about the goodness of Josh when it looked like we could get D-12.With D-12 on the team, Josh could be midrange shawty. However, that didn't happen. Maybe D-12 figured, he didn't want to play beside a selfish player who puts up bad shots at inopportune times.But now with no D-12, keeping Josh is just hurting ourselves on purpose. Him and Horf are the same guy... finesse PFs. Yes, Josh is talented and Josh has been super talented for 8 years. However, Josh is stubborn. So stubborn that he doesn't listen to good coaching.I turned my tube on and watched the Lowly Knicks and Woody No goody.. While watching, I had to say... DAYUUUM Woody real goody. Those guys could win. Their chemistry is great. Then I looked back to us. Our chemistry is infrequently good. Teams know that when they get us to the playoffs, if they slap Smoove in the mouth, he will play off. Didn't the Celts do that last year. Smoove got hurt, sat out a playoff game, we almost won, when Smoove got back... he played softer... thank God for Horf.Smoove is flawed. He think of himself as a Sf with a midrange game. So as much as we may dream him up to be Shawn Kemp... He is not.Back to us.I'd give Horf a look over the season. But I would definitely trade Smoove now and if we're going to make a coaching change, do that now too.

• Moderators

Saying our team lacks chemistry is seriously premature. I think everyone is auditioning for a permanent job including Smoove. The Knicks will have a honeymoon period but i expect by playoff time the great teams will have no problem dismantling them. Still just being in NY, having a an old school coach, and having some legit stars will make them be considered an elite team even if they have a second round exit.

Just because we beat OKC doesn't mean that Josh should go. The team we have without Josh is still not contenders.

However,

Here is why Josh should go.

1. He's not a max player.

2. He's willing to walk.

3. He won't change his game.

4. We need an inside force.

It was great talking about the goodness of Josh when it looked like we could get D-12.

With D-12 on the team, Josh could be midrange shawty. However, that didn't happen. Maybe D-12 figured, he didn't want to play beside a selfish player who puts up bad shots at inopportune times.

But now with no D-12, keeping Josh is just hurting ourselves on purpose. Him and Horf are the same guy... finesse PFs.

Yes, Josh is talented and Josh has been super talented for 8 years. However, Josh is stubborn. So stubborn that he doesn't listen to good coaching.

I turned my tube on and watched the Lowly Knicks and Woody No goody.. While watching, I had to say... DAYUUUM Woody real goody. Those guys could win. Their chemistry is great. Then I looked back to us. Our chemistry is infrequently good. Teams know that when they get us to the playoffs, if they slap Smoove in the mouth, he will play off. Didn't the Celts do that last year. Smoove got hurt, sat out a playoff game, we almost won, when Smoove got back... he played softer... thank God for Horf.

Smoove is flawed. He think of himself as a Sf with a midrange game. So as much as we may dream him up to be Shawn Kemp... He is not.

Back to us.

I'd give Horf a look over the season. But I would definitely trade Smoove now and if we're going to make a coaching change, do that now too.

Uhh, Dwight is on the Lakers now. That means he plays with Kobe. Enough said.
  • Like 1

Get rid of one PF(Smith) to sign another in Millsap,while you have Horford is bad move.We need true power center.Someone like Pekovic,so Al can finaly play at PF.

Haha I take it you're not buying the league's possible movement towards small ball?

• Moderators

Just because we beat OKC doesn't mean that Josh should go. The team we have without Josh is still not contenders.

Different team from years past, different situation for Smith. He is the man now in Atlanta.

However,

Here is why Josh should go.

1. He's not a max player. Completely agree. Honestly, I believe there are only about five players in the league that deserve the max.

2. He's willing to walk. I believe he would walk, but I don't believe he wants to. I thinks he likes playing for his hometown team.

3. He won't change his game. I've stated it numerous times; Smoove will play his game no matter which position he plays.

4. We need an inside force. I agree with this as well, but that I more attributed to Horford playing 5 than it is about Smoove's play.

It was great talking about the goodness of Josh when it looked like we could get D-12.

With D-12 on the team, Josh could be midrange shawty. However, that didn't happen. Maybe D-12 figured, he didn't want to play beside a selfish player who puts up bad shots at inopportune times.

DF tried to trade for Dwight, but Orlando blocked it because we are in the division. D-12 didn't chose LA, it chose him. With that said, I still think there is a chance D-12 leaves LA to play for the Hawks. Not saying it's a good chance, but there is still a shot. I think there was a time when Dwight would have came to Atlanta and to play in his hometown with Josh.

But now with no D-12, keeping Josh is just hurting ourselves on purpose. Him and Horf are the same guy... finesse PFs.

Yes, Josh is talented and Josh has been super talented for 8 years. However, Josh is stubborn. So stubborn that he doesn't listen to good coaching.

The big, post-up bruiser PF of year's past are dead. Guys like Aldridge, Nowitzki, Garnett, and Bosh are the way the league is leaning with PF's. The league has grown softer which warrants stretch-4's and is also shrinking at center... Josh is also a product of Woody and I agree that Josh is responsible for his actions, but Josh showed in preseason that he willing to work inside. Overreacting to what happened in the first game of the season... Remember, Josh hurt his ankle in that game. Kinda difficult to drive the lane if your ankle is rolled and swollen. We'll see what he does tonight and up until Christmas. Once again, it's a different situation for Josh now that Joe is gone and he has shooters around him.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member

Does anyone think making a hard run at Paul Millsap this summer is a good idea? Or does his game overlap with Horford too much?

Another Short PF? Nawh... We should be looking for some Athletic bigs. What about Dude with the Clipps. How about one of those Piston Young Bigs? I know Cousins is not conversation, but how about Cousins. There's always McGee. I'm a proponent of Smoove for McGee, Brewer, first.

• Premium Member

Unfortunately, you misunderstand. This is not an overreaction to our first game. This is after 8 years to digest who Josh is. We know Josh. We know that he is terribly talented but at the same time, he lacks bbiq, he is stubborn, and he has the mindset that he has to prove to the world that he can shoot the outside shot. If he wants to prove that he can hit the outside shot, he should win the 3 pt competition. However, during the season, we have needs and he's not trying to meet them. We need an inside scoring force. We have so many three point shooters now that it behooves us to be able to score inside somehow. Secondly, the league has not changed to be more softer. You say Bosh and Dirk is the model for PF... I disagree. I say Blake Griffin, Duncan, and Zebo are still the cat's meow. Look at them. Every team wants a guy who can go in and get points. That's why Kenneth Faired and Anthony Davis will be the future and not Derrick Williams and Gallanari. Those stretch PFs are good if you have a C who can dominate the inside but without that (like us) you are doing nothing.