• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

$250K Fine on the Spurs

AHF

• Moderators

In short, I find this the most outrageous thing Stern has ever done.

(1) The Spurs did it to promote their team's chances at winning.

(2) The Spurs and other teams had done it before without any repurcussion and will do it again.

(3) Teams tank which is a FAR worse hit to league integrity than sitting starters and losing a game you lead in the final 3 minutes.

The door is so far open to consistency issues and potential micromanagement of roster decisions by the league that it is astounding. Just a terrible, terrible precedent because:

(1) There is no principled reason for it.

(2) The league will never enforce it in the future against teams much more deserving of it.

(3) Once you open the door to these types of "integrity of the game" issues, you need to start opening it up to superstar calls, flopping, etc. issues that are much more important to the integrity of the league's product.

The NBA looks bad through this lens of reflection so the fine hurts your image and product.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I think it's crazy to be fined for resting your players. If Stern doesn't want this happening then don't make crazy schedules were one team hasn't played in 4 or 5 days and the other team is playing their 4th game in 5 days. I have no problem with "Pop" sending his players back to San Antonio. Miami should be fined for almost losing that game.

i REALLY can't wait until stern is gone. he makes it so much more difficult to enjoy the nba. why doesn't the puppet master just set every teams line ups and make all the trades he wants. i'm sure he could set up a private yahoo fantasy bball league for all the gms to follow his wishes. pathetic piece of dirt.

• Moderators

i REALLY can't wait until stern is gone. he makes it so much more difficult to enjoy the nba. why doesn't the puppet master just set every teams line ups and make all the trades he wants. i'm sure he could set up a private yahoo fantasy bball league for all the gms to follow his wishes. pathetic piece of dirt.

This is exactly what I thought when I heard sanctions were going to be handed down... 2014 can't get here quick enough! The classy thing for Adam Silver to do when he gets in office is to hand the $250,000 check back to the Spurs. I seriously don't know how you can fine a team for resting their starters... I mean it's seriously on the same level as saying you are going to fine the Wiz for losing too many games and that tarnishes the intergrity and image of the game... Stern can GOTH...

Another example of why Stern is full of shit, why the NBA looks bad, and why people question Stern and the officiating. It's all signs of showing Stern cares more about the money. You now wonder why superstars get the calls, and big market teams get all the good calls. Stern is pretty much giving it away.Hurry up 2014!

• Moderators

Thanks for posting that. I saw it too. Its just astounding some of the things Stern and this league does. I hope it eventually gets cleaned up. The truth is that if you take away the officiating biases, this becomes a much more competitive league.

This move by Stern he must realize is ridiculous. He obviously doesn't care or is so comfortable in his position that he no longer realizes that people think he is a joke.

• Moderators

Uh-Oh. Check this out.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201212/embarrassing-photo-spurs-players-leaked-online

Bad photo but i tell you everytime i see Crawford refing one of our games i cringe. Anytime the ref has more a of a reputation than the players its a bad thing for the game.

Posted Image

Edited by macdaddy