• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks' Al Horford Is the Most Underrated Big Man in the NBA

capstone21

Horford has been our number one keeper since he got here. Nice article. Can't wait to see what Ferry does with this. I build around Horf and Teague. Smith is a guy I'd like to keep, bbut his contract demands might make him good trade bait; for a good deal to build around the previously mentioned. Ferry hopefully has an idea of what it'll cost to sign Smith so that he knows before the trade deadline what move to make. I would expect Smith to take a deal similar to Horford's if he wants to stat in ATL and build a winner. If he wants max type numbers; trade him.

Horford now leads the team in scoring at 16.6 per game.I was about to start a thread about Horford, but I'll just post my thoughts here. I think it's time for Drew to start making Horford the focal point of the offense. Start running more and more things through him. It's amazing that from a Usage standpoint, Horford is 4th amongst the main rotation guys, behind Josh Smith, Lou Williams, and Jeff Teague. Get him more touches Drew.If Josh will accept the role of playmaker-scorer, instead of scorer-playmaker, it'll only make this team better. Ironically, Horford's jumpshot has been off big time this season so far. But he is doing major work around the rim via post ups and especially by moving in the painted area and cutting to the basket. Smith has found Horford on numerous occasions on plays like these.I've said earlier in the year that a battle over who is "the man" may come down between Smith and Horford. But if Smith accepts a playmaker role in which he dishes out 5 assists a game, rather than try to score 20 points, that battle may not take place. Let Al do the interior/midrange scoring, and let Smith be the #2 playmaker on the squad behind Teague.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I never heard who LD named captains this year?

Not to hijack the thread which is about Horford but I just had to copy this in:

Lineup 1 (+46): Teague/Korver/Stevenson/Smith/Horford

Lineup 2 (+33): Teague/Korver/Smith/Horford/Pachulia

Lineup 3 (+14): Teague/L. Williams/Morrow/Smith/Pachulia

Lineup 4 (+14): Teague/Harris/Korver/Smith/Horford

Lineup 5 (+12): Williams/Korver/Smith/Horford/Pachulia

• Premium Member

I agree. I keep reading and hearing about Noah and Varejoa as All-stars and no mention of Al.

It is surprising isn't it? I'll take Al over those two crazy-haired centers 7 days a week.