• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - HEAT

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Pretty good game until they unraveled in the 3rd.

Thing is...unless you got some gut punching defense, you're just not gonna stop LeBron and Wade from getting into the paint. Much as I can't stand 'em and as much as they whine and complain to the refs, when these dudes want to get into the lane...you're just not gonna stop it.

Helps that they got hot outside, but we hit a bunch of J's too. It's an uglier game if Smoove didn't rip those 3's. Good game though. Solid effort.

Just got beat by a better team.

• Like 3

Not going to be mad about us losing to the Heat. On the road. Against the refs. Without Korver.

Unlike the Falcons yesterday, we came out and played with nice effort. We didn't play with stars in our eyes either. However, we lost because we couldn't cash in on opportunities...especially when the 3rd quarter rolled around.

A few things are starting to irritate me though:

Second straight game of DNP-CD for IVAN. I don't know what's up with that, but I don't agree with it. The guy deserves playing time. And Zaza, god love em, but he's gotta be a bit more consistent....he didn't give us anything tonight.

And I hope to all that is holy and good that Josh doesn't start raining 3s like he's at the club--he already needs to cut out the long 2s. He came into the game having shot 21 treys making 8 (an average barely above 1 attempt per game). Today he attempted 5 making 4. Despite the success tonight, I hope it doesn't go to his head regarding a shot he is notoriously terrible at.

And lastly, the three guard starting lineup is interesting, but when both Teague and Harris are giving you so little on both ends of the court, it's hard for us to win.

Edited by TheTruth
  • Like 1

What's going on today? Big loss to the Heat and we're going on 2 hours without a post this morning.

Nobody feeling motivated to post the day after that game I guess. Sucks but we basically lost the same way that we beat Memphis in our last game, with a big 3rd quarter run where one team got hot from outside and the other went cold.

• Premium Member

Nobody feeling motivated to post the day after that game I guess. Sucks but we basically lost the same way that we beat Memphis in our last game, with a big 3rd quarter run where one team got hot from outside and the other went cold.

Yeah. Last nights loss let some air out of the ballon for all of us so to speak. But unlike other years, we can take heart in the fact that we now have avenues to improve tremendously if the right decisions are made.

Josh has a bad shooting night even when he has a good shooting night against the Heat. He's had exactly one good shooting night (8-13) in 10 games against the Big 3 Heat. Everything else is <41%. It's a combination of their defense and his delusion. He was hot from 3 last night, but notice when Wade scored and they were jawing at each other, Josh got the ball and air balled a 3. He wants to be that type of player so bad.

Heat are simply a better team, though (duh).

• Moderators

Josh has a bad shooting night even when he has a good shooting night against the Heat. He's had exactly one good shooting night (8-13) in 10 games against the Big 3 Heat. Everything else is <41%. It's a combination of their defense and his delusion. He was hot from 3 last night, but notice when Wade scored and they were jawing at each other, Josh got the ball and air balled a 3. He wants to be that type of player so bad.

Heat are simply a better team, though (duh).

He airballed a bunch of shots last night even though he made some 3s. There again that's really a turnover. You don't take note when a guy has 3 turnovers but when he airballs 3 shots its glaring.

We fell into bad habits and let the Heat play the way they wanted in the 2nd half. Harris and Morrow not being able to provide any defense at all didn't help. Although when we got down by 10 i thought we should have tried to get Morrow going. If we're going to try to get back in the game with jumpers lets let him take them.

Oh well, I don't think we're surprised. It exposes what we need help with. Wings that can defend and score.

• Like 1

Hawks played ok but Jeff Teague and Devin Harris did nothing. I'll be shocked if Devin Harris is traded by the deadline.

i agree at 11 points a piece, now seeing teagues potential he needs to put in 20 a night and definately no lower than 16. but the point totals among the cast were good enough to win a game in the nba.( & oh yea we still havent had any 70 point stinkers)

i agree at 11 points a piece, now seeing teagues potential he needs to put in 20 a night and definately no lower than 16. but the point totals among the cast were good enough to win a game in the nba.( & oh yea we still havent had any 70 point stinkers)

Teague is off at the moment, he is hesitating at the 3 point line and it looks like the rest of the team have less confidence in passing to him when he is open. Josh just flat out ignores him most of the time.

That being said, I don't think Teague will ever get to the level of someone like Westbrook in terms of scoring. Jeff has trouble creating his own shot and virtually has no jumpshot to speak of, hence why he settles for floaters/runners.

Edited by Mully