• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

27th in average Home attendance?

TheNorthCydeRises

First of all the hawks dont have a fanbase. We have no tradition, and a loser history. We are one of the most irrelevant franchises

Since we dont have a fanbase you have to try to draw in the causal crowd and build a fanbase. You draw the casual crowd with star players. We have no star player.

If you dont have a star player you gotta play an exciting brand of basketball that appeal to the casuals. Casual fans dont care about great ball movement and free flowing offense. They want to see tons of slam dunks and alley oops, they want to see players go off for 50 points, they want to see balls swatted into the 5th row. They want to see players getting crossed up and falling on their ass then trash talk about how they are going to have sex with the other player's mother. (lol maybe not but you get the picture).

Which is why Josh won't be leaving anytime soon.

• Moderators

There are many legitimate factors but you have to have an identity, generate buzz, market and do all that for an extended period of time. A month and a half of good basketball isn't going to get people thinking about the team. Especially when the Falcons and Dawgs are having championship caliber seasons. Of course i still have a lot of issues with the total lack of marketing.

• Premium Member

I don't know the numbers but after the A$G betrayed Thrashers fans world wide by selling the team myself and many other Thrasher fans are boycotting that arena until the A$G are no longer majority owners. I won't give them a penny of my money after what they did.

• Like 1

I don't know the numbers but after the A$G betrayed Thrashers fans world wide by selling the team myself and many other Thrasher fans are boycotting that arena until the A$G are no longer majority owners. I won't give them a penny of my money after what they did.

Weren't the Thrashers hemorrhaging money ?

• Premium Member

Weren't the Thrashers hemorrhaging money ?

Considering the A$G only spent the bare minimum threshold for player salary almost every year they owned them, no they were not hemorrhaging money. They also refused to fire coaches or the one GM the team had because they didn't want to pay for a new coach and GM.

• Premium Member

If your hometown team has to change colors, give away free stuff, provide post-game entertainment, or bring out dancing monkeys during halftime then you my friend live in a city that does not deserve a sports team. WE SUCK!