• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

27th in average Home attendance?

TheNorthCydeRises

It has to be addressed AGAIN folks.NO JJ. NO Marvin. A new team that people seem to like. Winning at a 67% clip. Currently the #3 team in the East ( and should hold that spot at least until the end of the year ).But they're drawing at 2004 levels ( when we were the worst team in the league )What is the excuse now? ( since it's always an excuse ).LOL . . can people at least go see the Hawks before the world ends next Friday?Maybe we'll draw 15,000 when Durant comes to town next Wednesday.Come on ATL. Support these dudes a little better please.

• Like 1

Plenty of dirt cheap tickets on Stubhub for the Thursday night Charlotte game in the upper deck ( 95 cents to $3 a piece ). Plenty of $20 - $30 lower bowl tix for that game as well.$15 - 200 level seats for the Golden St game on Saturday night. I may have to take advantage of that myself.One day, I'm going to splurge for courtside tickets to a game. I want to see what that is like at an NBA game.

No excuses, but the traffic sucks. Gametime at 7:00-7:30 tip. Even if you take the train, getting back is a slow crowded go. I can watch the game on TV and save the hassle. It sucks, but until people are willing to support things like the T-Splosts that was recently voted down you will have bad Hawk's draws.

On another note I saw a Hawks commercial during the Falcons game. Shocked the hell out of me. More this will definitely pay dividends.

Edited by sultanofatl

• Moderators

Plenty of dirt cheap tickets on Stubhub for the Thursday night Charlotte game in the upper deck ( 95 cents to $3 a piece ). Plenty of $20 - $30 lower bowl tix for that game as well.$15 - 200 level seats for the Golden St game on Saturday night. I may have to take advantage of that myself.One day, I'm going to splurge for courtside tickets to a game. I want to see what that is like at an NBA game.

I wish I lived closer to Atlanta because I'd be going to a game a week at least. $20 lower levels is a steal. Oh and courtside is pretty frickin' sweet and WELL worth the price for all the perks you get. Sat courtside at a Grizzlies game once and was treated like a king. All the beer and orderves you can stomach is included. I also met Juicy J at that game... Also it's pretty intense when you see Rudy Gay two feet away from knocking down a three to take the lead... :)

• Like 1

• Admin

You are surprised by the attendance? Atlanta is notorious for not supporting the team....ever...even during the nique years there were always empty seats. The fans come only only to cheer on Lebron or other teams. It has never been a good basketball city.

I had the same comment and one guy lashed out at me. There is a group of 30 of us and at least 20 drive a 2 hour round trip to watch the hawks. Ill be there tomorrowCan't remember who said it but the gist is that of gladiator "are you not entertained? Are you not entertained". Fans only show up to watch the stars. Not basketball fans but star watchersAttendance will go up when we go through the run of superstars that are about to be at phillips

• Premium Member

I usually drive in from Chattanooga and watch about 10 games a year, on occasion I will fly down but the plane ticket is expensive. I don't have any plans to come this year, I've about had it, followed this team for 30 years and nothing changes. The asks are not committed to winning, they dumped salary (as they should have with JJ and Marv) But they've done nothing to replace it they've just saved money this season. Yes they are winning now and I catch the games on tv, but I just don't have the faith anymore that they will be a splash in the FA offseason. The top players do not want to play here.I think the main issue is Atlanta is 1) transplant Yankees in town that wait on their team to come and 2) The fans of Atlanta just don't trust the ownership of the team and 3). There is no superstar player to identify with.

First of all the hawks dont have a fanbase. We have no tradition, and a loser history. We are one of the most irrelevant franchises

Since we dont have a fanbase you have to try to draw in the causal crowd and build a fanbase. You draw the casual crowd with star players. We have no star player.

If you dont have a star player you gotta play an exciting brand of basketball that appeal to the casuals. Casual fans dont care about great ball movement and free flowing offense. They want to see tons of slam dunks and alley oops, they want to see players go off for 50 points, they want to see balls swatted into the 5th row. They want to see players getting crossed up and falling on their ass then trash talk about how they are going to have sex with the other player's mother. (lol maybe not but you get the picture).

• Like 2

I usually drive in from Chattanooga and watch about 10 games a year, on occasion I will fly down but the plane ticket is expensive. I don't have any plans to come this year, I've about had it, followed this team for 30 years and nothing changes. The asks are not committed to winning, they dumped salary (as they should have with JJ and Marv) But they've done nothing to replace it they've just saved money this season. Yes they are winning now and I catch the games on tv, but I just don't have the faith anymore that they will be a splash in the FA offseason. The top players do not want to play here. I think the main issue is Atlanta is 1) transplant Yankees in town that wait on their team to come and 2) The fans of Atlanta just don't trust the ownership of the team and 3). There is no superstar player to identify with.

Saved Money? How much so? Please remember that in trading Joe and Marvin almost equal salary has to come back. $66 mil in salary for this season.

So far this season, I have been watching a better brand of basketball from players on expiring contracts and enjoying every game. I have been to 3 games so far and I've watched all the games on FoxSports. When the games are not on TV, I watch online.

• Premium Member

Saved Money? How much so? Please remember that in trading Joe and Marvin almost equal salary has to come back. $66 mil in salary for this season.So far this season, I have been watching a better brand of basketball from players on expiring contracts and enjoying every game. I have been to 3 games so far and I've watched all the games on FoxSports. When the games are not on TV, I watch online.

Your a purest and we are talking casual fan here. The casual fan as mentioned above could care less about a better brand of basketball, they want entertainment, I.e. dunks etc

Your a purest and we are talking casual fan here. The casual fan as mentioned above could care less about a better brand of basketball, they want entertainment, I.e. dunks etc

Well we lost 1-2 dunks a season by trading away JJ and Marvin. I'm sure that we've at least gained those 2 dunks back by the extra players we've acquired.

• Like 1

I guess I am. We have had more dunks so far this season than we have with Joe and Marvin. Playing better defense and a faster pace offense is definitely more exciting. Al is getting so many easy dunks on the PnR it's crazy, even Zaza is getting in on the action.

As crazy, miniscule, and simple as it sounds, I think a quick change back to red and yellow would boost attendance a bit. Marketing scientists know how mere packaging, coloring, and name can affect consumers' taste. Kyle Korver has always been a fan favorite. It should be some way to market him. I don't know. Judging by the numbers, when someone says Atlanta is a poor basketball town, I can't do nothing but drop my head and agree. But I can't be a hypocrite because I haven't been to a game since Game 7 versus the Bucks. There is no excuse exept I like going to my local Ruby Tuesday and enjoy a steak and a couple glasses with 2 other games going on. Money and / or traffic is not an issue for me, I could get on MLK quickly and get there in 20 minutes without getting on either of the 4 dreaded interstates during or just after rush hour. I'm always there in spirit, but I could certainly do better, especially since the player I love to hate is gone and we're better for it. Of course I watch about 80-85% of the season. The game just isn't an event like it is in NY, Chi, LA, etc. The marketing and PR department obviously have been sitting on their asses for a long time.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I guess I am. We have had more dunks so far this season than we have with Joe and Marvin. Playing better defense and a faster pace offense is definitely more exciting. Al is getting so many easy dunks on the PnR it's crazy, even Zaza is getting in on the action.

Ok, I gave it my personal opinion.You tell me why you think we are 27th in the league in home attendance.

It has to be addressed AGAIN folks.NO JJ. NO Marvin. A new team that people seem to like. Winning at a 67% clip. Currently the #3 team in the East ( and should hold that spot at least until the end of the year ).But they're drawing at 2004 levels ( when we were the worst team in the league )What is the excuse now? ( since it's always an excuse ).LOL . . can people at least go see the Hawks before the world ends next Friday?Maybe we'll draw 15,000 when Durant comes to town next Wednesday.Come on ATL. Support these dudes a little better please.

It's not going to happen. Sooner or later this team will relocate. Only a fool would keep this team in ATL in the long term. If I owned the team I sure wouldn't.

Hawks have always been bad in attendence. I have no reason as to why Philips isn't drawing fans especially when we're off to a good start and stubhub has great prices for seats in the arena. There really are no excuses for hawks fans that are within 30 mins of the arena to not show up. All I can do is worry about me and show up. I'll be there tonight against Charlotte Section 110 Row E and I'll be there Saturday night against Golden State representing my Hawks as I've done all season.