• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And the Hawks just keep on winning!

Gray Mule

• Moderators

Great post GM.

What more can we ask of LD? He's put together a bunch of loose parts, got them to buy in to playing defense, we beat the teams we should beat and some that we shouldn't. No stars, No size, No elite coach, No brains, No fans, No respect

And the Hawks just keep winning.

Go Hawks!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

LD deserves credit for taking what is literally a pile of expiring contracts and finding ways to adjust lineups and win games. I said before the season this entire season will be like playing with house money because if we win, great, if we lose, great, we'll get a lottery pick. This team finds a way to win and you can't put that in an advanced metric. The fact so many guys are on one year deals would tend to some selfish shooting or ball hogging but that has not been the case this year. Credit has to go to the coach and the players for buying into a team concept.

• Like 1

We most certainly would've lost a few of these close games in past seasons except for the 53 win one of course when the core peaked and Woody obviously threatened Josh into not taking long shots. It could be debated ad nauseum as to if we're better or worse off without Joe's production, but what isn't in question is the addition by subtraction of Marvin. His lack of tangible, statistical impact on both ends weighed the team down so many nights. In his place we got guys who can pile up threes and steals, something tangible to the offense-off-of-defense style Ferry has assembled. Korver easily has been the most impressive of the new additions to me. Of course he's one of the few game-deciding three point marksmen in the league with Novak and Kidd, but I've seen a sh@t ton of instances where he recognizes his rotation on time, busts his azz getting to it, stays down, and uses his length and very good hands to all but halt a possession. He's currently my 4th favorite Hawk of the Boss Playoff Era: Boss, Jamal, Flip, and Ashton.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

LD deserves credit for taking what is literally a pile of expiring contracts and finding ways to adjust lineups and win games.

Have you looked at the Knick's roster lately? Rasheed Wallace,Jason Kidd, Ronnie Brewer, Ray Felton, Kurt Thomas, Steve Novak. And these guys were winning without Mello and Amare.

Have you looked at the Knick's roster lately? Rasheed Wallace,Jason Kidd, Ronnie Brewer, Ray Felton, Kurt Thomas, Steve Novak. And these guys were winning without Mello and Amare.

I'm a closet Knicks fan. Woody has arguably been COY up to this point. The drubbing they're gonna put on the Lakers tonight will be epic.

@ Mule

I think that Smith playing the point isn't as bad as you think.......... now I'm not saying

the ball inbounded to him and he takes it down but on a rebound starting the break

he finds AL atleast twice a game with a good pass and he hits the 3pt shooters also.

I honestly dont think Josh wants out

AL can play center there are about 3 or for Centers in the whole NBA he can't guard

he just came off 8 straight double doubles

I don't think Harris as put pressure on Teague b/c of his size i think Lou puts the pressure on Teague

I think the expiring contracts is a good thing they are playing well and having fun they may want to resign

why make a trade and eat up our capspace when we might be able to get our players cheaper than if we trade them

we actually have had a easer schedule playing the bobcats twice Wiz soon to be twice the Cavs didn't we have Orl twice

we have had hard teams but the weak out weigh the strong so far

just my opinion

keep winning Hawks !!!!

its going to get real interesting when we play the worriors a team that mirrors us.

I think we will win this time around. The Warriors game was the last game that LD played Tolliver significant minutes. He has been getting a whole lot of DNP-CD which coincided with us going on a 7 game winning streak and losing only 2 games in the last 13 games. This has been LD's best move so far this season-benching Tolliver. Posted Image

Edited by JayBirdHawk