>>>NEWS FLASH<<< JOSH SMITH AND AL HORFORD CAN COEXIST!

JTB

AL HORFORD AND JOSH SMITH HAS ARRIVED.....THIS TANDEM WILL NOT BE THE PROBLEM DOWN THE STRETCH....

So most of us including me said that smith and horford could not co exist because of their lack of size! well I could care less about a lack of size at this point! or they play the same position....NO they dont Hoford is a legit center! Smith is a PF and SF.....these two are the real deal.

Here's what needs to be understood:

-never ever can you say that horford is NOT a true Center because he has beasted and played his ass off against many so called real centers who are suppose to be good! He got with Marc Gasol in an outstanding game and he just ripped through Roy Hibbert and just to point out he can beat down bosh in the post too. Horford has skills in the post people! The dude is a real CENTER...dammit

-Smith deserves a max contract...he was going to get it anyways mine as well get it from us. I dont agree with giving him a max but if he wants 75mil give it to him and just pay the man. You have to give smith props....he has been going to the goal WAY more and his defense has been great not to mention ....and I hate to say this but the smith jumpshot has been looking good over these last games AND the dude is playing really smart man.

Horford and Smith are doing some damage in the NBA people, they have grown up and their tandem look as good as anybodys right now. I will say that zaza is a reason as well and he is but just looking at horford and smith these cats are good enough post players to win a championship in todays NBA. They are proving that a hard hustle in the paint and smart play (especially from josh) can make a team dangerous no matter the size!

Give these 2 a hand clap! They finally figured it out and they look scary together!...Deep down inside I knew that Hustle and Heart is all they needed! Screw what the media say...the ATL Hawks BIG MEN are the scariest in the NBA. length and size aint enough to stop these boys! Other BIGs actually have to be good now!

Regarding JS. It usually isn't until about this point in the season that he seems fully comfortable out there. Always a slow starter, it's from about now that his "contract value" should be better determined. Both Horford and JS can ball and have enough heart to frequently play beyond their size.

W

AL HORFORD AND JOSH SMITH HAS ARRIVED.....THIS TANDEM WILL NOT BE THE PROBLEM DOWN THE STRETCH....

So most of us including me said that smith and horford could not co exist because of their lack of size! well I could care less about a lack of size at this point! or they play the same position....NO they dont Hoford is a legit center! Smith is a PF and SF.....these two are the real deal.

Here's what needs to be understood:

-never ever can you say that horford is NOT a true Center because he has beasted and played his ass off against many so called real centers who are suppose to be good! He got with Marc Gasol in an outstanding game and he just ripped through Roy Hibbert and just to point out he can beat down bosh in the post too. Horford has skills in the post people! The dude is a real CENTER...dammit

-Smith deserves a max contract...he was going to get it anyways mine as well get it from us. I dont agree with giving him a max but if he wants 75mil give it to him and just pay the man. You have to give smith props....he has been going to the goal WAY more and his defense has been great not to mention ....and I hate to say this but the smith jumpshot has been looking good over these last games AND the dude is playing really smart man.

Horford and Smith are doing some damage in the NBA people, they have grown up and their tandem look as good as anybodys right now. I will say that zaza is a reason as well and he is but just looking at horford and smith these cats are good enough post players to win a championship in todays NBA. They are proving that a hard hustle in the paint and smart play (especially from josh) can make a team dangerous no matter the size!

Give these 2 a hand clap! They finally figured it out and they look scary together!...Deep down inside I knew that Hustle and Heart is all they needed! Screw what the media say...the ATL Hawks BIG MEN are the scariest in the NBA. length and size aint enough to stop these boys! Other BIGs actually have to be good now!

Hustle and Heart - I guess that could be the nickname for this duo. I like it.

well i remember a season ago it was charles barkley saying he felt like we eitheir had to get rid of joe or josh b/c they dont mesh together. we get rid of joe and walla. horford & josh have figured something out. something i have allways praised josh about is his assist. which a lot of hawks fans take for granted. he puts horford in great positions to score with his passes. & now that we got people that can dot the 3 pointer, we see that he is at the end of a lot of those passes as well.

im a josh homer but i was up for trading him, but for whom ( a lme center like chris kaman ,gets u 16 pts. but not alot on defense) abrook lopez somebody thats constantly injured.

i remember when i posted (JOSH SMITH THROWING DOWN DUNKS THAT MAKE YOU AFRAID TO TRADE HIM) im now thinking lets give him 15 mill for 5 yrs. lets face it he is the highlite real of the hawks, you know there is something to this when lebron even thinks he should have been an allstar.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

well i remember a season ago it was charles barkley saying he felt like we eitheir had to get rid of joe or josh b/c they dont mesh together. we get rid of joe and walla. horford & josh have figured something out. something i have allways praised josh about is his assist. which a lot of hawks fans take for granted. he puts horford in great positions to score with his passes. & now that we got people that can dot the 3 pointer, we see that he is at the end of a lot of those passes as well. im a josh homer but i was up for trading him, but for whom ( a lme center like chris kaman ,gets u 16 pts. but not alot on defense) abrook lopez somebody thats constantly injured. i remember when i posted (JOSH SMITH THROWING DOWN DUNKS THAT MAKE YOU AFRAID TO TRADE HIM) im now thinking lets give him 15 mill for 5 yrs. lets face it he is the highlite real of the hawks, you know there is something to this when lebron even thinks he should have been an allstar.

From everything that's being said, Josh will indeed get paid nicely by the Hawks and I think what you suggested sounds good. If the Hawks keep the duo of Josh and Al together (they should), I'll be interested to see who and how that add to it.

The question was never if Josh and Al can simply coexist. We know then can coexist to the tune of a 50 win season and 2nd round in the playoffs.

The question has always been can keep both Josh and Al while also adding superstar to make us legit title threats. Unless we hit the lottery in free agency with Paul or Howard its going to be almost impossible.

We have some serviceable players on expiring contracts like Harris and ZaZa as possible trade chips. We have our own 1st round pick and future lottery protected 1st round pick from Houston. I don't think those pieces are enough to get us a legit star player. Now when you throw in either Horford or Smith to the equation that may be enough to get the attention of some GMs.

To spin off your other thread.........throwing all your eggs into a basket hoping eithr Paul or Howard will leave $25 mill on the table, in LA, in order to come to Atlanta is not impossible but its definately not probable

Does anyone has an Isaac Hayes 8-track? I'm feeling nostalgic...

Nope but I do have a couple of his records.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I do want to keep Josh but not for a $100 mill + max contracts like Kobe, Lebron, and Wade got.

Josh deserves a 5 year $60 mill contract.............definately no more then 5 years at $70 mill.

If I remember correctly his last deal was for 5 years and $58 mill.

Josh was on the open market as an up and coming 23 year old 4 years ago and after 3 weeks of rotting on the vine the Grizzz finally offered $58 mill over 5 years which Atlanta matched. Do you really think teams will now be lining up to pay him $100 mill as a 28 year old ?

We cannot make the same mistake we made with JJ by signing a top 18 - 25 player to a max deal who is nearing their 30's (Josh will be 28 in 2013). Those contracts should only go to legit top 10 players.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Al Horford may not be a true center under the traditional definition of the position. With the way the NBA is going now (smaller, faster) he might actually be a prototypical center. Plays good D, has pretty decent size, can post up, can face up, can shoot consistently from 15-18 feet.

What more could you want?

Al Horford may not be a true center under the traditional definition of the position. With the way the NBA is going now (smaller, faster) he might actually be a prototypical center. Plays good D, has pretty decent size, can post up, can face up, can shoot consistently from 15-18 feet.

What more could you want?

I want an upgrade over ZaZa to supplement Horford. I'm fine with Horford sharing minutes at center. He is prototypical for todays NBA but..........I like ZaZa.......don't get me wrong but I'd like to have a center who can protect the rim on defense and finish at the rim on offense.

I like ZaZa for what he is .......good hustler, good rebounder, good motor, ability to defend pick and rolls...........but we I prefer my 6'11'' centers to be able to play above the rim.

• Premium Member

I do want to keep Josh but not for a $100 mill + max contracts like Kobe, Lebron, and Wade got. Josh deserves a 5 year $60 mill contract.............definately no more then 5 years at $70 mill. If I remember correctly his last deal was for 5 years and $58 mill. Josh was on the open market as an up and coming 23 year old 4 years ago and after 3 weeks of rotting on the vine the Grizzz finally offered $58 mill over 5 years which Atlanta matched. Do you really think teams will now be lining up to pay him $100 mill as a 28 year old ? We cannot make the same mistake we made with JJ by signing a top 18 - 25 player to a max deal who is nearing their 30's (Josh will be 28 in 2013). Those contracts should only go to legit top 10 players.

The sense I get (could be wrong) from what's been said is that playing for a contender is just as important to Josh as getting paid. In the end, I don't think the Hawks will overpay Josh and I don't think he's looking to be overpaid. I think he's looking for the Hawks to put together a contending team. He should know from Joe that it can't be done with an albatross on the books.