• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why has Atlanta struggled so badly against the Golden State Warriors?

hawks21

In years past, Monte Ellis gave the Hawks some problems, now David Lee, Carl Landry and a rookie small forward --Harrison Barnes have one of their best nights of the season on the hawks' homecourt.

Did the Hawks take the Warriors lightly?

It is just one game and the Warriors are playing much better under Mark Jackson, but it would be nice to see Jeff Teague have a monster night against Golden State when Josh Smith and Devin Harris are off their game.

That is the type of performance that you do not want to see ever. I just hope we can wipe it from memory and move on. We couldn't make anything and our def was beyond bad. Just didn't come to play tonight. I enjoyed seeing Drew get T'd up before halftime though.

Hawks play defense. Hawks hit those threes.

Both things went sour tonight.

Josh was 1-12 and his opponent, Lee, had 20 points.

When you can't hit and your opponent can't miss, this happens.

• Like 1

Josh Smith should be benched for the next game for performing this badly.

Hawks play defense. Hawks hit those threes.

Both things went sour tonight.

Josh was 1-12 and his opponent, Lee, had 20 points.

When you can't hit and your opponent can't miss, this happens.

This kinda of things is more likely to happen when the team sucks. And the hawks suck. It's not really up for debate.

Josh Smith should be benched for the next game for performing this badly.

This kinda of things is more likely to happen when the team sucks. And the hawks suck. It's not really up for debate.

Wow you are a retarded person.

• Like 2

Wow you are a retarded person.

Smith won't be benched but you're a bigger retard than HOTS is if you want to get into personal attacks. This Hawks team is a good story so far and I have enjoyed watching them playing team basketball but they have little to no chance of winning a playoff series against a title contender. This team is in transition enjoy the roller coaster and my advice to you Hawks fans is don't call other hawks fans names unless you are willing to eat crow come playoff time.

For stating the truth?

0-2 against Miami

Owned by the Warriors twice

Yeah, they will get a good win every now and then, but even the worst teams do. When push comes to shove, this team will fall against the good teams just like all the other Atlanta teams do. It's a FACT.

Winning on the road is tough, even at Golden State. However, this is a game that I expect a player such as Jeff Teague to "raise his level" of play especially in front of the home crowd and show flashes of carrying a team when other players such as Josh have an off-night.

Losing this home game to a good, but not necessarily great Golden State team by twenty does bother me as a fan.

The Hawks haven't played the Knicks, Celtics, Nets, Bulls, Sixers, San Antonio or even the Lakers yet.

Teague was silent against Miami when they made their second-half run in a recent home game. I am not blaming the game on him, but the growth of the Hawks is predicated on Teague's development , ability and willingness to take over games.

Teague is this team's most explosive player and I wish he would be more aggressive and occasionally finish with a dunk--he had done that a few times this year and during his college days at Wake Forest.

Winning on the road is tough, even at Golden State. However, this is a game that I expect a player such as Jeff Teague to "raise his level" of play especially in front of the home crowd and show flashes of carrying a team when other players such as Josh have an off-night.

Losing this home game to a good, but not necessarily great Golden State team by twenty does bother me as a fan.

The Hawks haven't played the Knicks, Celtics, Nets, Bulls, Sixers, San Antonio or even the Lakers yet.

Teague was silent against Miami when they made their second-half run in a recent home game. I am not blaming the game on him, but the growth of the Hawks is predicated on Teague's development , ability and willingness to take over games.

Teague is this team's most explosive player and I wish he would be more aggressive and occasionally finish with a dunk--he had done that a few times this year and during his college days at Wake Forest.

Yeah, this team hasn't played a string of good teams yet. All the good teams they have faced have been spread out. Some L's could start piling up once they hit a rough spot in the schedule.

The same reason why we've struggled against teams with winning records. We simply are an average team. We might be in the mix for the playoffs three months from now, but this team isn't going anywhere this season no matter what.

I am glad that I am currently neutral towards this team so that losses like this do not bother me much but I must say that one thing that continues to stick out is Josh Smith is a 3rd option at best on a serious contender. I honestly think more like 4th option would be better. He has stunk it up against Miami and Golden State at home. Those are 2 of the few teams with winning records we have played against at home.

• Like 1