• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I really like this team's attitude about a championship

ATLscrubLove

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-dont-overlook-the-atlanta-hawks/

Obviously it wouldn't make much sense for them to say they will lose but still I like the fact that this team seems to really wanna win. Who knows? Maybe they will fool us come playoff time but hey they have already fooled us with how well they have played thus far.

If they won a title with this roster I would run around downtown naked wearing Hawks wings.

• Moderators

Anything is possible, but they will have to see the Heat or Knicks at some time during an Finals run. I believe we could beat the Knicks, but IDK about the Heat. Honestly, I would be ecstatic just to be swept in the ECF, but the sky is the limit for this Hawks team. Gotta learn how to put teams away if we are going to make such a run... Giving up leads in the playoffs is suicidal.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good team. If we make a solid NOT necessarily a spectacular move we will have a good chance at a good playoff run. With this I don't want to turn it into a dream trade thread BUT I'm thinking about a Corey brewer, gortat type player. A good BUT not great player. If we could somehow get those 2 and only lose a pick a Stevenson/morrow/Harris type player then I think we would be a lot closer to a deeper run

• Like 1

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-dont-overlook-the-atlanta-hawks/

Obviously it wouldn't make much sense for them to say they will lose but still I like the fact that this team seems to really wanna win. Who knows? Maybe they will fool us come playoff time but hey they have already fooled us with how well they have played thus far.

If they won a title with this roster I would run around downtown naked wearing Hawks wings.

Back in the late 90's when the Falcons went to the Superbowl, a buddy of mine got plastered, stripped down to his Falcons boxer shorts, donned a red table cloth as a cape, put on his authentic team helmet and ran up and down his street doing the dirty bird in front of his neighbor's houses and squawking like an idiot. Somehow he avoided arrest.

Back in the late 90's when the Falcons went to the Superbowl, a buddy of mine got plastered, stripped down to his Falcons boxer shorts, donned a red table cloth as a cape, put on his authentic team helmet and ran up and down his street doing the dirty bird in front of his neighbor's houses and squawking like an idiot. Somehow he avoided arrest.

So you're going to don Hawks apparel and do the same? Just not in Cobb County. They frown upon such displays of "fun."

We still haven't seen their ceiling and what they've done to date is unexpected. The unselfishness makes it more possible

What makes you think we haven't seen their ceiling? 17-9 looks about ceiling to me. Also seems that when things get a little tougher, the comments are: we stopped moving the ball, playing our D...etc....Like many have said, let's see what they do when we get to the meat of the schedule. Imagine against the heat in a 7 game series...I'm happy about the way they've played so far too, not happy enough to start having fairy tale fantasies about this team though.
  • Like 2

What makes you think we haven't seen their ceiling? 17-9 looks about ceiling to me. Also seems that when things get a little tougher, the comments are: we stopped moving the ball, playing our D...etc....Like many have said, let's see what they do when we get to the meat of the schedule. Imagine against the heat in a 7 game series...I'm happy about the way they've played so far too, not happy enough to start having fairy tale fantasies about this team though.

I got to agree with this.Maybe 5% of fans thought we would be winning at a 65% clip and on pace to win 54 games. 54 wins probably puts us #2 or #3 in the East. Very few, if any people were predicting that.The schedule has enabled us to get out to this great start, and I'm not mad at that at all. And we've taken care of business vs the lesser teams. We're 7 - 7 vs teams who are .500 and above.Beginning with the return of the Celtics to Philips Arena next Saturday, this schedule is about to ramp up big time. Hopefully we can keep playing at least .500 ball vs those winning teams.

I truly thought this team would be performing exactly as they are. I told people at my job that we would challenge for the 2 seed. Also said Lakers would struggle big time. Last couple of years I believed Joe held back josh and Al and even teague. I knew him leaving wouldn't be that big of a deal. Figured Lou and Harris would make up his production. Honestly the hawks are a poor man's Heat