• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another day, another Smoove trade rumor.

ATLscrubLove

Honestly I'm getting tired of all the rumors. We are obviously a better team without Smoove, we have proved it 3 times this year. Now he is supposably wanting to go to the Rockets, Mavs, or Grizzlies?... I'm gonna miss Smoove a little bit, I can't lie but it is about time for him to get out of here. If I am Ferry I DO NOT trade him to a destination that he wants to go to unless one of those teams give us some good pieces in return. But I guess at this point we should just get what we can get out of him.

By the way I heard Derrick Williams is being shopped by the T-Wolves... Could him fairly cheap probably. There is always Rudy Gay if we wanna make sure we can obtain a star caliber player now, even if he is overpaid. However, I'm sure Ferry would rather keep flexibility so maybe he looks at a deal with Houston. Get a ton of picks plus maybe Delfino/Chandler and Terrence Jones.

If you trade him, make sure to show them this vid. Make the time I spent making this worthwhile.

Edited by ATLscrubLove
  • Like 1

Derrick Williams / Pekovic has been brought up before. I'd do that if it was a possibility. Rather do that than Gay, Marion, Gasol, or a lot of other names getting thrown around. Also like the Thadeus Young / Hawes trade idea. Or young talent + picks.

Derrick Williams / Pekovic has been brought up before. I'd do that if it was a possibility. Rather do that than Gay, Marion, Gasol, or a lot of other names getting thrown around. Also like the Thadeus Young / Hawes trade idea. Or young talent + picks.

If we could get Pekovic and Williams... I would be a happy guy. Especially if Pekovic re-signs after this season.

• Like 2

I hate to say it but we're better without Josh. We have all the tools to build a team. If we trade him we need to get a piece for him. I personally wouldn't mind us getting Terrence Jones from Houston. Regardless, It looks like we're gonna have 2 first round draft picks and all the cap space in the world.

I hate to say it but we're better without Josh. We have all the tools to build a team. If we trade him we need to get a piece for him. I personally wouldn't mind us getting Terrence Jones from Houston. Regardless, It looks like we're gonna have 2 first round draft picks and all the cap space in the world.

Jones has been killing it in the D-League so I wouldn't mind getting him, but they'd have to throw in Machado for me as someone to groom behind Teague and NBA level player(s) with a high enough salary as well to be able to make the deal work under the CBA.

This isn't actually a new rumor, it was part of the original Ken Berger link from yesterday where he talks about preferable destinations. I don't know if that means preferable for Smoove, for the Hawks, or what though.

I thought the article said those would be teams Smith would be open too..........which is important if you trade for him with plans to resign him long term. However, the CBS article I read said none of those 3 teams have expressed interest in Smith yet.......which is saying something since the Grizz and Mavs have been among the most active teams seeking trades. I can't see Kevin McHale wanting a guy like Smith in Houston. They are polar opposites in terms of style of play. One is disciplined and fundamentally sound ......the other not so much. Edited by coachx

I thought the article said those would be teams Smith would be open too..........which is important if you trade for him with plans to resign him long term. However, the CBS article I read said none of those 3 teams have expressed interest in Smith yet.......which is saying something since the Grizz and Mavs have been among the most active teams seeking trades. I can't see Kevin McHale wanting a guy like Smith in Houston. They are polar opposites in terms of style of play. One is disciplined and fundamentally sound ......the other not so much.

I wonder what Dallas would honestly offer for Smoove, honestly they don't have many pieces I'm interested in.

Honestly I'm getting tired of all the rumors. We are obviously a better team without Smoove, we have proved it 3 times this year. Now he is supposably wanting to go to the Rockets, Mavs, or Grizzlies?... I'm gonna miss Smoove a little bit, I can't lie but it is about time for him to get out of here. If I am Ferry I DO NOT trade him to a destination that he wants to go to unless one of those teams give us some good pieces in return. But I guess at this point we should just get what we can get out of him. By the way I heard Derrick Williams is being shopped by the T-Wolves... Could him fairly cheap probably. There is always Rudy Gay if we wanna make sure we can obtain a star caliber player now, even if he is overpaid. However, I'm sure Ferry would rather keep flexibility so maybe he looks at a deal with Houston. Get a ton of picks plus maybe Delfino/Chandler and Terrence Jones.

If you trade him, make sure to show them this vid. Make the time I spent making this worthwhile.

• Moderators

Honestly I'm getting tired of all the rumors. We are obviously a better team without Smoove, we have proved it 3 times this year.

Yes, we won all of the games that Smoove missed, but any team on any given night can rally together and win one game without #1 player. Hell, SAS sat Parker, Duncan, and Manu in that game vs. the Heat and the Spurs almost won that game. I'd like to see the streak if Smoove went down with a high-ankle sprain (not wishing injury) and had to miss about 15 games. How would the Hawks react to that... One game is hardly enough of an example...

• Moderators

3 > 1

also, these were games against top competition, not the likes of Wizards, Bobcats, Magic that we were almost unable to beat with Smith. We actually lost to the freaking Cavs TWICE with Smith.

First game was when Smith had that ankle injury vs. OKC. The Hawks played a team still learning to play w/o Harden and OKC looked flat. Second game was when Smith had that hip pointer vs. Indiana. The Hawks played well as Lou had 21 pts & 12 asts (his best game of the year), but the man that Smith would have been guarding, David West, had 29 pts. You can't tell me that Smith, our best defender, would not have affected West and maybe would have kept him to 20. Third game was the suspension vs. the Nets. The Hawks played well as a team and beat a good Nets squad, but how good are the Nets really... Everyone knows that Deron is having an off year and who Joe Johnson is. Honestly, the Nets are no better than the Hawks right now (I'm ready to eat crow if the Nets blow us out tonight). Winning one game is easy. Winning 10 out of 15 without your top player isn't.

We beat the teams we are supposed to beat. You can't blame almost losing to the Wiz solely on Josh. The Wiz have been a desperate team ALL season. Hell, the Heat loss to the miserable Wizards and we loss to the Cavs twice because Kyrie went bonkers for 28 & 33 on us. Who's man is Kyrie? Not Smith's... You cannot blame any loss this season solely on Josh. Everyone on the boards want Josh gone because either A) An undeniable hatred for the guy or B) Because you are wanting a scapegoat for the recent skid and it's easy to blame Josh. Josh isn't going anywhere. He, just like the rest of the team, is just frustrated over losing 7 of the last 10. He isn't wanting to be traded nor is Danny looking to trade him. Danny knows that Smith's value is low right now. You sell high and buy low, not vice-versa.

• Like 1

Has nothing to do with the recent skid. This is 9 years in the making. Maybe people just don't want to pay him after this season and want to get something for him while we can. Why does this philosophy seem so difficult to grasp. It is not a witch hunt. It is the (seemingly) best move for our franchise.

Edited by HawkFan
  • Like 1

Jones has been killing it in the D-League so I wouldn't mind getting him, but they'd have to throw in Machado for me as someone to groom behind Teague and NBA level player(s) with a high enough salary as well to be able to make the deal work under the CBA.

Yeah I really was hoping we drafted Machado. Then he didn't want to sign with us after he went undrafted.

The Rockets already cut Machado and signed Beverley

Really? Then we need to cut some dead weight at the end of the bench (eh hum Tolliver) and sign Machado and send him down to the D-League to play for us. We really need a young PG to groom behind Teague.