• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry's got me a little uneasy at the moment...

ATLscrubLove

I'm hearing multiple reports that Ferry is shopping Smoove but is apparently in a "win now" mentality. He is looking to add another all-star type player to the roster by the Feb 21st deadline but who is he planning on trading and who will he try to get if he still decides to let Smoove keep riding this ship? I'm getting a little uneasy because:

[*]I think Smoove will walk and go to Boston at years end... D12 doesn't wanna play with Smoove but Rondo does. We need to get him out now! [*]I can't put up with Smoove's jump shots for the rest of the season... Just can't do it [*]The jump shots... [*]Seriously... Mid Range Bad Kid needs to go.

Adding an All-star player would be nice but who could we possibly be able to get without Smoove being involved in the trade? I really hope Horford isn't involved in these discussions. I'm just gonna sit back and put my trust in Ferry... I think he knows what he is doing, hopefully.

I saw the same thing scrub and posted it in "trades" section. I think if Ferry is trying to add an all star it narrows it down to Gay, Jefferson, or possibly Zbo. I think Ferry is a smart guy and will make the right decision in the end. I know one thing for sure though, the Smoove saga will continue for at least another month. :-(

Remember the joke:

Where does a 900 lb gorilla sit?

Answer... Any where he wants to.

What will the Hawk's GM do if he's offered a deal?

Answer... Any thing he wants to.

So far, the moves he's made look like he knows what he's doing.

Until he does something completely stupid and no one can explain

it, keep believing that statement, "Dang.. He's good!"

Edited by Gray Mule

I'm hearing multiple reports that Ferry is shopping Smoove but is apparently in a "win now" mentality. He is looking to add another all-star type player to the roster by the Feb 21st deadline but who is he planning on trading and who will he try to get if he still decides to let Smoove keep riding this ship? I'm getting a little uneasy because:

[*]I think Smoove will walk and go to Boston at years end... D12 doesn't wanna play with Smoove but Rondo does. We need to get him out now!

[*]I can't put up with Smoove's jump shots for the rest of the season... Just can't do it

[*]The jump shots...

[*]Seriously... Mid Range Bad Kid needs to go.

Adding an All-star player would be nice but who could we possibly be able to get without Smoove being involved in the trade? I really hope Horford isn't involved in these discussions. I'm just gonna sit back and put my trust in Ferry... I think he knows what he is doing, hopefully.

Boston doesn't have cap room to sign Josh Smith in the off season. So forget that theory. I would be trilled with Jefferson, Gortat, or Hickson. Edited by coachx

I'm just gonna sit back and put my trust in Ferry... I think he knows what he is doing, hopefully.

Agreed...hopefully. Ferry got us out of the JJ "death-spiral" contract and that is admirable - replacing it with future capspace.

As far as Smoove goes - well the guy always seems to poison the pudding. His blocks and thunder dunks that crowds love are balanced out by recurring attitude problems. From a purely basketball outlook - the trouble with Smoove is that he simply does not have a true "go to" move that can be counted on to produce a high percentage shot on offense. The baby-hook has been improving a bit (if he gets it over the front of the rim)...but he still is a borderline liability on offense - especially at playoff time when defenses really clamp down.

Now don't get me wrong...Smoove has improved his game while in the pros more than any player on our team...possibly in the league. He came in as a very raw jumper-dunker out of high school who couldn't make a layup off the glass. He improved every year (with the possible exception of this year for some reason). He worked on his inside game, his footwork, worked with Hakim while Marvin was studying art history...he really has tried.

The thing is...he has a ceiling (and this is what is frustrating him more than anything IMO)...you just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He will never have a fluid inside game - nor will he ever be a dead-eye from the perimeter...it's just not going to happen...ever.

So, as a Smoove fan who has watched him grow from being awkward to at least being a very good pro I can only hope that he is traded to a team with a great PG and a full compliment around him and he can just do what he does best and has a chance to play for a Championship - he deserves that.

Of course..as a Hawks fan...I hope we can get solid value for him (draft picks?) and build our team all the way out of the dark days of BK.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Got to consider the business aspect. Does the ASG thinks it's better to rebuild around Horf and Teague with the hope of producing a potential winner in about 3 years or keep the assets and add? The first senario will likely reduce already dismal attendance and cost the ASG money. The second senario might keep the highlight homers happy enough to keep attendance as is and the ASG turns a little profit.I think they are looking at things this way. Remember, to most owners, this is a business. Winning big makes big money, but the odds are very slim. Feilding a decent team that makes the playoffs at least gets you some fans in the stands and you make some bucks.I hope they are true fans and want to win so that Ferry is free to do things the right way

• Like 1

• Moderators

If Smith goes anywhere at seasons end it'll be the Clippers. The Clippers are going to be in the same situation as us, but have Bird rights on Paul. Howard is already in LA so there would be no move. They'd end up with Paul, Howard, Griffin, and Smith. Don't be surprised if the Clippers are the next great LA team while the Lakers go down the tubes... Atlanta still has a lot of hope left for the offseason for a Howard/Horford/Smith trio, but I am starting to lean towards the Clippers being the big winners this offseason. Book it.

If Smith goes anywhere at seasons end it'll be the Clippers. The Clippers are going to be in the same situation as us, but have Bird rights on Paul. Howard is already in LA so there would be no move. They'd end up with Paul, Howard, Griffin, and Smith. Don't be surprised if the Clippers are the next great LA team while the Lakers go down the tubes... Atlanta still has a lot of hope left for the offseason for a Howard/Horford/Smith trio, but I am starting to lean towards the Clippers being the big winners this offseason. Book it.

Huh? How do you figure that? Clippers have 42 million in guranteed salaries. How will they add Paul (max), Howard(max) and Josh(close to max)? Hawks have 18 mil in guarantees.

• Moderators

Huh? How do you figure that? Clippers have 42 million in guranteed salaries. How will they add Paul (max), Howard(max) and Josh(close to max)? Hawks have 18 mil in guarantees.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Look under team payrolls at the Clippers. It says they only have $28.8 mil for 2013/14.