• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight unhappy with role in LA

GameTime

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8871264/sources-los-angeles-lakers-growing-concerned-unhappy-dwight-howard

ESPN.com reported earlier this month that there's no shortage of rival executives who believe that the Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks -- who'll both have the requisite cap space to steal him away -- would get serious consideration from Howard if he decides to explore his options in free agency.
"I have it as Lakers, Dallas or Atlanta for Dwight," one Western Conference GM said recently.

this is our best chance to get him. It will all come down to smoove recruiting skills and ferry sweet talk. Ferry is going to have to convince him that we can get a championship, we have the cap space to get pieces to surround him, we will have a vacant coaching spot where they can both discuss who he will like us to go after. Both smoove and ferry can convince him that we are trying the change the culture and we want to win.

I know this sounds wrong but we also might have to try stir him away from dallas by saying he will always be the number 2 option behind dirk.

If we trade for him I am 100% sure it will be a combination of horford + teague + picks and us taking back some salary...

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 2

this is our best chance to get him. It will all come down to smoove recruiting skills and ferry sweet talk. Ferry is going to have to convince him that we can get a championship, we have the cap space to get pieces to surround him, we will have a vacant coaching spot where they can both discuss who he will like us to go after. Both smoove and ferry can convince him that we are trying the change the culture and we want to win. I know this sounds wrong but we also might have to try stir him away from dallas by saying he will always be the number 2 option behind dirk. If we trade for him I am 100% sure it will be a combination of horford + teague + picks and us taking back some salary...

If it comes down to a trade between Dallas and Atlanta which team can offer the better package!

this is our best chance to get him. It will all come down to smoove recruiting skills and ferry sweet talk. Ferry is going to have to convince him that we can get a championship, we have the cap space to get pieces to surround him, we will have a vacant coaching spot where they can both discuss who he will like us to go after. Both smoove and ferry can convince him that we are trying the change the culture and we want to win.

I know this sounds wrong but we also might have to try stir him away from dallas by saying he will always be the number 2 option behind dirk.

If we trade for him I am 100% sure it will be a combination of horford + teague + picks and us taking back some salary...

That is excellent! If that doesnt get him than I dont know what will! As far as taking back some salary they will probably try to send someone like jamison to us! I would prefer jordan hill to be added or jodie meeks but as long as we get howard we should be ok

• Premium Member

I think Chris Paul will loom large in what happens with Dwight. Everyone thinks it's a foregone conclusion he re-signs with L.A. However, I think it will depend on their playoff success. If that team doesn't get out of the second round, I think he will explore the possibility of teaming with Dwight in Atlanta or Dallas.

I wouldn't trade Horford for Dwight if he is not resigned.

And I wouldn't trade Horford+Teague for Dwight, because you will have Dwight and nothing more, so you would be even worse than Orlando.

Teague/Harris

Korver/Jenkins

Dorrell Wright/Pick

Smith/I.Johnson/Scott

Dwight/Dalembert/pick

works for me, even better if we trade Smith instead of Horford.

I wouldn't trade Horford for Dwight if he is not resigned.

And I wouldn't trade Horford+Teague for Dwight, because you will have Dwight and nothing more, so you would be even worse than Orlando.

Teague/Harris

Korver/Jenkins

Dorrell Wright/Pick

Smith/I.Johnson/Scott

Dwight/Dalembert/pick

works for me, even better if we trade Smith instead of Horford.

Trading Horford and Teague though wouldn't be worse than Orlando as we will have a TON of cap room. Dwight/Josh will literally be able to pick who they want as a third wheel.

Trading Horford and Teague though wouldn't be worse than Orlando as we will have a TON of cap room. Dwight/Josh will literally be able to pick who they want as a third wheel.

Unless its Chris Paul I don't see anyone else possibly available next year worthy of being a 3rd wheel. I wouldn't make this trade unless I was absolutely certain that Paul was signing here and that Dwight and Josh were re-upping.

I'm showing my age with this reply but when I saw the "Dwight unhappy" heading, this is the first thing I thought of:

Maybe some of you will remember the Movie, "Oh God", with George Burns and John Denver. There is a scene when John Denver is supposed to be delivering responses to questions that have been submitted to God (George Burns) by various relgious and other leaders. When Denver provides the answer to the character played by Paul Sorvino (voice effect somewhat reminiscent of Ernest Angley (if any of you have ever heard of him). Think heavy southern accent with an apect of the feminine shall we say.

Denver delivers the message that God is unhappy with charlatans like Sorvino's character. Sorvino's response is to repeat back what Denver told him, sounding somewhat like this: "Gaw-ud is un-hap-peee." Replace "Gaw-ud" with Dwiiite, and you get what struck me as funny.

Thanks for indulging an old fool like me.

• Like 2