• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suns interested in Josh for Gortat

Because we have to use it on a single player? Seems like we've gotten some pretty great production out of a combination of quality players who combine to make that amount of money paid to 1 player.

Quality players get you to ECSF every so often. Superstars get you titles in this league. Which would you rather have?

Quality players get you to ECSF every so often. Superstars get you titles in this league. Which would you rather have?

Not taking sides in this argument, but Josh is not a superstar. We aren't getting to the ECSF with him. I have kept quite because I just want to see how it unfolds first.

The one thing I will add is that we aren't going to get a superstar in return for Josh. Is not going to happen. I know the Josh fans think we should be able to get Lebron for him, but his isn't happening. He is no where near superstar level.

I like Josh but I have come to the conclusion we aren't going to win anything with him. Dwight has made it clear he is not coming to Atlanta has said it numerous times. Now Josh's camp is leaking rumors about him being moved because he doesn't want to be here now.

I think the best think for both parties to part ways. What deal we get I don't know, but we won't get a superstar for him. He isn't a superstar himself.

• Like 1

And Joe is a superstar now? Come on.

Smith for the Pheonix stuff is very interesting and provides the building blocks for getting this team built the right way and not the bastard child of the all 6'8" wet dream team

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not taking sides in this argument, but Josh is not a superstar. We aren't getting to the ECSF with him. I have kept quite because I just want to see how it unfolds first. The one thing I will add is that we aren't going to get a superstar in return for Josh. Is not going to happen. I know the Josh fans think we should be able to get Lebron for him, but his isn't happening. He is no where near superstar level. I like Josh but I have come to the conclusion we aren't going to win anything with him. Dwight has made it clear he is not coming to Atlanta has said it numerous times. Now Josh's camp is leaking rumors about him being moved because he doesn't want to be here now. I think the best think for both parties to part ways. What deal we get I don't know, but we won't get a superstar for him. He isn't a superstar himself.

Sad, but true.

And Joe is a superstar now? Come on.

Smith for the Pheonix stuff is very interesting and provides the building blocks for getting this team built the right way and not the bastard child of the all 6'8" wet dream team

I didn't say Joe was a superstar. Him and Josh are both stars and one step away from being a superstar.

I'd rather have the ABILITY to SIGN or DRAFT a superstar with that money and those picks, rather than paying superstar money to a non-superstar but I can clearly see you're not in that camp.

I'd rather have the ABILITY to SIGN or DRAFT a superstar with that money and those picks, rather than paying superstar money to a non-superstar but I can clearly see you're not in that camp.

exactly

We don't bring in superstar talent here. That's pretty obvious. LOL at thinking anything we get in the draft is gonna be a superstar. We've certainly had a lot of superstar picks recently. Jenkins and Scott are just newest Hawks players who will disappear in a couple seasons.

• Premium Member

Gortat is a great player don't let his goofy lookingness fool you.

Gortat is a goofy player. Don't let the fact that he once backed up a great center fool you.

Edited by niremetal

We don't bring in superstar talent here. That's pretty obvious. LOL at thinking anything we get in the draft is gonna be a superstar. We've certainly had a lot of superstar picks recently. Jenkins and Scott are just newest Hawks players who will disappear in a couple seasons.

Ferry has been here 1 year and both of those rookie picks seem like guys who will be around for a while as quality players and were taken low in the draft. To have apparently expected a superstar from those picks is laughable though.

U guys always leave out that Al was an All-NBA player as well...

I may be missing the point here so please elaborate.

The idea there there can't be hidden gems found in the draft is incredibly silly. Look at where ferry just came from the spurs are great at drafting great talent. Sure they got lucky with TD but they also found Manu Parker bonner etc.. The team of josh jj and big al was never going to win a title. So just scrap the thing and try to start anew. I mean the team is pretty much just as good as they were with JJ.Look at what GSW and Memphis have done both of these teams have a real life shot of losing to the heat in the finals. The hawks can build a team similar to the way they have. With smart drafting and good free agent signings. We're not going to get past the Heat or thunder for the next two to three years so why not rebuild.

Edited by taz

The idea there there can't be hidden gems found in the draft is incredibly silly. Look at where ferry just came from the spurs are great at drafting great talent. Sure they got lucky with TD but they also found Manu Parker bonner etc.. The team of josh jj and big al was never going to win a title. So just scrap the thing and try to start anew. I mean the team is pretty much just as good as they were with JJ.

Yep there are lots of good players who were taken later in the draft and many of them we'd kill to have on our team now.

Just throwing in my 2c. Gortat would come off the bench with Zaza behind Horford and Howard.There no way this trade makes any sense if Gortat is supposed to be our starter. No matter what filler the Suns give the Hawks, the Hawks would be a weaker team trading Smoove in this deal. If the trade happens it's because Ferry has some longer term objective.

Just throwing in my 2c. Gortat would come off the bench with Zaza behind Horford and Howard.There no way this trade makes any sense if Gortat is supposed to be our starter. No matter what filler the Suns give the Hawks, the Hawks would be a weaker team trading Smoove in this deal. If the trade happens it's because Ferry has some longer term objective.

I don't think anyone here thinks that Gortat is the short or long term plan. The plan is getting tradeable assets for a guy wanting to get paid too much and likely leaving for nothing in the offseason if we don't trade him.

I don't think anyone here thinks that Gortat is the short or long term plan. The plan is getting tradeable assets for a guy wanting to get paid too much and likely leaving for nothing in the offseason if we don't trade him.

Yea, true. Gotat is at least a serviceable big who would probably start on a team like the Thunder or even the Heat where you don't need a star center, just a big body to grab boards and score enough points to be useful. We're not the Thunder or Heat of course. Posted Image

Well, I'm here, and I think it would work better short term (and for a couple of seasons.) My belief is that Horford-Gortat is a better tandem than Smith-Horford.

what I don't under stand is the "far better rebounder" comparison to Josh. Josh is getting 8.4 rebounds per game playing PF/SF. Gortat is getting 9.0 rebounds per game playing center. The center position should be the easiest to rebound from on the court. 6/10th a rebound a game from a more prominent rebounding position doesn't seem like "far better" to me. Last year, only .4 more.